Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Superior Carriers and Carry Transit (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/30827-superior-carriers-carry-transit.html)

BHG0069 01-10-2009 03:17 AM

Currently laid over in Baltimore at a good hotel for 2 1/2 days gettin paid, then off to Tampa Monday. All by choice not by force :)

Then off to Rio de Janiero Brazil for vacation starting Jan 21-26th. Man life sucks.....:)

kentucky24 01-10-2009 03:59 AM

sky

Does superior get u the TWIC or should I go ahead and register or even need it?

mike3fan 01-10-2009 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentucky24 (Post 433265)
sky

it will be up to you to get it and I'm assuming Superior requires it.

wsyrob 01-10-2009 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentucky24 (Post 433265)
sky

You will need it but they will reimburse you for the cost of it. Might want to wait until you are employed there before getting it. Ask your terminal manager.

kentucky24 01-10-2009 04:13 AM

bh0069

I like the good stuff I here bout this company, wsyrob is the first I talked to bout superior and he told me about this thread glad he did

I think from what I here this could be my shot at a great thing since walmart

What do u know bout nashville or memphis terminals which would u choose

kentucky24 01-10-2009 04:16 AM

thanks rob
On TWIC

kentucky24 01-10-2009 04:18 AM

thanks
Mike

kentucky24 01-10-2009 04:19 AM

thanks
Mike

PonceDeLeon 01-10-2009 02:37 PM

I Quit Superior and ...

came back. It's a good, no hassle, place to work. You can hit the $60K threshold, but you gotta sacrifice a bit of hometime to get there. Running legal is demanded and EASILY accomplished. However, they don't BIG BROTHER you to death. I left Superior and within a month asked if I could get my job back! No plans to leave again.

Superior keeps things interesting, you will get the monotonous runs to and from the usual shippers and consignees. Then they throw you a curveball delivering WAY off the beaten path.

Just hope the economy doesn't wreck us. But on the bright side a lot of the stuff we haul goes into personal care/hygiene products. Recession or depression, I think people will still want to take a shower AND use soap.

New hires generally get some slobby equipment. Nothing a little elbow grease won't clean up. Plus the older equipment has less PC and electronic controls and are not as likely to have the quirky breakdowns that require repeated trips to shop.

It's a good company in an industry that has a tendency to dehumanize it's labor force.

Still gotta get a TWIC. I get a whopping $27.25 discount because I have a couple hundred bucks tied up in my Passport and FAST card. Go figure.

BHG0069 01-10-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentucky24 (Post 433272)
bh0069

I like the good stuff I here bout this company, wsyrob is the first I talked to bout superior and he told me about this thread glad he did

I think from what I here this could be my shot at a great thing since walmart

What do u know bout nashville or memphis terminals which would u choose

I have only been to Memphis twice and never to Nashville, so I can't give you much info on them.