User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

i've been through 3 companies in 3 yrs, now i'm with FedEx ground and intend to stay here but you never know
Old 02-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
Then I made the biggest mistake and went to Millis Transfer
What happened?
I went from around 2500 miles a week to around 1500 miles a week. The truck I had a Florilli had power namely a 500 cat down to a 350 CAT. I went from a company that had a open door policy were you could go in and talk to anyone in the company to one were teh only spot you were allowed in was the DRIVERS room. Millis only allowed drivers to be in the drivers room. They also only allowed you to talk to your dispathcer if you had an appt. in a face to face meeting. My dispatcher never gave me good miles. One load I had 5 days to go Milwaukee to Lancaster PA and could not also stop at the house for anything. Worst thing aout them was the fact you had to ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS stay off the tollways does not matter if it was 8 in the morning when you hit chicago you butt had better be going thru it rather than around it they would never pay for anytolls. I went to work for Henderson in June of 99 first week out of the box was 4200 miles next week was 3900 miles my dispathecer at the time asked am I running you to hard I was like HELL no keep them coming.
things must have changed cause the only toll road that is forbidden without prior approval now is the skyway bridge and toll on 90 and the stretch of I-80 in OH at the I-77 exit to the line and then the Pa turnpike from the line to newstanton. as for the open door policy I personally have been in every office at Black river falls and met most of the people that work there. only been here 7 months. guess things change after they lose drivers for stupid stuff.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Board Regular

oh ya just one company and probably my last. I love the job but I love my kids more. maybe when they are grown I'll come back but after august I think I'm done