Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Con-Way/CFI teams (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/38177-con-way-cfi-teams.html)

fredtello 06-30-2009 05:34 PM

Con-Way/CFI teams

Con way has a new ad on xm hiring teams. Well let me tell you, I know first hand that some had to wait 5 weeks out of orientation for a truck and they definatly are not Cascadias or kw t660 - they get the extreamly small t600 and old old to boot., You may get a truck sooner but it will be a t600 for certian. I sat for a day and a half to do a 5 mile local run in La last week. There was a team in a t600 who had the same thing going on but 2 local runs for $10 each....sucks.... just fyi:thumbsup:

Biscuit Lips 06-30-2009 06:03 PM

So I take it you are not very satisfied, eh?

Jumbo 07-01-2009 02:06 AM

He sounds very happy with his company choice.

ronjon619 07-01-2009 04:19 AM

they sent 2 drivers in one truck 10 miles.........oh my

Tobytob 07-01-2009 03:51 PM

CFI/Conway truckload

This is a very good company, I worked at CFI for about a 1.5 before leaving for a car hauling postion. Not once did they do me wrong. Dispatch is FIFO( fisrt in first out). If you dispatch from a terminal you can pick your loads. I liked the trucks, brand new T600 with a 475 cat and a 13 speed. Truck was amazing, just about every load is light weight. (atleast the ones I hauled)
If you get a junk truck over there, you can thank your fellow drivers becuase the maintence program is great. All trucks go thru inspection every time you enter the terminal in Joplin. trailers are in good shape and the money is good as long as your willing to run. If you can't run legal let them know and they will adjust the time or relay the load.
Teams do get priority over there, but there is enough freight to go around. Only negative about them is laredo. Most of the time you will sit for a day or two waiting for a reload out. I would take this time to catch up on rest and watch a lil TV and do laundry.
When it was time to reload, I would ask for something going to the NE pays 1900 miles to driver plus four stops. It was always there, no driver wanted that run.
All in all great company, not sure if things have changed. But I had a great time there and met alot of good people.

mhn 07-02-2009 05:44 AM

I talked to a CFI recruiter 2 months ago and she said they don't have enough trucks for the new hires, she said they should get some more in by the end of July. She also said they were going to stop orientations until the new trucks arrive.

Jumbo 07-02-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronjon619 (Post 454869)
they sent 2 drivers in one truck 10 miles.........oh my

Beats 1 driver in 2 trucks.