Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Why are most companies hush-hush about hiring freezes? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/38386-why-most-companies-hush-hush-about-hiring-freezes.html)

bentstrider 07-31-2009 12:59 AM

Typical.

Anywho, I've got another year for that "three years since accident" to be complete, so maybe that will lift up my chances somewhat.

Just too bad that that container guy I drove for closed up shop and took all of his equipment below the border.
All because I chose to remain mono-lingual.

rapatorr 07-31-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bentstrider (Post 457573)
Typical.

Anywho, I've got another year for that "three years since accident" to be complete, so maybe that will lift up my chances somewhat.

Just too bad that that container guy I drove for closed up shop and took all of his equipment below the border.

I thought this was America and it's official language was english , I'm sorry that happened man, I lost my job over a guy that would do it for half of what I was making, no joke

Phantom433a 08-02-2009 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bentstrider (Post 457573)

Arizona passed a law that English was the LAWFULL language for the state.....too bad theres no teeth in it.

Our recruiter tells drivers that we are not hiring at this time, but will take their apps.

ELGAUL 08-02-2009 02:45 AM

plus the fact that all advertising dollars are 100% tax write off's.look at nascar sponser's,ya they are there to be seen on sunday,but there companies are not eating $20 million a year to sponsor a car either..

geargrinder 08-02-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapatorr (Post 457599)
I thought this was America and it's official language was english , I'm sorry that happened man, I lost my job over a guy that would do it for half of what I was making, no joke

YRC Glenn Moore, Crete, Boyd Brothers, and Schneider continue to bombard Sirius/XM with innane advertisements.

chris1 08-03-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELGAUL (Post 457782)
plus the fact that all advertising dollars are 100% tax write off's.l

Spending the money for a deduction or paying a % in taxes and keeping the rest, i doubt it's for write off's.
Most have long term advertising contracts. Cheaper to continue than pay off and recieve nothing.

jonp 08-06-2009 11:00 AM

I think that it has more to do with the cost of taking those adds off of all of the trucks and also that advertising contracts are made months in advance so can't be broken without a penilty.

Windwalker 08-06-2009 11:55 AM

I'm expecting that more of us will lose our jobs that we already have. I"m seeing a further reduction in freight, so I don't expect it to simply stay at a hiring freeze. I'm expecting to see more downsizing. The ads for drivers is getting to be a joke.

bentstrider 08-06-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windwalker (Post 458337)
I'm expecting that more of us will lose our jobs that we already have. I"m seeing a further reduction in freight, so I don't expect it to simply stay at a hiring freeze. I'm expecting to see more downsizing. The ads for drivers is getting to be a joke.

Makes you wonder when the Department of Labor will change their hiring outlook lists.
As much as I'm trying to get back into this field, I'm at odds over others due to the fact that everything else seems to be downsizing as well.
You know you're in trouble when you see laid off engineers and chemists applying to the low-brow security company you're working at.
Luckily, I've been doing this off and on since '03, so it's my experience in this field that put me ahead of them on the hour-buffet.
And just like trucking, these degree-holders end up leaving after a week due to the "monotony-level" of the job.
"Ah!!! It's too hot!! I hate being outside, my wife is going to kill me for being dirty!!"

Huh huh, marriage.