Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   I am think off working for KBR (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/23530-i-am-think-off-working-kbr.html)

Doctor Who 01-03-2007 10:56 PM

You may want to send Yoopr a PM and ask him about driving a tanker in Iraq. I'm quite sure he can advise you on whether or, not it would be wise for you to seek employment with KBR...

glasman2 01-03-2007 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman:

Originally Posted by glasman2:
Mind if I ask how old you are?

33 yrs

Reason I ask is because you stated your not scared of death.
Have you ever FACED death? I have... When I was a prison guard I was stabbed in the heart, and died on the table. I was dead for 4 minutes, before I was brought back. What I felt and saw during that 4 minutes, made me not scared of death any more, BUT.... I would not throw my life away just because I'm not scared. Your to young to toss it all away. Money and a green card is not worth facing death. Live your life and have fun going it. Now if you were a lot older, no family, and was looking for a way out. I say more power to ya. You lived, been there done that and looking for that last thing to do, but not at your age.

Just my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth.

Snowman7 01-03-2007 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Doctor Who:
You may want to send Yoopr a PM and ask him about driving a tanker in Iraq. I'm quite sure he can advise you on whether or, not it would be wise for you to seek employment with KBR...

The term "wise" may not be applicable here. If he wants to do it , more power to him.

Flying Scotsman 01-04-2007 12:08 AM

Reason I ask is because you stated your not scared of death.
Have you ever FACED death? I have... When I was a prison guard I was stabbed in the heart, and died on the table. I was dead for 4 minutes, before I was brought back. What I felt and saw during that 4 minutes, made me not scared of death any more, BUT.... I would not throw my life away just because I'm not scared. Your to young to toss it all away. Money and a green card is not worth facing death. Live your life and have fun going it. Now if you were a lot older, no family, and was looking for a way out. I say more power to ya. You lived, been there done that and looking for that last thing to do, but not at your age.

Just my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth.[/quote]
Thnx and the answer too ure Q: is yes I have stop breathing after real bad car smash when I was 17 and again when someone put a gun too my head in London I put my fore head agians the gun and told him to pull the triger he didnt and put the gun away spoke too my wife and she sees what the draw is for me but dont ask me why I just have a gut feeling that I will come back and plus be in 1 piece wife has same feeling if I said I was walk to the north pole or the south pole would u be saying that Iam making a mistake I have allways trusted my gut when it comes too doing things because it has never let me down............................

Flying Scotsman 01-04-2007 12:12 AM

[quote="Snowman7"]

Originally Posted by Doctor Who:

The term "wise" may not be applicable here.

Facetiousness Dose not become you sir

glasman2 01-04-2007 12:56 AM

Sounds like you and your wife decided it was a go.... Good Luck and hope you come back with all fingers and toes.

Flying Scotsman 01-04-2007 01:09 AM

thnx yes sort off would love too chat to someone that has been too find out what its realy like as media has habit off sexing things up to make it a better story if you know what I mean..................

yoopr 01-04-2007 02:16 AM

I was a Tanker driver in Iraq and you have no clue.

as media has habit off sexing things up to make it a better story if you know what I mean..................

No I don't-Tell me

And Don't be smart with Doc.

mikey4069 01-04-2007 02:25 AM

Let him go to Iraq he will back in 2 weeks .

OverTheRoad 01-04-2007 03:16 AM

Yoopr, would you go to Iraq right now and drive?
Just wondering.....