Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   C.R England (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/36614-c-r-england.html)

bulkdriverlp 12-31-2008 02:27 AM

C.R England

hey guys im new to this forum. thought id give some input to help others. just a bit about my past, i started out from ground zero in 2000, went to swift, they sent me to school and put me on a trainer truck for 6 weeks in greer sc. then i got my own truck which was a 2000 freightliner classic. i drove riegional for 1 year and 11 months safe. it was a struggle but i made it. loved every minute of it. wanted to start a family so i quit. drove 3,200 gallon propane bobtails for 4 years. then went on to 40yd trash trucks for 2.5 years. now here i am, lost my job at waste managment because it slowed down so much last winter. i went here to england, spent 7 days in orientation classroom stuff, 8 days in a hotel waiting for trainer truck, 5 days on the truck i went home for christmas, now im back at the hotel waiting to get back on a trainer truck. because its been 6 yrs since i drove a tractor trailer i have to do 30 days in phase 1 truck, then 35 days in a phase 2 truck, like a second seat. that is way too long of wasting my time. 30 days is all i need. they put poeople with no tractor trailer driving experience in with me, in the same group, which doesnt seem right. the second 35 days im just making the trainer and england money, not much for myself. they have a nice school and very good instructors. so far im pretty happy. i get paid 62.00 a day while i wait for a trainer truck plus we just signed a 10 million dollar contract with walmart, and a few others. so far so good. ill keep ya posted if ya want. thanks for listening

BIG JEEP on 44's 12-31-2008 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulkdriverlp (Post 431506)
hey guys im new to this forum. thought id give some input to help others. just a bit about my past, i started out from ground zero in 2000, went to swift, they sent me to school and put me on a trainer truck for 6 weeks in greer sc. then i got my own truck which was a 2000 freightliner classic. i drove riegional for 1 year and 11 months safe. it was a struggle but i made it. loved every minute of it. wanted to start a family so i quit. drove 3,200 gallon propane bobtails for 4 years. then went on to 40yd trash trucks for 2.5 years. now here i am, lost my job at waste managment because it slowed down so much last winter. i went here to england, spent 7 days in orientation classroom stuff, 8 days in a hotel waiting for trainer truck, 5 days on the truck i went home for christmas, now im back at the hotel waiting to get back on a trainer truck. because its been 6 yrs since i drove a tractor trailer i have to do 30 days in phase 1 truck, then 35 days in a phase 2 truck, like a second seat. that is way too long of wasting my time. 30 days is all i need. they put poeople with no tractor trailer driving experience in with me, in the same group, which doesnt seem right. the second 35 days im just making the trainer and england money, not much for myself. they have a nice school and very good instructors. so far im pretty happy. i get paid 62.00 a day while i wait for a trainer truck plus we just signed a 10 million dollar contract with walmart, and a few others. so far so good. ill keep ya posted if ya want. thanks for listening

$62.00 a day ...$434.00 wk ...Now don't be suprised if your weekly earnings don't surpass that $434.00 by much...and $62.00 would be like making $7.75hr ...The local C-store here pays 10.50hr .IDEA?

Rev.Vassago 12-31-2008 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's (Post 431517)
$62.00 a day ...$434.00 wk ...Now don't be suprised if your weekly earnings don't surpass that $434.00 by much...and $62.00 would be like making $7.75hr ...The local C-store here pays 10.50hr .IDEA?

The sad thing is....I can't disagree with that at all. Especially at CRE.

They'll be pushing you into signing a lease purchase agreement with them soon, if they haven't done so already. Promising that the real money is in Lease Purchase. That's not a lie - there is good money in Lease Purchase - but the one collecting all the "good money" is CRE.

devildice 12-31-2008 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 431524)
The sad thing is....I can't disagree with that at all. Especially at CRE.

They'll be pushing you into signing a lease purchase agreement with them soon, if they haven't done so already. Promising that the real money is in Lease Purchase. That's not a lie - there is good money in Lease Purchase - but the one collecting all the "good money" is CRE.

A few months back I was sitting at a TS drinking some coffee and shooting the breeze with another driver. This young guy sits down and orders a meal and eventually joins in on the conversation. As we get to chatting, it turns out that this guy is pulling for CRE.....he just got released from his trainers truck and was on his 2nd or 3rd solo load. He goes on about how great CRE's LP scam...I mean deal is and how he's making big $$ now :lol:.

As you can imagine, he opened up a huge can of worms. Every driver within ear shot politely and professionally (in other words no one was ragging on him) tried to explain to him that when everything was said and done the so called big $$ is only going to be big for CRE and if he's not real careful he'll find himself on the short end of the stick. This driver, (which by the way was in his early 20's and planning on marrying his now pregnant high school sweetheart) although appreciative of our advise already had it all figured out :roll2:. All I could do was wish him the sincerest BOL as I left.

Hopefully the OP will know a little better with his experience and not fall into CRE's brain washing :eek2:

bulkdriverlp 01-01-2009 04:35 PM

yea they spent a whole 8 hour day talking about leasing. it sounds good but there are variable cost. like say, fuel, permits, repairs. they take .14 a mile out of your pay to cover those costs, which ads up to be 6-700 a week. they put in their pocket. yea there are costs but they take too much and give it to themselves. the truck comes with everything ready to go when you get it. I-pass, permits, plates. if you run hard solo i was told that you can make 7-900 a week take home. idn. i talked to an independent contractor last nite in the lobby, (leasee) he said the magic number is 2,000 miles. you break even at that, most weeks he makes good money, couple weeks here and there he breaks even, not to often. i have 2 months to reasearch it since thats the refreshing i need after 2 years of experience and 167,000 miles safe. that rielly makes me mad...:pissedoff:

Windwalker 01-01-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulkdriverlp (Post 431735)
yea they spent a whole 8 hour day talking about leasing. it sounds good but there are variable cost. like say, fuel, permits, repairs. they take .14 a mile out of your pay to cover those costs, which ads up to be 6-700 a week. they put in their pocket. yea there are costs but they take too much and give it to themselves. the truck comes with everything ready to go when you get it. I-pass, permits, plates. if you run hard solo i was told that you can make 7-900 a week take home. idn. i talked to an independent contractor last nite in the lobby, (leasee) he said the magic number is 2,000 miles. you break even at that, most weeks he makes good money, couple weeks here and there he breaks even, not to often. i have 2 months to reasearch it since thats the refreshing i need after 2 years of experience and 167,000 miles safe. that rielly makes me mad...:pissedoff:

The lease operator has to pay the permits? If you were pulling your own freight, I would agree, but you're pulling England's freight. Permits to move that freight is THEIR COST, not the lease operator's cost. What escrows do they have, and what is the limit on each?

homer 01-01-2009 08:34 PM

england

whats the turnover rate for drivers at england now?
did ooida win that lawsuit? ive heard all about the lease operators and their minus 1000$ pay checks.
good luck

Rev.Vassago 01-01-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

it sounds good but there are variable cost. like say, fuel, permits, repairs. they take .14 a mile out of your pay to cover those costs, which ads up to be 6-700 a week.

They don't pay for the fuel. The sucker who signed the L/P agreement pays for the fuel. And it's a lot more than $0.14 per mile.

I wish my weekly fuel bill was $600-$700 though. That would be nice.:thumbsup:

mike3fan 01-01-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

it sounds good

don't be silly,it isn't. never has been.

Rev.Vassago 01-01-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3fan (Post 431781)
don't be silly,it isn't. never has been.

From another thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulkdriverlp
england is hiring 50 newbies a week here, freight is a little slow now but couple months we will be hammered. come over and lease a truck, theirs 35 ready to go at burns harbor in.

Something is fishy here.

Jumbo 01-01-2009 11:14 PM

What the heck is going on here? 50 newbies a week? Life at the bottom of the barrel must really suck. Are you a recruiter or just a driver who has to go onto a messageboard to try to get a recruiting bonus so he doesn't starve to death? Everybody who has ANY common sense or good judgement (or just plain good at math) already knows that lp's do not benefit anybody but the company. So, Please take your "it sounds good" and go away.

Midnight Flyer 01-01-2009 11:37 PM

What I can't figure out is whey hasn't the DOT, the Justice Department, or some other government agency shut England down from pulling these scams.

Rev.Vassago 01-01-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Flyer (Post 431827)
What I can't figure out is whey hasn't the DOT, the Justice Department, or some other government agency shut England down from pulling these scams.

Because they are legal. The government isn't supposed to protect us from ourselves. CRE and pretty much every other lease purchase company out there are preying on the fact that people don't always make the best personal decisions.

Immoral? Sure. Illegal? Not really.

Orangetxguy 01-02-2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homer (Post 431767)
whats the turnover rate for drivers at england now?
did ooida win that lawsuit? ive heard all about the lease operators and their minus 1000$ pay checks.
good luck

Yes...OOIDA won that lawsuit. The US Supreme Court ruled in favor of the Operators last January. A lot of companies rewrote their contracts in March of last year, to be in compliance with the court ruling, with their O/O's.

bulkdriverlp 01-04-2009 11:34 PM

jumbo, i am a student sitting in a hotel in hammond indiana waiting to get back on a phase 1 training truck. i got on the truck 12/15 for 5 days then went home for the holidays, now im back here waiting. im not a recruter. another 100 came off the greyhound today. they dont have enough trainers. so i have to wait. there is drivers waiting up to 4 weeks for a new lease truck to arrive so they can go to work. they dont get paid for this. i do.

the permits and plates and ipass comes with the truck, paid for by the company, when you get the truck its ready to pick up a load. what a mess. there is one lady in the office in burns harbor trying to sort out a couple hundred students with routing trucks to drive by burns harbor to pick up students. figuring out how the driver can get out from under the load, get another load, stay under it but deliver on time still. one person doing the work of 5. its a joke. wish me luck

Pack_Rat 01-05-2009 01:39 AM

Quit CRidiots now and save yourself the grief !!!!

Jumbo 01-05-2009 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulkdriverlp (Post 432406)
jumbo, i am a student sitting in a hotel in hammond indiana waiting to get back on a phase 1 training truck. i got on the truck 12/15 for 5 days then went home for the holidays, now im back here waiting. im not a recruter. another 100 came off the greyhound today. they dont have enough trainers. so i have to wait. there is drivers waiting up to 4 weeks for a new lease truck to arrive so they can go to work. they dont get paid for this. i do.

the permits and plates and ipass comes with the truck, paid for by the company, when you get the truck its ready to pick up a load. what a mess. there is one lady in the office in burns harbor trying to sort out a couple hundred students with routing trucks to drive by burns harbor to pick up students. figuring out how the driver can get out from under the load, get another load, stay under it but deliver on time still. one person doing the work of 5. its a joke. wish me luck

Sounds like a real quality operation. Who do I contact about signing up for one of these lease purchases? I didnt know that everything came with the truck.

AC120 01-05-2009 09:18 PM

bulkdriverlp ---

Try this:
http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/35050-variable-mileage-payment.html#post401527

And remember:
CRE's deal is NOT a "lease-purchase"! It's a lease! It's a lease! It's a lease!

thbogle 01-05-2009 09:38 PM

After reading all this makes me wanna go lease a truck from CRE! sounds like a top notch company with the lawsuits and all! :roll: But I wouldnt be classified as a trainee would I. Im still a rookie at the drivin thing.

Oh boy Im so excited I getta flease a truck then get another one and never own it:moon:

Roland D. LeBay 01-07-2009 12:05 AM

A lot of drivers they talk bad about cr england but how many drove for england? None i’d say. They hear stuff on the cb from bitter guys who failed and they think they know the real deal.

Well let me tell you im now on my second lease and im makin the best money i made in 15 years of truckin. You see its all about the miles and england has plenty of em to go round. Its like shaking the money tree they got so many miles.

I worked for jb hunt and i was running 2000 miles per week and sittin around in the truckstop watchin paint dry. A lot of these outfits promise you the moon and the stars but they don’t got the miles to back it up.

Don”t let nobody fool you drivers you gotta be runnin the miles to make it in this biz. Its all about the miles. A lot of drivers are bitter at successful contractors like me cause theyre sittin in the truckstop waiting on loads while my wheels don”t stop turnin. I see all the fleets sitting like schneider, prime, and lansdstar and lots of indpenpendents parked while i’m runnin circles around all of em.

What do you mean bad economy? Three weeks ago was my best week ever i did 5,600 miles and i went home and bought the little lady one of them new color tvs with all the bells and whistles. I’ve done no less than 4,300 miles per week since i been here and that’s no small potatoes.

At cr england you make your best money training students. You can run hard and teach new drivers how to earn the big bucks drivin a truck.

Come on down to salt lake city and get to makin some money like me. It”s real nice there they got a game room and pool tables and their own restaurant serving hot food. The England family is topnotch people they treat you like one of their own. Maybe you could be like a king of the road sittin behind the wheel of that big red 2009 cascadia with all the chrome trimmins makin money hand over fist like me!!!!!

-Roland D. LeBay

LightsChromeHorsepower 01-07-2009 12:16 AM

I think I'm interested.

Who should I call?

Can I be sure I get a red truck?

My friend Steve Booth (He knows almost everything about trucking) says red trucks are best.

So I don't want to do it unless I get a red one!

thbogle 01-07-2009 12:16 AM

Sounds like one of those recruiters made it on here! So heres one for ya Mr. Recruiter:moon:

Rev.Vassago 01-07-2009 12:18 AM

:roll2::roll3::roll:

Jumbo 01-07-2009 12:20 AM

There is no "e in potato. Someone else will be along to correct you on the "it''s all about the miles" theory.

Roland D. LeBay 01-07-2009 01:01 AM

Well sir I didn't do good in school which is why I became a truckdriver. That aint a bad thing mind you I love drivin truck and seein this wonderful country and makin money. No I aint no recruiter Im just a driver like you are. But I read all this mumbo jumbo about cr england from drivers that never drove there and their only repeating the scuttlebut they heard on the CB or at the lunch counter.

15 years I been drivin truck and now I'm makin top money in a new spec-ed out rig with chrome as far as the eye can see. I see all these owner operators drivin junk around and I see these wore out company rigs hobbling down the road and I blow by em all like they was standing still on the way to my next high dollar load. Why drive a bucket of bolts when you can cruise down the highpay highway in style?

Reefer is where you want to be right now on account of people always gotta eat right? And CR England has plenty of reefer loads to run with tall miles to keep you busy. Why they're just bustin at the seams they got so many accounts to pull for hard runnin drivers. And like I said you can train one or two students and run like the wind and learn em the proper way to drive truck. That in itself is its own reward.

Life's too short to be in the granny lane limping along in a stripped down governed truck. We truckers are the last american cowboys so you need a good steel horse to ride. That's why my handle is lone ranger on the CB cause that's me saying "HI HO SILVER AWAY movin right along to my next big payday" :)

-Roland D. LeBay

scythe08 01-07-2009 01:05 AM

Hmmm I thought the idea to successful owner operatorship was to run smarter, not harder. I'm glad you had a 5000+ mile week and would love see you explain your logs to a Weight station. I used to work at Johnson Matthey which is the tan building to the east of you and I cannot count the times we saw your drivers walking down the frontage road with all of their belongings in tow. I will never support your company because of the filth I had to endure dealing with them! If you're a troll, you definably struck a bone with me.

Tell me something else, since your on your second lease, what happened with all that money you paid for the first one? Did you buy the truck? Were you able to buy the truck? Were you allowed the option to buy the truck? You sucker in New drivers who have no Idea about trucking at all and throw false numbers at them and sucker them into your filthy fleece deals. If you're such an success at England, go post your numbers over on the Owner-op board and let those guys sniff through the BS. They're really good at spotting it from a mile away.

*pant pant*
Rant done

Rev.Vassago 01-07-2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland D. LeBay (Post 432689)
But I read all this mumbo jumbo about cr england from drivers that never drove there and their only repeating the scuttlebut they heard on the CB or at the lunch counter.

What about the CRE website? Is that a reliable place to get information about the company?

Pack_Rat 01-07-2009 01:48 AM

Quote:

Well sir I didn't do good in school which is why I became a truckdriver. That aint a bad thing mind you I love drivin truck and seein this wonderful country and makin money. No I aint no recruiter Im just a driver like you are. But I read all this mumbo jumbo about cr england from drivers that never drove there and their only repeating the scuttlebut they heard on the CB or at the lunch counter.

15 years I been drivin truck and now I'm makin top money in a new spec-ed out rig with chrome as far as the eye can see. I see all these owner operators drivin junk around and I see these wore out company rigs hobbling down the road and I blow by em all like they was standing still on the way to my next high dollar load. Why drive a bucket of bolts when you can cruise down the highpay highway in style?

Reefer is where you want to be right now on account of people always gotta eat right? And CR England has plenty of reefer loads to run with tall miles to keep you busy. Why they're just bustin at the seams they got so many accounts to pull for hard runnin drivers. And like I said you can train one or two students and run like the wind and learn em the proper way to drive truck. That in itself is its own reward.

Life's too short to be in the granny lane limping along in a stripped down governed truck. We truckers are the last american cowboys so you need a good steel horse to ride. That's why my handle is lone ranger on the CB cause that's me saying "HI HO SILVER AWAY movin right along to my next big payday" :)

-Roland D. LeBay

I call BULL$HlT. post some of your REAL logs and some of your REAL pay sheets. And we MIGHT begin to believe you. Now put up or shut up the ball is in your court!!!!!! If not then go away TROLL !!!!!

Orangetxguy 01-07-2009 02:27 AM

Holy Crapola!!! How did that dude get 2 red squares so quick???

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tell the brothers England hello for me.

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

thbogle 01-07-2009 02:33 AM

How can you train a student right by running 5600 or 4800 miles a week? That would mean you were in the sleeper while the student was driving. Thats training? :hellno:

I called a CRE recruiter, got their facts, ran the numbers I cant figure out how you could possibly be making so much money. Sliding pay scales are junk. They are designed to make companies more money. You are not rewarded for years of driving experience. From the sounds of your training system it's no better than half of them out here. Just teach em how to hold the wheel and get through the gears then we will run you hard as a team. Or do ya'll even get that far before you run team. How can you train from the sleeper?

Jumbo 01-07-2009 02:39 AM

You can take one or two students, ride like the wind and TEACH them the proper way to drive a truck? PLEASE enlighten us on how that is achieved.

Jumbo 01-07-2009 02:47 AM

Lone Ranger? Should be "Blowin Strangers"

Rev.Vassago 01-07-2009 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 432698)

I figured that since CRE had red trucks, it would fit with his avatar better.

thbogle 01-07-2009 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo (Post 432703)
Lone Ranger? Should be "Blowin Strangers"

:clap::clap::clap:

BIG JEEP on 44's 01-07-2009 03:03 AM

Quote:

-Roland D. LeBay

CRE company trucks are just middle of road POS century /some internationals...Lease ops run middle of the road classics and POS like company ...I've seen england lease op drivers on a few occasions with 2 -3 students in one truck...Yep CR seems like great place to drive...LOL

acip 01-07-2009 03:22 AM

boy..its getin deep now!!!

b00m 01-07-2009 03:43 AM

Roland D. LeBay you're blowing smoke.

As an independent trucker i was called by the CR brokers to be offered loads of produce from AZ to the east coast.And they weren't paying s@#it.So if you're telling me that you can make money with them good luck but i can't believe it.

Mackman 01-07-2009 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 432698)

LOL i was thinking the samething. I added to the red for him.:clap:

Roland D. LeBay 01-07-2009 03:47 AM

So tell me buddy if all the lease-ops got vanilla trucks then how is it I got chrome stacks? What about my chrome intake grills? Or my duel chrome train horns with 4”flares? Tell me how my dash has all chrome inlay along with chrome freightliner lettering and custom chrome ignition detailing? Or my chrome go-go dancer mudflaps?

When you run the miles I do you can make the extra money to splurge on toys. You see, you guys only got it half right you don’t run just smart you gotta run smart and hard, that’s the ticket to a big payday. A lot of drivers are at the truckstops playing the pinball machines and the one-arm bandits. They see me pull into the truckstop with pride in my ride and a big fat billfold hanging from a chain in my back pocket and they get jealous and want to start trouble. That's when they get an introduction to Mr. Fist.

If CR England is such a bad company, then why did Wal-Mart choose us to be their prime refrigerated carrier? Wouldn’t make sense if drivers were losing trucks and going bankrupt, who would pull all that Wallyworld freight?

I teach my students how to log the right way and run hard. A bunch of my students are now lease operators like me at England and they're pullin down big bucks in new trucks running those steady Wallyworld loads. Where else can a greenhorn driver get a brand new truck out of the gate and own his own business? That's the American dream runnin' your own business maybe you guys ought to try it sometime instead of runnin' your mouths. :D Just kiddin' it's all good here's to light loads and dry roads!!!!!

-Roland D. LeBay

Mackman 01-07-2009 03:52 AM

CFM is that you???

Welcome back:clap: