Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   US Xpress (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/11422-us-xpress.html)

SlowMotion 12-19-2005 02:35 PM

I got an 03 Volvo and go through that issue all the time, usually hauling Clorox or charcoal though. In the last 3 months I've only had 1 week where I've gotten over 2200 miles, and I had to go run around Canada just to get that. USX is really hurting its drivers with the rail, anything that can go on the rail does no matter what. They won't even take rail stops out of a load to get you home.

Rokk 12-21-2005 04:03 AM

sound likes the same old usx to me, i found it was better to walk out, before getting starved out.

shahan 12-23-2005 05:00 PM

Couldnt you just drop the trailer at the shippers then bobtail out? bob tail all the way to your house. the most they could take from you is a weeks pay, but they wouldnt because you would quit. I think companies treat drivers this way because the drivers let them. Why would they pay more when your willing to work for less

Skullitor 12-24-2005 04:29 AM

:shock: Whats this .25 CPM stuff? :moose:

yoopr 12-24-2005 04:44 AM

I've been to Hurricane, WV but I forgot Why :D

willyworm 12-24-2005 04:46 AM

First to answer Skullitor question about the .25 cent a mile stuff

With USX's sliding pay scale if the load totals over 900 miles, the drivers are paid at a low rate per mile. (That all miles the load moves, not just what you pull it)

If it happens again, believe me when I say that I will drop the load!

(It was a load of Charcoal)

freebird 12-24-2005 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
I've been to Hurricane, WV but I forgot Why :D

The real nice T/A they have?
The Super K that is easy access, thru the LARGE HOLE in the back fence?
Or maybe the coops just down the highway!! :lol: :lol:

willyworm 12-24-2005 05:56 AM

WARNING USX TRAINERS

"DID YOU KNOW THAT AT USX" YOUR STUDENT'S MISTAKE'S ARE HELD AGAINST THE TRAINER.

A driver whom was a trainer for the past couple of years with USX was fired 2 days before Christmas.

USX shorted his pay check (Pay him $3.00 ) for the week
Which should have been $700.00

He dropped his TripPak off at the guard shack on Monday morning, but the guard did not drop them in the box until Tuesday.

(We can check our weekly pay as early as Wednesday evening, on the STATCOM)
However the pay is not cut until Thursday evening.

So he called pay roll and asked why his pay was so short.

Payroll "said" that they received the TripPak Info Wednesday and would pay him next week.
He told them that he needed the money, and that he had dropped the TripPaks by the time required on Monday and Christmas was only 2 days away.

They still refused to place the pay on Fridays check which still had not been cut.

At the same time he was Setting in Rhode Island and was trying to get home for Christmas and his Fleet Manager kept running him back and forth to New Jersey and was not trying get him home until he refused a load that was going to keep him from getting to Ohio for the Holiday weekend.

They finely got him a load to Ohio, but while picking up the load, He was backing into a tight spot and hit another company's trailer, tearing a hole in it.
So during the right thing, he called claims and filed a report .
The claims employee said that trailer had been hit three other times by our drivers..

The next morning he called Chattanooga TN and told them that he wanted a new Fleet Manager and his pay check for the week.

Then he get a Message to call a number in Chattanooga, TN

He calls the guy and it's the safety manager

He said that this was his 4th claim filed against him and that he could be fired.

He asked what he was talking about, that he only had file one claim in 3 years with the company.

The other claims reported was incidents and accidents caused by his students while driving the truck.

He reminded the safety man that they were not his accidents.

HE "SAID" IT WAS ON YOUR TRUCK and so were counting them against you regardless.

When he got to Medway, Ohio THEY FIRED HIM!

LAST WEEK THEY WERE BAGGING HIM TO TRAIN AGAIN!

One incident in 3 years and fired and they Did not pay him for last week!

As for me this pasted week.
I have a New Fleet Manager and she is doing a good job!

However, the miles paid is being shorted, the last load that I pulled was 20% short.
I have noticed a big difference between the paid miles and the route miles as of late.
I'm thinking they are using a difference book then they did 6 months ago. to calculate mileage.

usdyver 12-24-2005 03:34 PM

This is why I made the choice not to go to USX. Although the company is based locally to me me and they seem to have great equipment they seem to be propping up the entire company by screwing the drivers.
I talked to a driver who worked for USX when it was Southwest Xpress and he said it got so bad at one point you would have to threaten to quit to get a load home for hometime.
The last USX recruiter who called me got pi**ed off when I said I wasn't interested. He told me I was screwing up by not going with them since USX was "the absolute best company in the trucking industry".
I ran into a USX recruiter in a restaurant one afternoon and talked to him at length, he has never even been in a truck or worked in the industry outside of a few months at USX recruiting. He sold financial products and real estate in the past and became a recruiter because "its easier".
The company has a big footprint in the industry and especially here in Chattanooga where they are expanding their office complex on a monumental scale. I guess they need the money to finish the buildings.

HT

Malaki86 12-27-2005 11:23 AM

Well, I'm not saying that USX is perfect, but I'm happy with them. I'm on the XD (Xpress Direct) dedicated account. I run everything east of I-35 (I live in West Virginia). I get home whenever I want, which is anywhere from 5 days to 20 days. I've only gotten home late 1 day, and that was Thanksgiving (I got home early Thanksgiving day instead of the evening before. I also average about 3,200 miles per week, every week.

I made a simple spreadsheet under excel, which I put my daily driving miles into it. The average miles per day I run is about 450. Of course, that 450 is in a range of some days that are 120, with others of 650. It just averages out to 450. It doesn't take into consideration of days that I don't run (only counts running days).

They do have problems, just as any other account. The main one being paid for detention time. I'm sure I'll be fighting tooth and nail to get paid for my latest detention, which was 14hrs to get loaded, then another 5 to get unloaded.

I also won't go back to Canada. I had one run up there to unload, then a load coming back out. They had the load info for the pickup screwed up, and I used almost 2hrs of time on my cell phone at $0.65 per minute that they don't want to pay for, even though every call on the list is to USX, the brokers, the shipper or the receiver. I'l be on the phone with USX again today about that one (total of $67.00 worth of calls).

For those of you at USX, you may want to check into the XD account. You'll get the miles. They only ask that you spend 'most' weekends out.

As for the trainers being charged for trainees accidents - is that true? I was thinking of becoming a trainer, but I won't if thats the case.

Also, with the needing oil added - why didn't you add it yourself? The trucks have the oil tanks on it, which you can fill yourself. I've never asked a mechanic to add oil unless the truck is in the shop for something else.

See ya all on the big road