Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Superior Carriers and Carry Transit (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/30827-superior-carriers-carry-transit.html)

Skywalker 04-20-2008 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyanide
Skywalker wrote:
Quote:

Ooooops....double post.
That's what you get for being a smartazz!

Who? Me??? You must be confused..... 8)

I spoke to "World" today....he's having fun....and hopefully soon he will update us on his newest "adventure"..... I know a little about it.....but I'll let him fill in the blanks!! 8)

homer 04-21-2008 12:24 AM

i heard on sirius last week that quality carriers laid of 600 people. they did not say if any were office people.

Cyanide 04-22-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Week 12:
-Valparaiso, IN (hook preloaded tank)
-Valpo, IN to Elizabethtown, PA (driver unload)
-Elizabethtown, PA to Valpo, IN (drop dirty tank, hook preloaded tank)
-----Valpo, IN to Huntsville, AL (customer unload)
-----Huntsville, AL to Valpo, IN (drop dirty tank, hook preloaded tank)
-Valpo, IN to Bristol, VA (customer unload)
-Bristol, VA to Kingsport, TN (drop dirty tank)
Gross: $4,256.04
Hub Miles: 3,006
Avg.: $1.415/mile

Week 13:
-Kingsport, TN (hook preloaded tank)
-Kingsport, TN to Marietta, GA (customer unload)
-Marietta, GA Morrow, GA (drop dirty tank)
-----Morrow, GA to Jax, FL (time off.....yep, drove home all the way from Marietta!)
Gross: $595.71
Miles: 692
Avg.: .86/mile

Week 14
N/A due to time off.

Superior Carriers, (Dedicated Account) Independent Contractor Totals, January 1st to Apr. 06th, 2008:
Gross: $35,786.98
Hub Miles: 28,269 (ALL ODOMETER miles off-duty and on-duty.)
Loaded Miles: 15,576 (55%)
Empty Miles: 12,693 (45%)
Avg.: $1.265/mile
Days Working: 53 (55%)
Days Off: 44 (45%)

Year-to-date costs up to Apr. 06th, 2008
Gross: $35,786.98
Total expenses: $21,588.07 ($6,543.05 Fixed and Variable Costs, $15,045.02 Fuel for 4,500.111 gallons.....6.281 m.p.g. and $3.342/gallon)
Taxable Net: $14,198.91 (Avg. .502/hub mile)
Days Working: 53 (55%)
Days Off: 44 (45%)
Just a quick update about the last week. Did get some work done on my truck that added up a little $$$, but nothing I couldn't handle. Back in the groove for a few weeks, and enjoying things as always! Last week was business as usual with three Huntsville loads. Actually taking it easy this week and gonna take a few more days off (er, slack) later in the week. Have some plans that just can't be broken!!! :lol: :roll: :lol:

Y'all be safe and have fun!!! :wink:

Week 15
-Jacksonville, FL (hook clean tank)
-Jax, FL to Garden City, GA (drop clean tank, hook preloaded tank)
-Garden City, GA to Kingsport, TN (driver unload with customer air, drop dirty tank, hook preloaded tank)
-----Kingsport, TN to Milwaukee, WI (customer unload, driver assist)
-----Milwaukee, WI to Westville, IN (drop dirty tank)
Gross: $3,172.24
Miles: 2,237
Avg.: $1.418/mile

Superior Carriers, (Dedicated Account) Independent Contractor Totals, January 01 to Apr. 13, 2008:
Gross: $38,959.22
Hub Miles: 30,506 (ALL ODOMETER miles off-duty and on-duty.)
Loaded Miles: 17,059 (56%)
Empty Miles: 13,347 (44%)
Avg.: $1.277/mile
Days Working: 58 (56%)
Days Off: 46 (44%)

Year-to-date costs up to Apr. 13, 2008
Gross: $38,959.22
Total expenses: $24,553.57 ($8,150.68 Fixed and Variable Costs, $16,402.89 Fuel for 4,846.111 gallons.....6.294 m.p.g. and $3.384/gallon)
Taxable Net: $14,405.65 (Avg. .472/hub mile)
Days Working: 53 (56%)
Days Off: 46 (44%)

DDCavi 04-25-2008 01:56 AM

Great thread. On a side note, your a big mother effer. Superior looks like a company Id like to get with, too bad im a newbie :cry:

Cyanide 04-25-2008 02:23 PM

DDCavi wrote:
Quote:

Great thread. On a side note, your a big mother effer. Superior looks like a company Id like to get with, too bad i'm a newbie
Thank you! Glad that I could help you out. On the second note, you'll never know if even as a newbie you could get hired on unless you call the terminal manager at the terminal closest to you and ask if you could go ahead and apply or if you must wait until you have experience (Auburn, ME.....800-777-2026). Give them a call, ya never know what may happen. We have several drivers here that contribute to this thread and another in this forum who either had little experience or came right from school and were hired on.

Now if I could just get around to meeting all of ya!!! :lol: :wink:

pd 04-25-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Thank you! Glad that I could help you out. On the second note, you'll never know if even as a newbie you could get hired on unless you call the terminal manager at the terminal closest to you and ask if you could go ahead and apply or if you must wait until you have experience (Auburn, ME.....800-777-2026). Give them a call, ya never know what may happen. We have several drivers here that contribute to this thread and another in this forum who either had little experience or came right from school and were hired on.

Based on reading your many posts and Skywalker's I have been bugging the Morrow terminal to death trying to get a job :lol:
I have just acquired my Class A from a school Superior recommended and I believe there's a reasonable chance that an opening will come up. At least that's what the Terminal Manager suggests. I should know within a week or so. Thanks for all of your posts Cyanide.

Cyanide 04-25-2008 06:25 PM

pd wrote:
Quote:

Based on reading your many posts and Skywalker's I have been bugging the Morrow terminal to death trying to get a job Laughing
I have just acquired my Class A from a school Superior recommended and I believe there's a reasonable chance that an opening will come up. At least that's what the Terminal Manager suggests. I should know within a week or so. Thanks for all of your posts Cyanide.
:wink: You are very welcome. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Speaking of wheels, I better get rolling again.....I'm done in Huntsville and on my way back to Indiana now. Go drop this dirty tank, then get home and take off 'til at least Tuesday morning. :D I have a very important date I simply cannot miss, or Baby Bullseye will have my azz in a sling!!! :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:

BHG0069 04-25-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pd
Quote:

Based on reading your many posts and Skywalker's I have been bugging the Morrow terminal to death trying to get a job :lol:

Congrats on getting your CDL.

pd 04-25-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHG0069

Thanks BHG! Now I need to put it to use. I'll be speaking to Rusty on Monday and hopefully visiting him later in the week. He's trying to find an empty seat for me.

I hope all is still going well for you.

BHG0069 04-26-2008 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pd
Quote:

Originally Posted by BHG0069

Thanks BHG! Now I need to put it to use. I'll be speaking to Rusty on Monday and hopefully visiting him later in the week. He's trying to find an empty seat for me.

I hope all is still going well for you.

Yea things are great here. I got home Wednesday night from an 8 day adventure. Gotta pick-up at 1am Monday for Ohio. 8) After 4 days off cant wait to get back on the road and start makin some $$$$