Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Superior Carriers and Carry Transit (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/30827-superior-carriers-carry-transit.html)

nsxman2001 01-16-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich2189
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsxman2001
Quote:

Originally Posted by harleypiper
There is very good rea$on to be happy with $$$uperior. My first week out on my own with just under 2000 miles in 4 days, with sleeper pay, boarder pay, a couple of hrs. delay, and of course home on the weekend. When I was assigned my truck, they even paid me to bobtail it back to the terminal.

Have u gone into canada yet? Good luck on your new job at superior..I met with frank also he is a really good guy I'm also on the list to get in also just waiting on my approval..

good luck!

No im not working for them yet i have to call frank today to set up a meeting with him.How long have you been waiting on the list .I was offered a local class B home heating oil job and im still waiting for the ok from TSA for the hazmat approvel and the guys on here have great things to say about superior so i not should what to do anyway i will let you know what happens when i hear something

Hey Rich

was you that called frank today around 12 noon? I was on the phone when he told me to hold on. he came back and said one of the other drivers was on the other line..I already been approved by NY state for hazmat and Tsa I'm just waiting on the criminal background check which I know is clear..he said driver license check was done and it OK so I'm guessing just a few more days..

Good Luck!

rich2189 01-16-2008 10:27 PM

[quote="nsxman2001"]
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There is very good rea$on to be happy with $$$uperior. My first week out on my own with just under 2000 miles in 4 days, with sleeper pay, boarder pay, a couple of hrs. delay, and of course home on the weekend. When I was assigned my truck, they even paid me to bobtail it back to the terminal.

Have u gone into canada yet? Good luck on your new job at superior..I met with frank also he is a really good guy I'm also on the list to get in also just waiting on my approval..

good luck!

No im not working for them yet i have to call frank today to set up a meeting with him.How long have you been waiting on the list .I was offered a local class B home heating oil job and im still waiting for the ok from TSA for the hazmat approvel and the guys on here have great things to say about superior so i not should what to do anyway i will let you know what happens when i hear something

Hey Rich

was you that called frank today around 12 noon? I was on the phone when he told me to hold on. he came back and said one of the other drivers was on the other line..I already been approved by NY state for hazmat and Tsa I'm just waiting on the criminal background check which I know is clear..he said driver license check was done and it OK so I'm guessing just a few more days..

Yes i spoke with frank today .He told me to call at the end of the week he said he had to wait for the ok i guess from the higher ups weather he is able to hire.He said he might need 4 drivers. I don't even know what the job is offering , other than what i read from the guys on this site.I just got out of school in december so i have to get trained and go through the whole process also still waiting for hazmat check .nsxman you sound like your ready to go hope everything goes well ....keep in touch

nsxman2001 01-17-2008 05:12 AM

Hey Rich

Yes I am ready just waiting on frank. while I was there talking to him in person on jan 3 I was also able to talk to a female driver on the way out she has been there for 5 years and she said pretty much the same things about the company we been reading on this message board. I have to believe that all of it is true she also said quote " I will not leave superior until I die" for me those words are very strong I highly doubt someone that is unhappy would stay stay for 5 years. she also said that every company has there faults but she has been in trucking since 1985 and superior is the best in her opinion..So yes I am really looking forward to working there. I will keep everyone posted

thanks

rich2189 01-17-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Hey Rich

Yes I am ready just waiting on frank. while I was there talking to him in person on jan 3 I was also able to talk to a female driver on the way out she has been there for 5 years and she said pretty much the same things about the company we been reading on this message board. I have to believe that all of it is true she also said quote " I will not leave superior until I die" for me those words are very strong I highly doubt someone that is unhappy would stay stay for 5 years. she also said that every company has there faults but she has been in trucking since 1985 and superior is the best in her opinion..So yes I am really looking forward to working there. I will keep everyone posted

thanks

That sounds great i hope everythings goes well with you , i will keep you posted ......Later !

rich2189 01-17-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Congratulations good luck at superior. i have spoken to the T.M. in rahway n.j. he is going to pass my application onto safety he told me to call him this week to see if i passed through safety if so i have to meet with him i was woundering what to expect when i meet with him i just got out of cdl school and im woundering what kind of equipment they run thanks and be safe

You meet with Frank correct? He's a good dude. Big Giants fan. He's a little wired but a good guy. I have met nothing but good people through out. I too was out of CDL school. As everyone has said, clean shaven, neatly dressed and want a career with the company, not just looking to get into it to see if you like it or not or use it as a stepping stone. As far as equipment, we use Internationals, I was assigned an 03 but it is on the trade list and I will be getting an 08 in May.

I didn't meet with frank yet just spoke with him on the phone he told me to call back at the end of the week .They must be keeping u busy do you know if there buying new internationals or going another route. Sweet your getting a 08, are they staying with 10 speeds stay safe

wsyrob 01-17-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

They must be keeping u busy do you know if there buying new internationals or going another route. Sweet your getting a 08, are they staying with 10 speeds stay safe

Rumor around our shop is that the new trucks will be Volvo's

bigdaddyjollyrob 01-18-2008 01:58 AM

Great Job wsyrob, I should graduate on feb 14 I might get my road test a week earlier. I think I'll call the TM MIKE NEXT WEEK and tryto get an interview and fillout application.

harleypiper 01-18-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

good luck!

I wasn't on a list. I just got lucky and came in at the right time. They wanted 2 more people at the Springfield terminal and I was still in school so was told when I got my Class A with the endorsements, to call them back. When I did which was around Nov. 5th, I was on the road with a trainer the 24 of Nov. and as of last week 03Jan08 I was assigned a truck and sent on my own.

harleypiper 01-18-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Congratulations good luck at superior. i have spoken to the T.M. in rahway n.j. he is going to pass my application onto safety he told me to call him this week to see if i passed through safety if so i have to meet with him i was woundering what to expect when i meet with him i just got out of cdl school and im woundering what kind of equipment they run thanks and be safe

You meet with Frank correct? He's a good dude. Big Giants fan. He's a little wired but a good guy. I have met nothing but good people through out. I too was out of CDL school. As everyone has said, clean shaven, neatly dressed and want a career with the company, not just looking to get into it to see if you like it or not or use it as a stepping stone. As far as equipment, we use Internationals, I was assigned an 03 but it is on the trade list and I will be getting an 08 in May.

I didn't meet with frank yet just spoke with him on the phone he told me to call back at the end of the week .They must be keeping u busy do you know if there buying new internationals or going another route. Sweet your getting a 08, are they staying with 10 speeds stay safe

Yea they are 10 speeds, I belive they are adding GPS with the touch screen qual coms. Thats what I got yesterday anyway.

harleypiper 01-18-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsyrob
Quote:

They must be keeping u busy do you know if there buying new internationals or going another route. Sweet your getting a 08, are they staying with 10 speeds stay safe

Rumor around our shop is that the new trucks will be Volvo's

Nope, Internationals