Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Swift cuts CPM by .01 (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/37647-swift-cuts-cpm-01-a.html)

Double R 04-15-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkjr (Post 446635)
Excuse me Bud where did you get this info??

All Schneider has done is close their schools and put a pay freeze on everybody!!

That's why as soon as Monday roll around.. i will be at four of my local Foodservice vendors with Resume in hand!!! If those cheap bastards would dare cut my pay...

Time to Lose Weight, Get My Life Back, MAKE HONEST HARD WORK MONEY, and see broads at the same time!! Can't beat that!!

Hawk, which foodservice companies you got in mind. If you don't want to put it out here, PM me. I might have some info.:thumbsup:

cdswans 04-15-2009 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belpre122 (Post 446621)
Gee! Who'd have thought that it would have been these 5 that would be first in line to cut pay.:thumbsdown: I'm shocked!

That is a coolie carrier Royal Flush!:lol:

There are plenty of companies out there . . Jevic comes to mind . . that cut quite a bit deeper.

I'm not happy with the cuts but I am happy to have a job. My miles are consistently good to very good . . I've had a few rotten weeks and I've had a few stellar weeks.

Last week and YTD looks a little like this:

MILEAGE PAY . . . 1,303.84 . . . 14,198.91
EXTRA PAY . . . . . . . 55.00 . . . . . 378.00
VACATION/OTH . . . . . . . . . . . . 1,753.86

Gross Pay . . . . . .1,358.84 . . . .16,330.77

This week, so far, I have 3 trips/2000 + miles and room to squeeze in one more.

I'll guess and say I've had 20 good days off and 4 or 5 that I didn't want or need. I drive an '09 Freightliner with above average fleet accomodations. I have a good relationship with my DM . . I turned down 3 loads before I got the 700+ mile load I'm on.

OTR has PLENTY of room for improvement but, today, I can't complain.

Cyanide 04-15-2009 05:54 AM

.....In case you haven't noticed Mother Superior has whacked accessorial pay.

:bs:

I still get every bit of accessory pay that I earn Ponce, and I personally don't know of anyone from other yards who aren't getting paid properly. Might be something to take up with your terminal manager if you're getting screwed out of $$$, and then corporate if he/she won't take care of the problem!

We all know that one issue being resolved now is that all the drivers who'd abuse the pay system are no longer able to do it. You know, the ones who used to cheat the system for a few extra bucks here and there and now simply can't get away with it anymore.

Anyway, I know things have tightened up for us all, but I'm still quite happy here as evidenced by my on-going thread though, I will not lie that I have a few embers in the fire just-in-case. C.Y.A ya know.............

:rofl:

dollarshort 04-16-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boneebone (Post 446610)
Schneider is cutting .5 cpm, Knight, JB Hunt, Werner are cutting .3cpm, so Swift is not the only one.

Knight is NOT cutting pay..... Get your facts straight!

Orangetxguy 04-16-2009 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker (Post 446556)
I haven't heard of anyone cutting anyone's CPM....Swift is the first. I guess they want to be the first to screw their drivers in this fashion.

Maybe "Unca Jerry" should cut his pay and benefits instead....and lighten other executives pay packages and stock options as well....

Hmmm, I wonder how many deadbeats, errr, I mean "relatives" he has sucking at the teat as well????

Actually, I'm surprised they didn't give a 1 cpm raise and shave the paid miles on every trip another 5 %......

I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry not only takes the penny a mile....AND cuts the paid miles too!

Flydragon 04-16-2009 03:11 AM

You know it may just sound pollyannish, but if cutting me a penny/mile keeps everyone else in a job that's ok. That kind of cut itsn't going to make or break me. And it just might keep someone else from a really hard time. I've been there before, as I would imagine most of us have, and it's not pretty.

If it all comes back when things pick up then it will have been worth it. It reminds me of that scene in Peter Pan... "Just think happy thoughts." I'm working on it, dammit. I'm working on it.

belpre122 04-16-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flydragon (Post 446742)
It reminds me of that scene in Peter Pan... "Just think happy thoughts." I'm working on it, dammit. I'm working on it.

I laughed so hard that I had to give you your first green rep points Flydragon!:lol:

Keep the positive attitude! Don't let GMAN drag you down!;):smokin::lol2:

boneebone 04-18-2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dollarshort (Post 446729)
Knight is NOT cutting pay..... Get your facts straight!

They will.

jburd 04-18-2009 02:16 PM

Well I reckon a cut in pay is better then a pink slip.
I was layed-off on the 8th of April after 28 years.
The construction industry was hit hard here in Texas.
I applied to Swift,once again, and start May 6th.

Maybe they are not the best,but you gotta start somewhere.
I'd rather work than draw unemployment and welfare.
This is my 3rd go-round with truckling.Everytime something comes alongs to screw me up.
The last time was torn colon and then no one would hire me because of a pending lawsuit agaisnt the doctor.I dropped that because of the cap on lawsuits here of 250k.
I'm used to being screwed.

:rofl:

dle 04-19-2009 04:46 AM

Hey Fly you forgot to mention that the e-mail was company private.

:)

But of course I was betting how long it would be before it would show up in the public.