Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Swift cuts CPM by .01 (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/37647-swift-cuts-cpm-01-a.html)

Bumper 04-14-2009 03:02 PM

I was talking to a Qwest driver the other day and he said they took a 4cpm pay cut. He felt it was the owners way of getting guys to quit so he could downsize the company without having to pay unemployment benefits to those that got fired or laid off.

So far it was working.....

Mackman 04-14-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumper (Post 446602)
I was talking to a Qwest driver the other day and he said they took a 4cpm pay cut. He felt it was the owners way of getting guys to quit so he could downsize the company without having to pay unemployment benefits to those that got fired or laid off.

So far it was working.....

I don't think the employer pays unemployment benefits anyway. It comes right out of your own pay check.

PonceDeLeon 04-14-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman (Post 446605)
I don't think the employer pays unemployment benefits anyway. It comes right out of your own pay check.

Nope, UC is strictly levied against the Employer. The rate the employer pays is determined by their historical data. The less UC claims an employer has, the lower their UC tax/insurance rate is.

dobry4u 04-14-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PonceDeLeon (Post 446606)
Nope, UC is strictly levied against the Employer. The rate the employer pays is determined by their historical data. The less UC claims an employer has, the lower their UC tax/insurance rate is.

This is exactly right. :thumbsup:

There is a federal and state unemployment tax employers pay on w-2'ed employees.

Mackman 04-14-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PonceDeLeon (Post 446606)

Didnt know that. Thanks foir the info.

boneebone 04-14-2009 05:22 PM

Schneider is cutting .5 cpm, Knight, JB Hunt, Werner are cutting .3cpm, so Swift is not the only one.

Jumbo 04-14-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boneebone (Post 446610)
Schneider is cutting .5 cpm, Knight, JB Hunt, Werner are cutting .3cpm, so Swift is not the only one.

That sucks.

belpre122 04-14-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Gee! Who'd have thought that it would have been these 5 that would be first in line to cut pay.:thumbsdown: I'm shocked!

That is a coolie carrier Royal Flush!:lol:

Hawkjr 04-15-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Schneider is cutting .5 cpm,

Excuse me Bud where did you get this info??

All Schneider has done is close their schools and put a pay freeze on everybody!!

That's why as soon as Monday roll around.. i will be at four of my local Foodservice vendors with Resume in hand!!! If those cheap bastards would dare cut my pay...

Time to Lose Weight, Get My Life Back, MAKE HONEST HARD WORK MONEY, and see broads at the same time!! Can't beat that!!

jonp 04-15-2009 12:26 AM

Having just left JBHunt I can say that unless they did something in the last 3 days they did not cut pay for the drivers. They froze the pay of all salaried and Shop help and stopped the 401k match. Didn't cut my pay so I'm not sure about that.