Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   A. Duie Pyle (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/35721-duie-pyle.html)

Mackman 09-29-2008 02:41 AM

A. Duie Pyle

http://www.pyleco.com/

Any one ever drive for them??

I am going to get my hazmat hopefully by the end of this week. Well im going to take the test. Then have to do the fingerprinting and all the stuff. So in like 30days i will have my hazmat.

They are looking for night time linehaul driver. The only way i will drive LTL is if it is linehaul i want nothing to do with P&D.

My dad has a real good buddy who has been there for 15+ years he is in management. But he is in the wharehousing part of it. So i will be giving him a call this week. If anybody knows anything about them let me know.

Thanks
MACKMAN

Howard 09-29-2008 07:36 PM

duie pyle

Good co to work for get a offer take it.

Mackman 09-29-2008 09:05 PM

Re: duie pyle

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard
Good co to work for get a offer take it.

why do you say that???

DDCavi 09-29-2008 11:13 PM

That company has seem to blow up in Maine. I see them everywheres now.

Jimbpard 09-29-2008 11:54 PM

Did you dump the girl??
I thought you didnt wanna do night time work? Thats what linehaul is.

Why not do P&D?
You can have alot more of a life.

Mackman 09-30-2008 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbpard
Did you dump the girl??
I thought you didnt wanna do night time work? Thats what linehaul is.

Why not do P&D?
You can have alot more of a life.

We are still together always will be :wink: She will be my sugarmomma when she gets out of college.

We talked about it and i have to do something. Dump Truckin is cool and all but it is getting tuff. OT dropped off again. Im looking inot a couple diff. jobs right now. 1st i got to get my hazmat which im doing right now then alot more doors will open.

I just dont think i can handle P&D. Alot of BS with that part of LTL. (so i think) I will much rather just do linehaul.

DDCavi 09-30-2008 09:32 PM

PS it should only take around two weeks to get your letter back for Hazmat, unless you have a background. :twisted:

Mackman 09-30-2008 09:53 PM

Well i made some phone calls today to fine out more info.

THE GOOD
Linehaul drivers make 58-68k a year
All linehaul runs are paid hourly. NO CPM
If you do a overnight run company sets you up with a room.
Great benefits.
No ON-CALL
Yard is 6miles away from my house

THE BAD
OT after 45hrs
Starting rate 16/hr (with in 6 months 19-20/hr)

My dads friend who i called told me if i pass the hazmat test on friday or saturday put in the app. right away dont wait.

Also they will need a resume. Never made a resume before most trucking jobs dont ask for one. Guess when my GF comes home from college this weekend i will make her make one for me. :lol:

So what do you all think :?:

ironeagle_2006 10-01-2008 01:10 AM

Go for it mackman

Colts Fan 10-01-2008 02:12 AM

Sounds like a great gig Mackman, I'd jump on that!

DDCavi 10-01-2008 07:41 AM

I dont think the "bads" are even that bad. They can basically fall into the good catergory IMO.

Snowman7 10-01-2008 10:47 AM

From what I have heard they treat their employees very well. They are kinda small so you would always have to worry about being bought out by someone, or folding. Small LTL companies are becoming a thing of the past.

Double R 10-01-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman
i want nothing to do with P&D.

Not to keen on your backing skills I take it. Or is it that you don't like Philly traffic.

Quote:

If you do a overnight run company sets you up with a room.

You do know that most of thier terminals have what they call "Sleeping Rooms." You won't be in a Motel/Hotel.

Quote:

Starting rate 16/hr (with in 6 months 19-20/hr)

Top rate for Line-haul is $21.93($21.00 P/D). Takes two years to reach top rate.

Want more info(see PM also)? I have a friend who has been with Pyle Transport(thier T/L divsion) for over a year and a former driver from my company now does linehaul out of Pittsburgh for them.

vavega 10-01-2008 03:08 PM

i say go for it too, you're not going to do any better that close to your house, that's why i recommended them.

the starting hourly rate is prevailing, R+L starts at 16.20 @hour over here in south jersey, and i know pitt ohio was, emphasis on was 16 a couple years ago.

is your ot after 45 or after 9 a day? big difference, since they can work the schedule during the week to cover that 1 day so you won't get any.

the only other con i can think of is do you have to slip seat? and for how long?

any piece of equipment i ever saw was clean, and looked maintained. good luck with whatever you do.http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/thumb.gif

Jimbpard 10-01-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double R
Not to keen on your backing skills I take it. Or is it that you don't like Philly traffic.

Lmao... :lol: 8)

Double R 10-01-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbpard
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double R

Lmao... :lol: 8)

Told you....... :wink:

Mackman 10-04-2008 05:17 PM

Well i passed my hazmat test.

But the DMV wouldn't give me the paper work I needed to get the back round check done cuz I didn't have my birth certificated. So now I have to go back up there with that to get the paper work to go to the state police. I had to wait in line for 2 hr and 15 min. DMV is a joke.

On top of things they put a Restriction on my license cuz I had to wear my glasses to pass the eye test.

Double R 10-04-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman (Post 416774)
Well i passed my hazmat test.

But the DMV wouldn't give me the paper work I needed to get the back round check done cuz I didn't have my birth certificated. So now I have to go back up there with that to get the paper work to go to the state police. I had to wait in line for 2 hr and 15 min. DMV is a joke.

On top of things they put a Restriction on my license cuz I had to wear my glasses to pass the eye test.

2 hr and 15min at PENNDOT? Wow, you must have been the first one in line at 6AM this morning.

Did they give you a list of where and when you can get the prints done? If not, PENNDOT's website has it.

CaliTrucker 10-04-2008 07:02 PM

Seems like going to the dmv always sucks. They always seem to make everything take about two hours longer than it should.

I'm afraid I will get that same restriction too, cuz I barely made them dang letters out the last time I was in there...I swear they get smaller everytime I go in there[ 8-| ]

Mackman 10-04-2008 09:13 PM

Well i went back and got my letter. This time it was only 1.5 hr wait. Monday they are open to take my prints 5pm-8pm so i will get them done then. It says allow up to 90days. I hope it comes alot faster. By the way people talk it should only be 3-4 weeks.

I will also be calling LASIK. I will not put up with glasses or contacts.

BTW any one thinking of getting their hazmat it was an easy test i only read the book 2 times and missed 1 question. If i can do it anyone can.

Orangetxguy 10-04-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman (Post 416801)
Well i went back and got my letter. This time it was only 1.5 hr wait. Monday they are open to take my prints 5pm-8pm so i will get them done then. It says allow up to 90days. I hope it comes alot faster. By the way people talk it should only be 3-4 weeks.

I will also be calling LASIK. I will not put up with glasses or contacts.

BTW any one thinking of getting their hazmat it was an easy test i only read the book 2 times and missed 1 question. If i can do it anyone can.

Most of the folks I know who have had lasik done, ended up getting glasses to read up close. Lasik might be good...but your going to compensate on one side of the vision scale or the other.

I wear glasses...been wearing them since I was 4. Have Bi-focals now.

Mackman 10-05-2008 06:25 PM

To all the LTL drivers

What the hell is a P&D/ Swap driver ???

vavega 10-05-2008 06:39 PM

p+d/swap is a regular "city" driver, one that goes out in the morning (maybe after loading their own trailer, depending on co.), makes all the deliveries, then pickups. the swap part comes in when instead of making individual pickups from numerous shippers, you drop the empty at a customer and pickup a loaded ltl trailer. i know pyle does that everyday at becton-dickinson in bridgeport, nj.

an easy way to end the day. :)

Mackman 10-05-2008 09:40 PM

Thanks Vavega. Think i will stick with my linehaul. Thats even if i get the job. :cool:

Jumbo 10-06-2008 02:10 AM

I had the Lasik done last year. Best thing I ever did for myself. I don't need glasses to read up close but everybody is different. Mine was $4000.00 but that included EVERYTHING. All the tests, the surgery, and all the doctor visits before and after and all followup visits.

Mackman 10-06-2008 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo (Post 417056)
I had the Lasik done last year. Best thing I ever did for myself. I don't need glasses to read up close but everybody is different. Mine was $4000.00 but that included EVERYTHING. All the tests, the surgery, and all the doctor visits before and after and all followup visits.

Thanks for the info. Jumbo. I think i will be getting it done as soon as i get a job making more $$$ then i got now.

Mackman 10-06-2008 02:41 AM

Found some youtube videos about plye.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PyleCo

You cant really go by them videos cuz all they are going to tell you is that it is the best company to work for. You can go to CRE site and see the same thing LOL.

Mackman 10-06-2008 11:10 PM

Well i got a email today from Pyle with the Application. I sent my Resume in last night. I guess my 1/2 ass resume was good for them cuz they sent me an Application. I filled it out and sent it back to them. Next step is a phone call.

I called my inside informant at Pyle. He said he will call HR 2morrow and make sure i get a phone call. So that was good to hear.

Also went and got my prints done for the hazmat today it took all of 15min. I was in & out in no time.

I will keep updating if any one wants me to??

belpre122 10-06-2008 11:40 PM

Definitely keep us updated bro! Sounds to me like a pretty decent outfit.
Have you checked with Coolio to see what he thinks?:D

Mackman 10-06-2008 11:56 PM

Just for belpre i will keep updating.

Is coolio still around i only saw his one post. I hope he comes to this thread and gives his input it would be good. He has alot of good knowledge about the LTL world.

vavega 10-07-2008 08:28 PM

yes, please keep updating, i'd like to know how you make out. i passed one today and just in case you didn't know, their fleet isn't all macks. :p :D you might be disappointed if you get a freightliner. :eek:

Mackman 10-07-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vavega (Post 417226)
yes, please keep updating, i'd like to know how you make out. i passed one today and just in case you didn't know, their fleet isn't all macks. :p :D you might be disappointed if you get a freightliner. :eek:

I know they started buy freightjunkers about 2 years ago. All i can do is ask for a MACK. But hey a truck is a truck. All i care about is the money$$$$.:D

belpre122 10-08-2008 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman (Post 417126)
Is coolio still around i only saw his one post. I hope he comes to this thread and gives his input it would be good. He has alot of good knowledge about the LTL world.

I agree Mack! Coolio could be of great help to you right now. I have only seen one or two posts. Maybe he will be back soon. Lord knows we need him.:)

Double R 10-08-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman (Post 417231)
I know they started buy freightjunkers about 2 years ago. All i can do is ask for a MACK. But hey a truck is a truck. All i care about is the money$$$$.:D

Good luck getting a "Bull Dog". They are phasing them out. Also, you do know that thier new trucks are all automatics.

Mackman 10-08-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double R (Post 417332)
Good luck getting a "Bull Dog". They are phasing them out. Also, you do know that thier new trucks are all automatics.

AUTOs WTF!!!!!!

Even the linehaul trucks are auto??? I can see the P&D single axles being auto. Well i still havent gotten a call from them. But when i do i will update.

Automatics what the hell is the trucking world coming too. Are truckers getting soft.

Double R 10-08-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman (Post 417416)
AUTOs WTF!!!!!!

Even the linehaul trucks are auto??? I can see the P&D single axles being auto. Well i still havent gotten a call from them. But when i do i will update.

Automatics what the hell is the trucking world coming too. Are truckers getting soft.

From what I have been told, YES, all the new freights are auto(linehaul, P&D, And Pyle T/L trucks).:D

Mackman 10-08-2008 08:57 PM

I know not all freights are auto. Look at one of them videos on the last page they are inside a freightliner and it is stick. So maybe there is hope for a real truck. :D Now when im next to a pyle truck im going to have to try to look inside to see if i see a stick or not.

Uturn2001 10-09-2008 03:58 AM

Quote:

Pretty much the same thing was said when road ranger transmissions first came out. ;)

marylandkw 10-10-2008 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uturn2001 (Post 417465)
Pretty much the same thing was said when road ranger transmissions first came out. ;)

A REAL trucker can and should run 2 sticks, we are going to easy on these noobs.

Kranky 10-10-2008 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marylandkw (Post 417655)
A REAL trucker can and should run 2 sticks, we are going to easy on these noobs.

Amen to that.