Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   what are good companies to drive for?? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/23911-what-good-companies-drive.html)

Soladad 01-17-2007 12:26 AM

Roehl Transport out of Marshfield, Wisconsin is also a good starter company for a new driver. If you have questions please PM me. I am not a recruiter but a van driver. Just finished my first year with them so I have come through purgurtory and survived.

Soladad

dieselgrl 01-17-2007 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soladad
Roehl Transport out of Marshfield, Wisconsin is also a good starter company for a new driver. If you have questions please PM me. I am not a recruiter but a van driver. Just finished my first year with them so I have come through purgurtory and survived.

Soladad

Soladad, you're making me feel old since I remember when you were looking for info on Roehl :wink:

I'd second this as well. They are strict on logbooks and safety, but I see that as a definitely positive thing. I also drove for a little bit on the dry van side out of the Atlanta, GA area terminal.

If you want to haul flatbeds, I'd recommend either Roehl out of Marshfield, WI or Arrow Trucking out of Tulsa, OK.

As far as the super sized companies, I started my career with Swift Transportation, and regardless of how many people on here will say they suck, I can tell you from personal experience there are worse companies out there.

Useless 01-17-2007 12:46 AM

What are the good companies to drive for???

To answer your question truthfully, there aren't any.

You would be far better off getting a job as a Small Town Wino, washing widshields with a filthy squeegy on the street corner, or working as a cook at The Waffle House, or operating a "Will Work For Food" franchise.

I sure hope this helps!!
:D

glasman2 01-17-2007 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless
What are the good companies to drive for???

To answer your question truthfully, there aren't any.

You would be far better off getting a job as a Small Town Wino, washing widshields with a filthy squeegy on the street corner, or working as a cook at The Waffle House, or operating a "Will Work For Food" franchise.

I sure hope this helps!!
:D

Sippin the sauce tonight Useless :lol: your post have been pretty spry tonight :P

HeavyChevy 01-17-2007 02:26 AM

although i dont agree with Useless reply to washing windshields is better than trucking..i must agree as i was told "put all trucking companies in a hat,shake em around,and you get the same thing,just a different color truck".and secondly a home job isnt always the grandeur piece of pie,i been local driving now for 6 months,and i see at least a 35-40% pay cut,than when i was running OTR.

Useless 01-17-2007 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavyChevy
although i dont agree with Useless reply to washing windshields is better than trucking..i must agree as i was told "put all trucking companies in a hat,shake em around,and you get the same thing,just a different color truck".

H.C., scrolll up tp the top of the thread, and you'll see my fist reply.
I was just clowning around here!!
:wink:

and secondly a home job isnt always the grandeur piece of pie,i been local driving now for 6 months,and i see at least a 35-40% pay cut,than when i was running OTR.

Sadly, there is all too much truth to what you say here. There are all too many burned out OTR guys ready to come home at just about any price someone will pay them. :sad:

rvrjr7 01-19-2007 12:30 AM

Hey check out WH Transportation out of Wausau Wisconsin