Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Swift will hire anyone that can fog a mirror... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/21188-swift-will-hire-anyone-can-fog-mirror.html)

T * Storm 10-08-2006 02:38 AM

Swift will hire anyone that can fog a mirror...

Bull Sh*t !! On day one of school over half of our class washed out the first day with reasons ranging from traffic infractions within the last 5 years, to high blood pressure, including people that stated that they smoked weed in the last three years. They also put you thorough a training schedule that is NOT for the faint of heart. You are up a 5:30 am - in the van by 6:30 am and get done with school at 5 pm , with homework assigned for the night - About an hour or 2 worth, first four days. 6 hour day on Saturday starting at 5:30 am. (I am the 1st week in on a 3 week intensive at the Truck Driving Academy in Sacramento.)

Swift don't care as long as you get through training. I got a room mate from the roll over from the class that started the week before me. Reason? The instructor didn't think he was ready yet. Did he take the practical and Skills test yet? No. Reason? The instructor didn't think he was ready yet - what my room mate told me. Why? He had the parallel and dock backing down and the last day before the test he ran the maneuvers one last time and blew the parallel parking bit and his instructor put him over for an additional week to perfect his skill to the level of confidence.

5 other students were rolled over for an additional week to make sure they had the material down pat. Cost for the additional week including hotel room? ZERO.

So, to all you nay sayers concerning Swift and their supposed
Quote:

hire em if they breath
mentality? Sorry, but you are totally mistaken. The Schools care and so Does Swift!!! The Swift employee is the one that chopped more than half the class before we even got started. Chad may have seemed like an arrogant ass, but I can definitely see the psychology behind his act. Swift only wants the best of the best driving for Swift. Trust me, Swift could fill all those empty tractors if they accepted the unfit, in a heart beat, but Swift really cares about who they hire. (I am one of them - so far)

AND A HUGE SHOUT OUT TO PHIL WARD!!! GREAT TEACHER AND VERY THOROUGH. HIS WELL TIMED ANECDOTES HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD WHEN HES TRYING TO MAKE A POINT. - So much in fact that on some of the written exam questions, taken at the CA Dept of Motor Vehicles, I could almost hear his voice and the anecdotes he used to make sure the information stuck. 8)

Kudos to My recruiter Robbie and the VP of operations Diana for not white washing the truth to trick the students. (Is TDA perfect? No. They're human and have room for improvement, but what company doesn't? My only complaint is that they could make sure the shuttle is a bit more consistent in their pick up time. 6:20 breakfast at the hotel is ready, pick up can be any where from 6:30 to 6:45 - not enough time to eat breakfast if your still groggy.)

shyykatt 10-08-2006 03:02 AM

My husband went to their school down in Tenn.; He would call me just about every night and tell me how tough they were on who passed and who didn't-which is definatly a good thing, but yes, every school/ company is different; I think it just has a lot to do w/each persons' individual experience( and their attitude as well); so if you are happy, then thats all you need to know.

Big John 10-08-2006 03:02 AM

Quote:

Bull Sh*t !! On day one of school over half of our class washed out the first day with reasons ranging from traffic infractions within the last 5 years, to high blood pressure, including people that stated that they smoked weed in the last three years.
They must have been real bad for SWIFTY to let them go.
Enjoy watching the revolving door. It goes round and round and round it goes.

Quote:

They also put you thorough a training schedule that is NOT for the faint of heart. You are up a 5:30 am - in the van by 6:30 am and get done with school at 5 pm , with homework assigned for the night - About an hour or 2 worth, first four days. 6 hour day on Saturday starting at 5:30 am. (I am the 1st week in on a 3 week intensive at the Truck Driving Academy in Sacramento.)
They want to get you in that truck faster and make them so money.

Quote:

My only complaint is that they could make sure the shuttle is a bit more consistent in their pick up time. 6:20 breakfast at the hotel is ready, pick up can be any where from 6:30 to 6:45 - not enough time to eat breakfast if your still groggy.)
The Short Bus? :lol:

T * Storm 10-08-2006 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big John

The Short Bus? :lol:

nope; Pup trailer (23') 8)

T * Storm 10-08-2006 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyykatt
...so if you are happy, then thats all you need to know.

I think I picked a good starting point. Am I happy? Yes, but not blissfully ignorant.

Uturn2001 10-08-2006 03:22 AM

The problem is not in the schooling, it is in the OTJ training afterwards.

How much training can you get from someone with possibly 6 months experience or from some LP who just wants to turn and burn miles.

T * Storm 10-08-2006 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uturn2001

How much training can you get from someone with possibly 6 months experience or from some LP who just wants to turn and burn miles.

Round and round... it's not 6 months it's a year, from the date of your last preventable, etc, etc, etc.

Also, in terms of turn and burn, best way to learn is by doing. Quickest way to learn is to burn the miles - its also the quickest way to see who's cut out to be an OTR driver and who's not.

Volvofreak 10-08-2006 03:41 AM

I beleive SWIFT is one of the best newbie companies. When I was there a few years ago, I got discouraged hearing all the negative Swift jokes here and out on the road and I started to believe them. I thought, well mabey ill go with one of the other copmpanies and the grass will be greener.

BIG MISTAKE.

I went with Covenant, and man I lived at truckstops 99% of the time and they cared less about getting me home. I don't mind being out for 3 to 4 weeks or so but when your looking at 5 to 6 weeks, it starts to get you down.

At Swift, you will be on a one on one face to face relationship with your dispatcher/driver manager and it makes a big difference. I got home every week when I was there. The only negative I found with Swift is that newbies get old (OLD) trucks for the first 6 months and break downs can cost them some serious miles. Just stick it out for 4 to 6 months and you will be in a nice new Volvo condo tractor.

Many folks that bad talk Swift have never driven for them and are mearly relaying stories and Swift jokes they heard at truck stop diners. Most if not all newb companies will allow trainers with less than a year experience train drivers, swift is not any different.

I would work for Swift again in a heartbeat!

T * Storm 10-08-2006 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volvofreak

Many folks that bad talk Swift have never driven for them and are mearly relaying stories and Swift jokes they heard at truck stop diners. Most if not all newb companies will allow trainers with less than a year experience train drivers, swift is not any different.

I would work for Swift again in a heartbeat!

I appreciate your encouragement, how ever I must correct you about the less than 1 year trainer statement:

Direct Quote from their own website and what I've been told by recuriters at Swift and at the school I'm at. Granted, Swift could be lying, but then again, why would they? If theyre strict about who they hire to drive, I would imagine they are just as strict with whom they allow to be a trainer.

Quote:

from website:At Swift, the position of driver mentor is only open to those drivers who are the best of the best. Prospective mentors must complete an extensive mentor certification program. They must also be patient and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.

Volvofreak 10-08-2006 03:53 AM

I can tell you straight up that Swift will make you a trainer/mentor after 6 mos. if you complete the course. What are you trying to correct me on?

Uturn2001 10-08-2006 04:10 AM

Quote:

I can tell you straight up that Swift will make you a trainer/mentor after 6 mos. if you complete the course. What are you trying to correct me on?

It was that way when I was with Swift. 6 months, regardless of previous experience, with no accidents and only minor log issues and you could become a trainer.

In fact it was a major recruiting pitch when Swift came to the school I attended. The recruiter talked about how much more money we could make by "passing on what we learned".

T * Storm 10-08-2006 04:19 AM

Quote:

I appreciate your encouragement, how ever I must correct you about the less than 1 year trainer statement:

Just showing you whats on Swifts new website - Maybe they do allow you to be a trainer after 6 months but this is what their website states.

Longsnowsm 10-08-2006 04:33 AM

I second what the others have said... The bad reputation revolves around the fire hose pace of the training, nasty run down training facilities and hotel(depends on location), and then the finisher training you are suppose to get with your trainer.

There are too many horror stories about lousy trainers running as teams and then letting new drivers take the fall when there is an accident or fender bender. Just watch your P&Q's and you will be fine. Just remember the goal is to get through the finisher training without problems so you are in your own truck.

The real issue revolves around how big Swift is and the presence they have on the road. One bone head driver and everyone assumes all Swift drivers are the same. It isn't fair and it is just a stigma that Swift drivers have to live with. Sounds like your getting alone well in training. BOL

Longsnowsm

PhuzzyGnu 10-08-2006 04:42 AM

Re: Swift will hire anyone that can fog a mirror...

Quote:

Originally Posted by T * Storm
They also put you thorough a training schedule that is NOT for the faint of heart. You are up a 5:30 am - in the van by 6:30 am and get done with school at 5 pm , with homework assigned for the night - About an hour or 2 worth, first four days. 6 hour day on Saturday starting at 5:30 am.

That would be a short day for me, and many drivers out there. Only 11.5 hours plus an hour or two of homework? You still have at least a half hour before you need to take your 10 break!

I need you to write on the chalkboard there "Work 100 hours, log 70, and get paid for forty" 100 times.

-p.

T * Storm 10-08-2006 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhuzzyGnu
I need you to write on the chalkboard there "Work 100 hours, log 70, and get paid for forty" 100 times.

-p.

CHALK BOARD

"Work 100 hours, log 70, and get paid for forty"

See - I'll make a great Swift Company Driver - I do what I'm told with a smile on my face. 8) - or is that a smirk?

Skywalker 10-09-2006 12:58 AM

Quote:

Also, in terms of turn and burn, best way to learn is by doing. Quickest way to learn is to burn the miles - its also the quickest way to see who's cut out to be an OTR driver and who's not.

No sir, its not the best way to learn. The only correct way to train a new driver is for the trainer or as in my case the title is "Finisher"... to be in the jump seat at all times when the student is driving, and the trainer is logged on line 4 during those times. At no time during a students training cycle do I or one of my peers go into the sleeper berth while a student is driving.

All the mega companies are doing with that "turn and burn" as you call it, is use you for "cheap labor"....and give you some fairly "half-assed" mediocre training. Don't kid yourself about your trainin... I've been there and done it, and frankly...its a truly "half-assed" way to train a new driver.

And frankly....some of the trainers/mentors for the mega carriers are "truly half assed" as well.... If you had any idea how many times I have held "mini-seminars" for drivers from other companies because the new driver had not been taught by his or her "trainer" how to axle out a trailer, or what kingpin length they needed to be at for this state or whatever....

So before you slick your hair back and put on your "rose colored glasses", you might want to sit back and watch alittle while...and you'll see what we mean....

10-09-2006 02:58 AM

Quote:

Swift only wants the best of the best driving for Swift.

Yeah, uh huh, sure. If they wanted the best, then it would follow that they'd pay the best wages and have the best hometime. But that sure ain't the case.

Low cpm, HHG miles, training trucks dispatched as teams...no thanks!

shaley06 10-10-2006 04:11 PM

Swift

I just got mine all done at Swift and I can tell you it was hell week. e busted our hind end every day and night it was tough. They let nothing easy go by. We was studying for our next test before we finished the one we was taking. I'm a certified Engineer and have never been in a class as tough as they was.

druid2874 10-10-2006 11:28 PM

Re: Swift

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaley06
I just got mine all done at Swift and I can tell you it was hell week. e busted our hind end every day and night it was tough. They let nothing easy go by. We was studying for our next test before we finished the one we was taking. I'm a certified Engineer and have never been in a class as tough as they was.

Ok don?t get me wrong I work for Swift and I like them. The school is not that hard. I mean please, you are just studying for a DMV TEST. The only really hard part was trying to stay awake when watching the videos. All you had to do was pay attention in class and study the DMV book and well that was it pretty much it. Now the driving part of class is different. Its not hard just well some folks pick up driving a tractor and trailer, and shifting faster then others.

Also ColdFrostyMug

The CPM is about same with the other companies. Yes I know there are other companies that pay more but average about same. As far as trainers being dispatched as team trucks that is changing, The new CEO is starting to turn this company around. But like any thing it takes a little time. But the HHG miles can suck not going to argue over that one. Home time I have no problem getting home none I go out for 3 to 4 weeks and stay home 3 to 5 days granted sometimes I might be a day before or a day after I wanted to be home , but well stuff happens sometimes

shaley06 10-11-2006 02:51 PM

Re: Swift

Quote:

Originally Posted by druid2874
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaley06

Ok don?t get me wrong I work for Swift and I like them. The school is not that hard. I mean please, you are just studying for a DMV TEST. The only really hard part was trying to stay awake when watching the videos. All you had to do was pay attention in class and study the DMV book and well that was it pretty much it. Now the driving part of class is different. Its not hard just well some folks pick up driving a tractor and trailer, and shifting faster then others.

Also ColdFrostyMug

The CPM is about same with the other companies. Yes I know there are other companies that pay more but average about same. As far as trainers being dispatched as team trucks that is changing, The new CEO is starting to turn this company around. But like any thing it takes a little time. But the HHG miles can suck not going to argue over that one. Home time I have no problem getting home none I go out for 3 to 4 weeks and stay home 3 to 5 days granted sometimes I might be a day before or a day after I wanted to be home , but well stuff happens sometimes

Your exactly right staying awake was rough with 4 people in a room and no sleep. But we didn't get a book to study we got a book some lady wrote they ran out of DMV books. So the one we recieved had nothing about air breaks or hazmat. I passed because I had done my permit in Ohio before going but of course it was no good there.

dirtclod 10-11-2006 09:33 PM

Hey shaley06

Just curious where did you attend Swift school at?

feederfred 10-11-2006 10:05 PM

Cold Frosty Mug....(I agree)

As far as the CPM. No, not really.... Crap wages, poor healthcare, you get what you deserve.....Swift can only under-cut other companies because of it's constant stream of willing, warm bodies. Still has the highest accident rate of any company out there.

druid2874 10-12-2006 07:22 PM

WEST SIDE TRANSPORT
2 years Experience: $.42

Arnold Transportation Services
2 years exp. --$.35 cpm

Averitt Express
2 years Experience: 37 cpm

Big G Express
2 years Experience: 33 cpm

Celadon Trucking
2 years Experience: .33

Coastal Transport
2 years Experience: .37/.37

Crete Carrier Corporation
2 years Experience: .41

I can keep going but you get the point. These came off the classadrivers company list.
I picked 2 years because that?s what I have. Well not really I have 22 years experience but 20 years is with the US Army. I was an 88M I have over 1.2 million miles but no one wanted to count military experience. Which was a shame I drove a Het 20ton truck 25 ton low boy trailer hauling a 62 ton tank in Germany is not fun lol Swift is 36 cpm by they way so yes about same as others. Now looking at your avatar you drive for UPS which unlike most trucking companies is union. So yes to you these are all crap wages. Hell if all the 1.5 million drivers where union we would not have this debate, but we are not. Oh by the way I get better heath care then you and i dont pay for it . Of course it not with swift. oh yes been trying to find accident rate website for trucking companies so I can see how bad we are.

Thanks druid2874

DesertRat 10-12-2006 08:40 PM

Try this druid

http://www.safersys.org/CompanySnapshot.aspx

shaley06 10-13-2006 12:07 PM

Swift

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtclod
Hey shaley06

Just curious where did you attend Swift school at?

I was in Millington TN. But no mentors as of yet so I'm going down to Indiana for transport america and just pay Swift. Can't wait forever I need to go to work. Really sucks no mentor's. And I woulda taken any one LOL.

dirtclod 10-13-2006 05:49 PM

Shaley06.....I attended Swift at KC..still waiting for mentor (1week today)

Yes it does stink.....I know what you mean about needing to get to work...am in the same boat.....just about ready to start applying elsewhere...I am going to give them a few more days....then I am going to barrow the money to pay them off and get moving. Didn't get any copies of documents...wish I would have! I feel like a mushroom...in the dark and fed full of sh#@. :lol:

shaley06 10-13-2006 06:14 PM

There are some companys that will pick up the school bill. I know the transport america will pay up 5000 on schooling so I went with them for that purpose. I'm a lady and I need to get started now and get my time in. I'd like to get road miles in before it gets bad weather and work my way into it. I'm sure I'll do fine I drive all the time but not 80,000 pounds of truck.

dirtclod 10-13-2006 06:18 PM

Good luck shaley........hope everything goes well for you!!!!!

Thanks for your input

BIG JEEP on 44's 10-13-2006 06:40 PM

Quote:

WEST SIDE TRANSPORT
2 years Experience: $.42

Arnold Transportation Services
2 years exp. --$.35 cpm

Averitt Express
2 years Experience: 37 cpm

Big G Express
2 years Experience: 33 cpm

Celadon Trucking
2 years Experience: .33

Coastal Transport
2 years Experience: .37/.37

Crete Carrier Corporation
2 years Experience: .41

I can keep going but you get the point. These came off the classadrivers company list.
I picked 2 years because that?s what I have. Well not really I have 22 years experience but 20 years is with the US Army. I was an 88M I have over 1.2 million miles but no one wanted to count military experience. Which was a shame I drove a Het 20ton truck 25 ton low boy trailer hauling a 62 ton tank in Germany is not fun lol Swift is 36 cpm by they way so yes about same as others. Now looking at your avatar you drive for UPS which unlike most trucking companies is union. So yes to you these are all crap wages. Hell if all the 1.5 million drivers where union we would not have this debate, but we are not. Oh by the way I get better heath care then you and i dont pay for it . Of course it not with swift. oh yes been trying to find accident rate website for trucking companies so I can see how bad we are.

Thanks druid2874

Hey ,........Crete pays .41Cpm with 1 yr experience as of last month....I know because I got the offer letter in hand....I would be heading to Cheyenne this week for orientation ,but I'm going to go local instead ....

ken_o 10-13-2006 06:58 PM

druid if your going to put that 2yr cpm up their include heartland, jb hunt,werner, schneider and roehl lets c all the large carriers rates
dont tease everyone with only a few
check out the safestat website for your carriers score.
http://ai.volpe.dot.gov/SafeStat/dis...feStatMain.asp

Skywalker 10-14-2006 12:33 AM

CFI is also going to be 35 cpm at one year, 36 cpm shortly after then 37 probably by the end of the 2d year.

The single biggest thing about CFI and Crete (and a few others) is that they pay "Practical Miles", not HHG Short miles. Practical miles pay will net you 7% to 15% MORE pay than HHG short miles.

So, when dealing with a company that pays HHG short miles....you have to multiply the "paid miles" times as much as 115% to arrive at the actual mileage that you will be driving for the lesser mileage pay.

So..you have to be careful not to compare apples to lemons....

10-14-2006 01:29 AM

Quote:

Swift is 36 cpm by they way so yes about same as others.

To say that Swift is in the ballbark with the other guys at .36 cpm is meaningless because none of those wages are very good for a 2-year driver. That's why those companies are constantly adverstising.

Quote:

Oh by the way I get better heath care then you and i dont pay for it.
He doesn't pay for his either. VA health care better, you say? I have both and (sad to say) prefer my private insurance.

ronjon619 10-14-2006 03:23 AM

Re: Cold Frosty Mug....(I agree)

Quote:

Originally Posted by feederfred
Swift can only under-cut other companies because of it's constant stream of willing, warm bodies.

Under-cut is right. I just talked to a fleet-car driver yesterday. Fleet-car took over the Range Rover account out of Oxnard, CA from Swift after they threw in the towel. He could not belive the bid Swift won for moving those cars. He said it was almost half of what he gets paid to move other cars. Oh well. Keep driving down the rate.

Toothpick 10-14-2006 10:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Round and round... it's not 6 months it's a year, from the date of your last preventable, etc, etc, etc.
Not only that, but service failures also, and even with those requirements you?ll have very few people that will elect to become mentors and out of the ones who do elect to try their hands at it, the vast majority of them will bug out after only just one or two trainees, leaving the vast majority of the mentors remaining in the mentor program not only with more than the very laughable and mythical 6 months of driving experience, which is absolutely absurd when you think about it, but actually with years of experience not only being a driver but being a mentor as well. You see?being a mentor isn?t for every one and especially the faint of heart and is a lot more difficult of a job than it seems.

I don?t know where this 6-month myth originates, but it seems to be highly prevalent on the Internet and institutionalized by people who never worked a single day in their life for Swift but nonetheless when it comes to the company or their infamous training program are so-called experts. This site is filled with these so-called experts!

Also?everyone who bugs out of the Swift training programs left only because they were being trained by another Swift driver with only 6-months driving experience who still needed training himself, not because the trainee himself was incompetent, incapable, or decided the job wasn?t for him, because we all know that all student trainees by and large learn to drive the big rigs over the open road very easily and always have very wonderful attitudes.

Moreover, we all know that unlike other major companies, Swift doesn?t like to make as great a profit as possible in order to make its stockholders happy. Instead, it likes to squander its profits away by only hiring horrible mentors with only 6 months driving experience and then burning as many potential drivers as possible. You see Swift?s mission is not to train people to become safe and competent drivers but instead to ward off as many potential drivers as possible or so it would seem!

Toothpick 10-14-2006 11:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

It was that way when I was with Swift. 6 months, regardless of previous experience, with no accidents and only minor log issues and you could become a trainer.

In fact it was a major recruiting pitch when Swift came to the school I attended. The recruiter talked about how much more money we could make by "passing on what we learned".

Care to elaborate how many years ago that was? It may have been their naive policy when they first became a training company, but years of experience and many growing pains later along with millions of dollars wasted have led them into being forced to change their ways.

Toothpick 10-14-2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
I second what the others have said... The bad reputation revolves around the fire hose pace of the training, nasty run down training facilities and hotel(depends on location), and then the finisher training you are suppose to get with your trainer.

There are too many horror stories about lousy trainers running as teams and then letting new drivers take the fall when there is an accident or fender bender. Just watch your P&Q's and you will be fine. Just remember the goal is to get through the finisher training without problems so you are in your own truck.

The real issue revolves around how big Swift is and the presence they have on the road. One bone head driver and everyone assumes all Swift drivers are the same. It isn't fair and it is just a stigma that Swift drivers have to live with. Sounds like your getting alone well in training. BOL

Longsnowsm

Uhm...how long did you work for Swift? You seem to be such an expert!

Toothpick 10-14-2006 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertRat

Carrier Safety Rating:

The rating below is current as of: 10/11/2006

Review Information:

Review Information
Rating date: 06/19/2006 Review Date: 05/24/2006
Rating: Satisfactory Type: Compliance Review

Damn...Swift's safety rating is "satisfactory" which is the highest rating issued by the FMSCSA. With all the demonization that Swift receives by people who never worked for them or people who once worked for them but years ago, you?d think they would have the lowest safety rating.

Toothpick 10-14-2006 11:49 AM

And for those of you who might think I work for Swift, I don?t. I once did but have since left them because I found something more lucrative and out of the ordinary, but I got lucky. If I ever do lose my current gig, however, I wouldn?t hesitate to go back.

When I was with Swift I talked to numerous drivers all the time that worked for these companies who paid more per mile or paid practical miles. The vast majority of them said they still made more money driving for with Swift go figure. Not only that, but they all claimed that Swift was a much easier, less strict, and less rigid company to work for.

Toothpick 10-14-2006 11:55 AM

Re: Cold Frosty Mug....(I agree)

Quote:

Originally Posted by feederfred
As far as the CPM. No, not really.... Crap wages, poor healthcare, you get what you deserve.....Swift can only under-cut other companies because of it's constant stream of willing, warm bodies. Still has the highest accident rate of any company out there.

This guy absorbs hearsay and innuendo like it's manna from heaven or something. Geesh...I really respect your opinion!

Does never believe what you hear and only half of what you see have any meaning to you?

Damn...we have the blind leading the blind here!

10-14-2006 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toothpick
When I was with Swift I talked to numerous drivers all the time that worked for these companies who paid more per mile or paid practical miles. The vast majority of them said they still made more money driving for with Swift go figure.

Hahaha...they only make more money because they're working/driving more. Typical truckdriver logic. :roll:

Crete 1-year driver: $1,000 gross = 2,524 miles per week X .41 cpm (adjusted 3.5% for practical miles)
Swift 1-year driver: $1,000 gross = 3,026 miles per week X .36 cpm (adjusted 9% for HHG miles)

The Swift driver would have to drive 502 more miles per week to equal what the Crete driver makes. If you think that's a good deal, then have at it. Has Swift stopped dispatching training trucks as teams? Nope, didn't think so. :D