Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 18 of 19
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Sports Talk (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk-21/)
-   -   College football is bedlam this season! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk/30206-college-football-bedlam-season.html)

Mr. Ford95 12-03-2007 09:35 AM

Sounded like the ESPN guys wanted OU-VT or USC-OU, well except for Herbie. Mark May really disliked the matchup of LSU-OSU, as he called it, "I do not agree with this matchup, both backed into this game."

Twilight Flyer 12-03-2007 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by :
Big 10 nutcases have to be loving this, they dreamt up the BCS system and lookie there, their champion has backed their way into the Title game.

Again. :roll:

LSU by 30+.

It'll be just like last year when Ohio State played a weak schedule, was completely unprepared, and then got slaughtered by the first REAL team they played all year. And last year's Ohio State team was a hell of a lot better than this years. Oops...I better revise that.

LSU by 50+.

Snowman7 12-03-2007 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer:

Originally Posted by :
Big 10 nutcases have to be loving this, they dreamt up the BCS system and lookie there, their champion has backed their way into the Title game.

Again. :roll:

LSU by 30+.

It'll be just like last year when Ohio State played a weak schedule, was completely unprepared, and then got slaughtered by the first REAL team they played all year. And last year's Ohio State team was a hell of a lot better than this years. Oops...I better revise that.

LSU by 50+.

Ha ha ha ha ha :lol:
You said you liked Ohio State! Man, with friends like you..... :shock:
Red Lobster dinner perhaps?

Twilight Flyer 12-03-2007 09:22 PM

I do like Ohio State. But I like the integrity of the NCAA better. Of course, the LACK of integrity these days is simply mind-boggling.

LSU deserve to be there. They lost 2 games this year and both of those games were lost in triple OT. There is no doubt how good that team is and that they would be a legit team in the championship.

As far as OSU, I simply don't think they're title material this year and they don't deserve to be in the big game. They have played no one, they haven't dealt with the meat grinders that are the SEC and the Big 12. You want a title game?

LSU vs. Oklahoma.

That game would give me chills.

Mr. Ford95 12-03-2007 10:03 PM

Twi, we already had that game, LSU won to split the National Title with USC, I think in 2003. :D

Twilight Flyer 12-03-2007 10:27 PM

LSU vs. the Ohio State that beat Miami 4 years ago would give me chills, too. LSU vs. this year's Ohio State will put me to sleep. No intention of watching it...I'll read on Yahoo sports the next morning how the BCS mangled things again by putting Ohio State on the chopping block. It's gonna be ugly.

Twilight Flyer 12-03-2007 10:28 PM

I hear the scorekeepers are already at the stadium, pushing buttons so they don't fall behind. :shock:

Snowman7 12-03-2007 10:36 PM

I absolutley agree Oklahoma is darn good. But they lost to two mediocre teams. That hurts you in the eyes of voters. Hey like I said they had to pick someone. Ohio State is 66-10 over the last five years, 4-1 in bowls including 4 BCS Bowl games and 1 National championship. Oh, and 1 very bad game! That's a pretty good resume. Are other teams also qualified? Absolutely! I guarantee you they will show and play! Again, Red Lobster? How bout it?

Twilight Flyer 12-04-2007 01:11 PM

Red Lobster? $20 gift certificate? Even points?

Midnight Flyer 12-04-2007 02:31 PM

:D I wish Red Lobster still served oysters on the half shell. The ones down here sure don't. 8)