Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Sports Talk (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk-21/)
-   -   How About That Pack? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk/31821-how-about-pack.html)

Midnight Flyer 01-14-2008 01:42 AM

How About That Pack?

:D Damn, I can't believe it! The Pack is one game away from being in the Super Bowl again! All they gotta do is dispatch the Giants in the NFC Championship Game and they'll be in. Eli Manning? Just let A.J. Hawk to lay wood on his ass 'til the whistle blows and we'll be in. Yoop, time to get your game face on NOW! I can already feel it: The Pack against the Cheatriots in the Super Bowl. We gotta bow and pray toward the holy city (Lambeau Field) three or four times a day and it'll happen. Damn, I'm excited!! :moose:

mike3fan 01-14-2008 01:54 AM

all most as amazing as you starting yet another Packers/Favre thread :?

Trukrswyfe 01-14-2008 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3fan
all most as amazing as you starting yet another Packers/Favre thread :?

I second that :?

yoopr 01-14-2008 02:04 AM

Boo Hoo

Midnight Flyer 01-14-2008 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
Boo Hoo

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mike3fan 01-14-2008 02:07 AM

Quote:

Boo Hoo

careful what you wish for 8)

yoopr 01-14-2008 04:16 AM

Doesn't matter if the Pack loses against the Giants-We weren't supposed to do anything this year and now we're at the NFC Championship game so it's all gravy.
Tiny little NFL Town of Green Bay beats Big City teams and with the Youngest team in the NFL

Irish Pirate 01-15-2008 08:21 PM

GAG,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,your brains must be frozen!

yoopr 01-15-2008 09:53 PM

LOL-your team did well didn't they-One and Done :D

hitman 01-16-2008 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Pirate
GAG,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,your brains must be frozen!

That's not the only thing that is going to be frozen Sunday at Lambeau. Heard they predict -13 w/wind chill.

Blue Heron 01-17-2008 12:19 PM

Go GIANTS.
http://www.newsday.com/media/thumbna...0-15072056.jpg

01-17-2008 01:24 PM

Sorry as much as I hate the Packers even I am pulling for the Packers this game. They are the NFC North Champs and have the best QB left sorry I do not cnsider Brady a good QB he is a cheating SOB that can not even hold Steve Fullers Jockstrap. Randy Moss come on give him 2 years and he will quit like he has on every other team he has been on he destroys teams not saves them.

mike3fan 01-17-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
Sorry as much as I hate the Packers even I am pulling for the Packers this game. They are the NFC North Champs and have the best QB left sorry I do not cnsider Brady a good QB he is a cheating SOB that can not even hold Steve Fullers Jockstrap. Randy Moss come on give him 2 years and he will quit like he has on every other team he has been on he destroys teams not saves them.

omg.....lol,put the crack pipe down

Jackrabbit379 01-17-2008 05:43 PM

I wish the best for Brett, and his gang of hooligans. :lol:
Go Pack. (I cant believe I said that :P) I have never been a fan of the Giants.

Should be a good beatin for the Giants in the frozen tundra. I hope the Giants get the same treatment that Dallas got in the Ice Bowl. :evil:

Scoe 01-18-2008 02:40 AM

Quote:

Hey, I don't care for New England either but to say that Brady is NOT a good QB. That just makes you lose all credibility.

Roadhog 01-18-2008 02:49 AM

I hope Gisele Bundchen shows up to the game in a tiny mini-skirt DRUNK, and flirts with all the old men around her during the game. :?

yoopr 01-18-2008 03:06 AM

I hope Gisele Bundchen shows up to the game in a tiny mini-skirt DRUNK

Huh? Who is that?
C'mon up Jackrabbit-It's gonna be pretty chilly for the game but It's not going to be as bad as the Original Ice Bowl.

Roadhog 01-18-2008 03:09 AM

Tom Brady's supermodel girlfriend.

yoopr 01-18-2008 03:18 AM

Oh :D
When you coming up to Felch there Mr. Troll

Roadhog 01-18-2008 10:36 AM

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...nd10/cold3.gif It won't be THIS weekend...that's for sure.
Snow squalls.. http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...d10/schrik.gif .. sub-zero temperatures... http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...10/chatter.gif..good luck with that
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...nd10/cold2.gif

01-18-2008 01:42 PM

Scoe when you are told what defense that is coming at you and blitz package also that is why I am saying Brady is not a good QB. He has played for a team that was caught red handed cheating by the NFL stealing the defense signals. Hell even Rex Grossman could be 17-0 right now on the Cheating Pats and we have seen how he plays over the last 2 years. Gross out rex is the only guy to ever have a QB rating below ZERO in a win thanks to the Defense and Hester last year.

mike3fan 01-18-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Scoe when you are told what defense that is coming at you and blitz package also that is why I am saying Brady is not a good QB. He has played for a team that was caught red handed cheating by the NFL stealing the defense signals. Hell even Rex Grossman could be 17-0 right now on the Cheating Pats and we have seen how he plays over the last 2 years. Gross out rex is the only guy to ever have a QB rating below ZERO in a win thanks to the Defense and Hester last year.

Do you think that every team doesn't do some form of this?

Including the stupid holier than thou Jets,who were caught doing the exact same thing,bunch of hypocrites.

Brady wins the Super Bowl this year and defintely goes into the top 3 of all time in my opinion.

01-18-2008 07:02 PM

Top 3 QB's of all time on my list. 1. Farve holds just about every record there is. 2 Montana 3 Doug Flutie ask any one that he played against in the CFL how good he is size does not matter plus how much has he given to help research Autism regardless of how little he makes. As to the Jets cheating why not when the NFL had a chance to really set an example with the Pats and DID NOTHING considering at all but one draft pick whoopie. They should have lost all draft picks for 2 seasons no playoffs regardless of record and no revenue sharing for 5 seasons that would have stopped it cold.

Jackrabbit379 01-18-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

C'mon up Jackrabbit-It's gonna be pretty chilly for the game but It's not going to be as bad as the Original Ice Bowl.

:P I figured you'd get a kick out of that.
Yeah, when I wrote that the other day, I was talking to my dad before I wrote it.
We talked about the game, and he mentioned the Ice Bowl. Of course, that was before my time, but he remembers it well. He said that he figures it might be cold up there this weekend, but it wont be nothing compared to the Ice Bowl.

yoopr 01-19-2008 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Quote:

:P I figured you'd get a kick out of that.
Yeah, when I wrote that the other day, I was talking to my dad before I wrote it.
We talked about the game, and he mentioned the Ice Bowl. Of course, that was before my time, but he remembers it well. He said that he figures it might be cold up there this weekend, but it wont be nothing compared to the Ice Bowl.

Here's a story about Bob Lilly that maybe you and your Dad might like. I was in nice warm weather in Vietnam during the Ice Bowl
Gonna be way below zero for our High Temps for Sunday's game but in GB it's supposed to be a bit above zero-I think we'll be ok as long as it's not windy

Forty years after that bitterly cold day in Green Bay, Wis., former Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Bob Lilly still gets asked about the storied "Ice Bowl" wherever he goes.
"Everybody I meet who wants to talk about it says he was there that day," Lilly said Thursday, chuckling. "It's amazing how people continue to relive it, and how you see replays of the game so often."

advertisement

To this day, Lilly's fingers and hands ache when the weather turns cold. And like his former teammates, the memories of the Cowboys' heart-wrenching 21-17 loss to the Green Bay Packers in the 1967 NFL Championship still haunt him.

Lilly, now 68 and living in Georgetown, got frostbite in the little finger and ring finger of his left hand.

For good reason, the Packers' victory over the Cowboys on Dec. 31, 1967, is remembered as much for the frigid weather in which it was played as its dramatic ending.

The temperature at kickoff was 13 degrees below zero, and the wind-chill factor by the end of the game made it feel like minus-48.

Jackrabbit379 01-19-2008 03:55 AM

How funny. My dad has mentioned that to me many of times. He has told me that guys still ache, and hurt to this day..

yoopr 01-19-2008 04:14 AM

I frostbit my right pinky finger years ago snowmobiling when I shouldn't have been and it was -30f outside and to this day whenever it gets cool outside it's pretty much numb. Once you have it you have it forever

Jackrabbit379 01-19-2008 01:48 PM

Yeah, you do.

Roadhog 01-20-2008 02:20 AM

We need to build a big friggin wall across the whole border of Canada to keep this frigid air out. :evil:

yoopr 01-20-2008 02:26 AM

Got that right :D
Got down to -25f here last nite and the cold stuff has yet to come.
At the game tomorrow when someone gets hit it's gonna really smart.
Beats playing at sissy domes though

Midnight Flyer 01-20-2008 02:55 AM

Quote:

Got that right :D
Got down to -25f here last nite and the cold stuff has yet to come.
At the game tomorrow when someone gets hit it's gonna really smart.
Beats playing at sissy domes though

:D We're supposed to get down to 15 above down here in Arkansas tonight. But that's shorts and t-shirt weather to you guys up there in the Great White North! :lol:

Jackrabbit379 01-20-2008 03:18 AM

Yeah, it's cold enough, that's for sure.
I couldnt imagine -35 degrees. :shock:

Trukrswyfe 01-20-2008 03:21 AM

makes me not want to get out of bed. Brrrr

Cold up here in Washington, and my snowmobiles are in the shop. :x Damn.

yoopr 01-20-2008 04:52 AM

your 15 sounds good about now-I've got my own weather station up here in da bush

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage....CW9536&last=24

Roadhog 01-20-2008 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Yeah, it's cold enough, that's for sure.
I couldnt imagine -35 degrees. :shock:

Yer nads get sucked all the way up to your kidneys. :evil:

yoopr 01-20-2008 06:26 AM

that's no lie
My snowmobile is running fine and not in a shop but I'm not going out in this crap-If you broke down you'd be in serious trouble

Trukrswyfe 01-20-2008 06:47 AM

Quote:

that's no lie
My snowmobile is running fine and not in a shop but I'm not going out in this crap-If you broke down you'd be in serious trouble

We drive on the property, not far from home. The kids mostly and they don't seem to get cold like us old farts. :D

Midnight Flyer 01-20-2008 12:51 PM

:D Awright Yoop, time to get our game face on. Bow toward Lambeau and pray to St. Vince that he'll help our beloved Pack beat the ?!!@#$# outta them !?#@$% Giants. Make sure you got plenty of game essentials: Johnsonville's, soda pop, microwave popcorn, chips and dips. And after today it'll be time for us to end the unbeaten streak of the Cheatriots! 8)

Roadhog 01-20-2008 02:31 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: ... The Lord is a Packer Fan too! :)

Dear Lord... :evil: F$#@^*~ %$@ THOSE @~)_+$#@!~% AND &^*(??>{-#2 !!!....... F#@%.

Thank you Lord. :?............ oh and can ya warm it up a little?... F#@% !

yoopr 01-20-2008 03:38 PM

LOL-glad I'm not playing today-after a hit you'd have a body lenghth shockwave

``Our Favre,

Who art in Lambeau,

Hallowed be thine arm.

Thy bowl will come,

It will be won.

In Phoenix as it is in Lambeau.

And give us this Sunday,

Our weekly win.

And give us many touchdown passes.

But do not let others pass against us.

Lead us not into frustration,

But deliver us to the valley of the sun.

For thine is the MVP, the best of the NFC,

and the glory of the Cheeseheads,

now and forever.

Go get'em. Amen.''