Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   2008 Shaffer-Heartland CHRONICLES (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/32145-2008-shaffer-heartland-chronicles.html)

Orangetxguy 09-05-2008 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronjon619
SD Chargers 2009 Super Bowl Champs. :wink:

Yer kiddin me right???

Denver..all the way!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

ronjon619 09-05-2008 04:36 AM

Let me have a sip of what your drinking. We own you guys.

Orangetxguy 09-05-2008 04:40 AM

Quote:

You will find it on the refrigerated juice isle down at Ralph's.

Simply Limeade.

ronjon619 09-05-2008 04:43 AM

I hate Ralph's, Im a Vons man.

Your old age is confusing you. You must think Elways your QB and T. Davis is still the RB. T Davis is a DAYGO boy.

Bumper 09-05-2008 04:44 AM

What??? A Texan who isnt a cowboys fan?????

I have fallen and I cant get up.................

Orangetxguy 09-05-2008 05:07 AM

Quote:

I hate Ralph's, Im a Vons man.

Your old age is confusing you. You must think Elways your QB and T. Davis is still the RB. T Davis is a DAYGO boy.

Aaaaaaaah Yes!! John E !!! Was he not one of the best scramblers you ever watched???!!!

Karl Mecklenberg....awesome..Rulon Jones...A Nailer! Dennis Smith!!

Those guys made da game I tell you!!

I've been a Denver fan since I was 8..........so go away BOY !!! YER botherin ME !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

ronjon619 09-05-2008 05:11 AM

Ok, old timer. It's gotta be bed time for you. My dad gets cranky after 8pm also. I will see you on FOOTBALL SUNDAYS. GO BOLTS.

headborg 09-05-2008 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumper
Did the O/O call and complain about you asking for a jump?

Jeesh what an outfit......

no-- the communication went like this:

1) arrival of preplan to pick up a load 29 miles away between 1pm-3pm( it was Noon. A load that would have gotten me by the house for weekend.

2) truck wouldn't crank over ( been setting 6hours )

3) I sent a FYI message--stating I was going to need a jump

4) FM-- cancelled my preplan ( the one that would have gotten me home )
while I was out of truck-- catching the O/O before he drove off.

5) I sent a message asking WHY he was in such a hurry to cancel that-- I had a set of cables on the problem --

6) that is what, started the whole stupid Q&A about -- have you contacted
breakdown yet......etc.

Yeah, after 30 minutes of trying to charge these batteries and jumping-- gave up, thanked the O/O for trying-- then called breakdown.

1st thing they asked, when told the problem was...... is there anyone around there with cables that could try jumping you?

the real pisser is--- I was up and running at 2pm with an hour left to get over to shipper for my load HOME--- but, instead they pulled that-- and got me relaying this one down to North Liberty.

Obviously, they don't want problem solvers here....

Oh yeah, I understand his point of view.... need to CYA and call the breakdown department first--- that way, if the batteries blew up or something got cross wired-- it would be on breakdown's door step--instead of mine. But, they'd still turn it around on the driver anyway.

can't believe they authorized a ....Pull start. Talk about 100 times more dangerous than ... replacing the batteries. But, ultimately-- that jump starting would have been cheaper-- heck, even the O/O could have pull started me( with a chain- if he had one).

RebelDarlin 09-05-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:

Simply Limeade.

I love that stuff!

headborg 09-05-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:

Simply Limeade.

I love that stuff!

me...three or two or too...whatever