Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   2008 Shaffer-Heartland CHRONICLES (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/32145-2008-shaffer-heartland-chronicles.html)

headborg 08-05-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weazz
Quote:

Originally Posted by headborg
mechanic placed lock on the load and forced me thru the inspection line-- despite my telling him -- the load was suppose to deliver at noon in Davenport-- couldn't leave the yard until 11am.

How are they on late loads? And who's at fault you or the mechanic?
Unless something major i cant belive they would do that. gotta keep the customers happy you know :)

he said it was due a 'grease job'-- seems 4 other loaded trailers were also due-- grease jobs that morning too.

turned out-- it was just a load of scrap alum bound for recycle. But he didn't know that-- could have been-- something serious-- then again if it was that seriously urgent-- they would have got a call on it.

headborg 08-06-2008 04:27 AM

Quote:

Week in progress;

1633 as of tonight Saturday-Tuesday

short hauls don't add up

lost 4 hours at O'Fallon drop yard-- picking up one of these 'short hauls'-- they come in at 7am and place glade hand locks on all the trailers-- I had to deadhead in from Columbia, Mo- couldn't start my 14 until 5:15 am-- and just made it through the fuel island and was trying to hook and run--- mechanic placed lock on the load and forced me thru the inspection line-- despite my telling him -- the load was suppose to deliver at noon in Davenport-- couldn't leave the yard until 11am.

O'Fallon- Grand Prairie, Tx for 6pm Wednesday.

That will put me at 2267-- for 5 days running which IS totally in line with what was suggested-- if they shot me back to house from Texas-- 481 more would be 2748 for 6 days-- then 2 days off( Friday+ Saturday) ---
I could definately Live with that! But I suspect-- he's out to run me MORE atleast try to get another weekend out of me.......

Weazz 08-06-2008 04:31 AM

[quote="headborg"]
Quote:

I suspect-- he's out to run me MORE atleast try to get another weekend out of me.......

Just think of all the big bucks your making with them :wink:

headborg 08-06-2008 04:41 AM

Tonight, running down I-44 out of St. Louis-- in this thunder storm---- I came
close to a serious Religious Experience( face to face with the POWER of GOD! A bolt of lightning struck the guard rail only FEET ahead of my truck--- lasted what seemed like minutes-- but really only a second-- but that massive bolt of pure energy from the heavens-- that close-- it was actually bright orange where it hit the metal guard rail-- sparks flying.... I could feel the energy traveling through the ground-- my hair must have stood up-- it reminded me of STAR TREK- GENERATIONS the ribbon(nexus) . The bolt of lightning was pure white( with blue edges and wide as the truck--- a solid one second arc of energy......wow!

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...ST_600x450.jpg

Weazz 08-06-2008 06:26 AM

Quote:

Tonight, running down I-44 out of St. Louis-- in this thunder storm---- I came
close to a serious Religious Experience( face to face with the POWER of GOD! A bolt of lightning struck the guard rail only FEET ahead of my truck--- lasted what seemed like minutes-- but really only a second-- but that massive bolt of pure energy from the heavens-- that close-- it was actually bright orange where it hit the metal guard rail-- sparks flying.... I could feel the energy traveling through the ground-- my hair must have stood up-- it reminded me of STAR TREK- GENERATIONS the ribbon(nexus) . The bolt of lightning was pure white( with blue edges and wide as the truck--- a solid one second arc of energy......wow!

[img]http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/09/lightningST_600x450.jpg
[/img]

HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!.... Ummm i dont think they have palm trees in st louis :lol:

But seeing the guard rail glow is priceless, Did your go death from the boom?

Had one hit close to me in florida and the feeling and deafing noise is undiscribable. Careful out there :borg:

Twilight Flyer 08-06-2008 01:34 PM

A number of years ago, a friend of mine and myself were in his white pickup truck and took a lightning bolt directly to the top of the pickup. Didn't go deaf, but went blind for a good bit. Seemed like forever before our vision got back to a point where we could at least see a little bit. The bolt left a black line on the fabric of the ceiling inside the cab and the ozone smell was downright overpowering. Back then I had hair and it was definitely a hair-raising experience. :)

Syncrosonix 08-06-2008 02:48 PM

i love lightning. if i have time to sit and watch the show, i will. on the night of june 17th, 2008, traveling through nebraska along westbound i-80, i was going through some severe thunderstorms between york and lexington. near lexington, a bolt struck the qualcomm dome and fried it.

Weazz 08-06-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syncrosonix
i love lightning. if i have time to sit and watch the show, i will. on the night of june 17th, 2008, traveling through nebraska along westbound i-80, i was going through some severe thunderstorms between york and lexington. near lexington, a bolt struck the qualcomm dome and fried it.

Wish something would hit my qualcomm sometimes...

BTW your hair due still the same :D

Syncrosonix 08-06-2008 03:07 PM

yeah, it was nice being untraceable for about a day and a half.

the avatar isn't a pic of me. it's a pic that's been circulating the world wide web for many years now. i think it's of some kid during his high school yearbook photo. i wonder if he'd seen it on the net and ducked away due to embarrassment of not only having a mullet, but also a tall flat-top up top. looks like the era of the photo was during the early 90's. back when kid 'n' play were doing their thang.

headborg 08-08-2008 03:21 AM

Looks like week will end-- at 2776 HHG miles for 7 days- I'll be in Ft. Smith, Ar out of hours until Friday Mid-night( Saturday Morning 00:01)

still not home yet.

That's another thing-- these short hauls burn up more 15 minutes and the slow truck(63) and log department only allows 60mph--- all burn hours --- I'm gonna have to start logging like before My Crete days-- there's no way 2800 miles should have consumed all my hours. Maybe, just log the Rand McMythic Miles.