Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Schneider gave me the boot (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/21014-schneider-gave-me-boot.html)

Wile E. Mile 10-02-2006 04:17 AM

Schneider gave me the boot

(Similar post on Pumpkindriver.)

I was asked to leave the Schneider Training Academy last Friday because my truck instructor was worried about losing her bonus. We made small talk in the cab before going back to the barn. At one point, the idea that I would return to school at some point came up. Fifteen minutes later, I was greeted by the director of the training facility, who told me to check out of the hotel. The director said his decision was based on my safety record (two unsafe lane changes and running a red light [the truck instructor never mentioned anything about the latter during our time behind the wheel, by the way...]), an anxiety attack (we had to stop at one point because I got nervous), and the possibility of me leaving before 12 months (this is based on the conversation mentioned earlier).

In any case, I'm not sure why they showed me the door. The instructor had been saying I was on track for someone who was brand new to driving--aren't the safety issues part of the learning process? Second, I never intended to separate from SNI before driving with them for at least 12 months. I'm going to speak with the director tomorrow (Monday) and try to get the situation resolved..

rcso 10-02-2006 04:35 AM

You didn't post 'all of this' on PD, but reading this now I can understand more of what happened and wish you good luck on your future endeavors. I hope you won't have to pay to much money back to them.

ohiomohawk 10-02-2006 10:29 PM

The Schneider Training Academy always gets such high praise but I think few know how many people they screw over, especially in Green Bay. It used to be 30 students per 2 week class, when I was up there it was 80 students per class. Now it is over 100 students per class. Of the 14 days you are up there you only drive 8 days(3 students per truck). I had a little over 20 hrs of driving time and they kept me till the last day then told me i was not graduating and stuck me with a $3,000 bill.

They are getting rich by screwing people like that, a lot of people in my class left thier jobs to go to Schneider and get trained....just to get screwed by them.

It is a matter of time till the all mighty Schneider Traning Academy starts to get a bad rep.

Some the driving instructors themselves even admitted that there is not enough time to safely train the students but the class sizes have grown since August to over 100+ students every 7 days. They also shortened the training to 2 weeks instead of 3weeks.

duck 10-02-2006 11:27 PM

When was it 3 weeks? When I went thru in 99 it was 2 weeks.

Then again you have to realize some people simply can not drive a truck and they shouldn't be run thru just to satisfy the numbers.

littleman2 10-03-2006 06:03 PM

you think?
Quote:

The director said his decision was based on my safety record (two unsafe lane changes and running a red light

DesertRat 10-03-2006 06:25 PM

Not to be rude here, but I have to ask myself: Do I really want the guy driving next to me having an anxiety attack while operating an 80,000 pound vehicle? And I have to answer no.

fireman932003 10-04-2006 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertRat
Not to be rude here, but I have to ask myself: Do I really want the guy driving next to me having an anxiety attack while operating an 80,000 pound vehicle? And I have to answer no.

I second that!!

hitman 10-05-2006 01:33 PM

Re: Schneider gave me the boot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wile E. Mile
(two unsafe lane changes and running a red light), an anxiety attack (we had to stop at one point because I got nervous), and the possibility of me leaving before 12 months. In any case, I'm not sure why they showed me the door.

Just reread your post.

Skullitor 10-05-2006 05:25 PM

WILE; Maybe your too nervious to be in the "ORANGE ARMY" Try U.S.X.
Autoshifts will be taking over with in a few years.I saw your post at PD.Com as I am a moderator.
Skull :x

Cluggy619 10-07-2006 08:45 AM

Re: Schneider gave me the boot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wile E. Mile
(Similar post on Pumpkindriver.)

The director said his decision was based on my safety record (two unsafe lane changes and running a red light [the truck instructor never mentioned anything about the latter during our time behind the wheel, by the way...]), an anxiety attack (we had to stop at one point because I got nervous), and the possibility of me leaving before 12 months (this is based on the conversation mentioned earlier).

I, myself, am not a big fan of Schneider. That being said, I would NOT want to have you driving my rig either. You should think about starting smaller, like a class B rig, then work your way up.