Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   May Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/18912-may-trucking.html)

Goin Fer It 07-26-2006 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless
The reason that you have not read anything on May Trucking is because it is now the latter part of July!! :D

We could not find any July or August trucking companies so we wnt with May!
:wink:

Goin Fer It's Wife

BigAtrukn 07-26-2006 02:50 AM

I like your post, im gona call my recruiter tomorrow to schedule for monday. I too have my hazmat permit but need the fingerprints done. Im going into the 11 western also to stay closer to home, plus i see more of there dry vans down here than thier refer units. I dot know what terminal ill be out of, but i know they have a drop yard 25 min. away at the England terminal over here in Mira Loma, CA or riveside. Hope all goes well with your husband, keep up the posts.

Goin Fer It 07-26-2006 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAtrukn
I like your post, im gona call my recruiter tomorrow to schedule for monday. I too have my hazmat permit but need the fingerprints done. Im going into the 11 western also to stay closer to home, plus i see more of there dry vans down here than thier refer units. I dot know what terminal ill be out of, but i know they have a drop yard 25 min. away at the England terminal over here in Mira Loma, CA or riveside. Hope all goes well with your husband, keep up the posts.

I wish you luck! Let me know how it goes. They did tell my husband that they like their drivers to run 2 to 3 weeks out but we are hoping that staying in the 11 western states he may come through this way more often. If you stay in the 11 western dry van you will not need the hazmat.

Take Care,
Goin Fer It's Wife

Colin 07-26-2006 07:11 AM

Cool.

Lets keep the updates going. I really liked working for May. Even though I was in the reefer division and have no idea how the dry side was run (reefer dispatch fro west coast drivers is in Payette, ID; all dry is run from Brooks), I can still give general advice.

sinclac 07-26-2006 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinclac
Good info Thanks, i go for orientation on 8-13 keep us posted.

Thank you for letting me know that someone is reading my updates on my husbands progress with the company. I will continue them! And best wishes to you on 8th! What office are you going out of? :)

Goin Fer It's Wife

I live in Sacramento so i will be out of Salem OR.

Goin Fer It 07-27-2006 07:50 AM

Day 3 Orientation:
Today they went over the Com Data Card and payroll stuff. They completed the manual on company policy and filled out paper work for health insurance that will not begin until 90 days.

For lunch they were taken to a Mongolian Barbecue place with great food. My husband loved it.

He was asked what type of truck he would prefer if it was available a Volvo, Classliner or Peterbilt. He said he would prefer a Peterbilt. He liked the way the dash is set up.

He was scheduled to go out tomorrow sometime with a trainer. The other guy from school was scheduled to go out tonight but his employment was not verified so my husband is going with trainer that came in tonight.

He was so excited, he went back to the hotel and checked out and waited for a couple hours in the drivers lounge at the yard. Then the trainer finally came in. But they will not leave until tomorrow morning around 7:30 in the morning. They have a load to pick up in Salem Oregon. The trainer he got is from the refer division but my husband will still be put on the dry van division running the 11 western states once his training is done.

We look at this as good experience to learn refers and to see a part of the country that he will not see on the 11 western as his first load he will be going to Ohio.

He will be doing all the driving when he is with the trainer as they do not train doing team driving.

He was a little bored as he forgot to take a deck of cards or something to occupy his time when sitting around.

Tonight he will sleep in the yard in the truck with the trainer. It is a brand new Peterbilt.

Until tomarrow!
Goin Fer It's Wife

Goin Fer It 07-27-2006 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin
Cool.

Lets keep the updates going. I really liked working for May. Even though I was in the reefer division and have no idea how the dry side was run (reefer dispatch fro west coast drivers is in Payette, ID; all dry is run from Brooks), I can still give general advice.

He will be training in the reefer division. We think that should be good experience.

Thanks for reading!

Goin Fer It's Wife

Colin 07-27-2006 08:04 AM

Cool. Keep us posted.

Goin Fer It 07-27-2006 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin
Cool. Keep us posted.

Glady :) As the daily reports come in.

Goin Fer It's Wife

Goin Fer It 07-27-2006 04:44 PM

At the Salem pickup waiting to be loaded. This first trip is to Zanesville, Oh from Salem Oregon.
Approximately: 2500 miles the load is due on the 1st of August. My husband is not certain if they can deliver early or not.

Goin Fer It's Wife