Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   And the Survey Says... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/survey-says-13/)
-   -   Obama care (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/survey-says/38211-obama-care.html)

Blacksheep 07-05-2009 09:18 PM

Obama care

Government run health care, yea or nay.

Windwalker 07-05-2009 09:38 PM

Now, do you mean "Government Run", or "Government Subsidized"?

Either way, it would cut into the revenues for the insurance companies, and I don't see that happening very soon. It will take a voter revolt to get that through. As long as they don't get it done, it's something they can campaign on. Pass it, and they lose that soap-box.

Blacksheep 07-05-2009 09:57 PM

cap & trade got through the house, it's a real possibility that they're going to try and ram this past us too.

With that idiot Al Frankin getting in they now have a super majority, in other words fillabuster proof, be very afraid.

mommee 07-05-2009 10:46 PM

i have another question about 'national healthcare', will it cut into the salaries of doctors? they make a lot of money and drive around in expensive cars. what happens to their paycheck?

Rev.Vassago 07-05-2009 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommee (Post 455378)
i have another question about 'national healthcare', will it cut into the salaries of doctors?

It likely will eventually, thereby discouraging doctors from practicing here. There's a reason the US is attractive to the medical profession. You don't see countries with nationalized health care leading the way in cutting edge technology. When is the last time Canada produced some breakthrough in health care?

LightsChromeHorsepower 07-06-2009 03:50 AM

Singe Payer is "Off the table" to quote Obama.

Two articles worth perusing;

Experts Agree on First Set of International Health Care Quality Indicators; U.S. Spends Most, But Quality Could Improve - The Commonwealth Fund

Look at how much more we spend than the other nations in the survey

Annals of Medicine: The Cost Conundrum: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker

This one sort of makes me wonder to what degree greedy doctors contribute to the problem.

Blacksheep 07-07-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommee (Post 455378)
i have another question about 'national healthcare', will it cut into the salaries of doctors? they make a lot of money and drive around in expensive cars. what happens to their paycheck?

What is your point ? run them all out of the country ?, class warfare is stupid.

mommee 07-07-2009 11:45 PM

my point was that i'm not sure that the doctors will be for it and give up their nice pay check. if this goes through, their pay is cut and they will have to take what the government wants to pay them. even the ones that love obama, i am pretty sure don't want a cut in pay for their services. :thumbsup:

dobry4u 07-07-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommee (Post 455510)
my point was that i'm not sure that the doctors will be for it and give up their nice pay check. if this goes through, their pay is cut and they will have to take what the government wants to pay them. even the ones that love obama, i am pretty sure don't want a cut in pay for their services. :thumbsup:

How would they be able to pay off those huge student loans!!!!

BlooMoose 07-08-2009 05:58 PM

If you think health care is expensive now...wait until it's free....!!!