Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   2008 Shaffer-Heartland CHRONICLES (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/32145-2008-shaffer-heartland-chronicles.html)

txdrvr 02-02-2008 01:28 AM

Howdy

Also Headborg I was wondering if you could tell us how the running with Crete loads are helping the drivers at Shaffer. I saw two more out west and noticed quite a few Shaffers trucks with Crete trailers now usually out of the Wilmer yard. It definately has hurt the Crete drivers a bit and some grumbling has started already.

Bumper 02-02-2008 02:43 AM

On my last trip to Henderson Nevada I had two Blue Shaffer trucks with Red Crete trailers go by me South on the I 15.

And this week I received yet another letter from the Shaffer recruiter wanting me to go there.....

headborg 02-02-2008 03:56 AM

Re: Ok

Quote:

Originally Posted by txdrvr
Howdy Headborg. Y'all still get a performance bonus over at Company X. They stopped it awhile back at Company FU when the raises happened a couple of years ago. When they did have it they did the usual also and found something to disqualify you for it so I just never tried for it after the first year or two.

NO, I just questioned my Fleet Manager about this Bonus Issue-- and seems I missed the Memo stating that it was discontinued with that .03 cent raise.
I was so far in the Red on Safety Points(logs) it took until last December to get into the Black.

So I'll have to take back that paranoid interpertation---

FYI-

THERE'S NO BONUS AT Company X/ Company FU
THERES'S ALSO NO LAYOVER
THERE'S NO SPLITING YOUR SLEEPER BERTH BREAK

headborg 02-02-2008 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headborg
Games companies play:

1/11/08- I pass a California DOT Inspection- send in the Inspection Report
this lowers my safety points with Company FU into the Black so now I'm eligible for
performance bonus.

I've been dispatched on 12599 this Month<---should qualify me for Bonus

1/31/08

I get the following qual-comm message:

Msg from XXXXX, Can you pls look back at trip XXXXXX( Equity Meats going to Greensboro, NC) for lxp.... it shows that you were late for the delivery...
I was just wondering why? thanks

the delivery appointment was at 23:00
I arrived at 22:34( time stamp on Arrival at Consignee)

Fleet manager's Assistant ---had no trouble at all pulling up this message in the computer.

But person XXXXXX couldn't find this??? No, sorry I don't buy this- I've never gotten a message like this- don't think it's a quencidence that this message was sent out on the last day of the month---they are looking for something to disqualify me with.

ALL THE ABOVE IS FALSE INTERPERTATION/ PARANOID ASSUMPTION-AS THERE IS NO BONUS ANYMORE...

headborg 02-02-2008 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin
How much of a bonus are you looking to receive?

I WAS HOPING- it would be the full $500.00- but now I learn there is no Bonus anymore.

headborg 02-02-2008 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipy46
Headborg...

I see where 'people' are disqualifying you the extra bonus bucks...

Where I work they do the same thing .... it seems to be part of the

trucking world... :sad:

Kinda sad... but true

PS:I just called them .... they will let me take the critter!!!

(German Shepherd) He is non-agressive.... he has no nuts :roll:

.....39 to 40 cpm

6 out = 1 off

They go West ...

Cool ...

Maybe this will work out

Welcome aboard--- p.s. it's 1.5 days for 6 out-- don't let them cheat you out of your 1/2 days.

Bumper 02-02-2008 04:04 AM

I never did understand how they could give blue truck drivers a half day off more than red truck drivers.........racist bastards.....dont like red trucks!!!!!

If they only had a west coast dedicated.....sigh.

headborg 02-02-2008 04:13 AM

Re: Howdy

Quote:

Originally Posted by txdrvr
Also Headborg I was wondering if you could tell us how the running with Company FU loads are helping the drivers at Company X. I saw two more out west and noticed quite a few Company X trucks with Company FU trailers now usually out of the Wilmer yard. It definately has hurt the Company FU drivers a bit and some grumbling has started already.

Well- it was only 1 for me this month. And no, it's only a bandaid to a much larger more painful problem.

The Company X Division doesn't run to Company FU -- right off the bat when they don't have any freight in a area. In my case, the let me set for 24hrs( 8 of which was their normal business hours) before they Begged Company FU for a load.

And from what I've heard, Company Fu only gives out what they don't have Trucks to cover themselves. Sometimes, Company FU gets over booked in certain areas-- and needs Company X to cover some of their freight.

In the near future, there won't be any Company X left---it will all be Company Fu-
we're all one big team. But I understand-- it's a dog eat dog world.
Would Red truck drivers be so upset--- if it was just another Red truck they were "competing" with? Or is it just the Color of the truck?

I've notice many times when I need to relay a Refridgerated Load- to get home-- and there's been plenty of Company FU Drivers in the area-
But you can't get a Company FU driver to pull a reefer-- even to get a fellow driver "home".

And if you noticed,--- I lost 1/2 a day-- at the end of that Company FU load-- switching Equipment back.

headborg 02-02-2008 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumper
On my last trip to Henderson Nevada I had two Blue Company X trucks with Red Company FU trailers go by me South on the I 15.

And this week I received yet another letter from the Company X recruiter wanting me to go there.....

With whom do you currently work?( I think I read somewhere before but have slept since then)?

Henderson, Nv???

You wouldn't by any chance work for Poly-Trucking?

Bumper 02-02-2008 04:44 AM

Im working for Cardinal Logistics here in SoCal. We have a Walmart Account out of Inland Cold Storage in Riverside.

I go out to the Wonder Bakery in Henderson and pick up Croutons.

After their latest contract with Wally World we went through a radical pay change in our loads and I am looking for work elsewhere.