Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Rules and Regulations and DAC, Oh My (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my-16/)
-   -   DRUG TESTING PLEASE HELP (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my/26145-drug-testing-please-help.html)

Useless 07-22-2007 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless
:roll:
No one is beating the thread to death, Fredog!!

No one is forced to read it nor is anyone forced to post.

some of the people on here act like they are forced to read every post. they complain about posts that dont interest them or dont agree with them, they way some of them complain, you would think they were truck drivers :lol: :rock:

You were the one who commented about "beating the horse to death"!! At the same time, this thread does illuminate the total absurdity in some people's thinking. Since there are a lot of noobs, plan2B's and wannabees here at CAD wanting to learn a few things about the industry, it really doesn't hurt to remind them of what is and is not acceptable when it comes to drug testing.

Fredog 07-22-2007 02:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

:roll:
No one is beating the thread to death, Fredog!!

No one is forced to read it nor is anyone forced to post.

some of the people on here act like they are forced to read every post. they complain about posts that dont interest them or dont agree with them, they way some of them complain, you would think they were truck drivers :lol: :rock:

You were the one who commented about "beating the horse to death"!! At the same time, this thread does illuminate the total absurdity in some people's thinking. Since there are a lot of noobs, plan2B's and wannabees here at CAD wanting to learn a few things about the industry, it really doesn't hurt to remind them of what is and is not acceptable when it comes to drug testing.

what horse?
I'm not arguing, (I think) I just thought people were tired of hearing me, I will be glad to ramble on forever or at least until I get sleepy :shock:

Useless 07-22-2007 02:25 AM

Quote:

what horse?
I'm not arguing, (I think) I just thought people were tired of hearing me, I will be glad to ramble on forever or at least until I get sleepy :shock:

Well, then carry on and RAMBLE AWAY!!

Or, you can get on the "Tin Can CB" airwaves!!
(SEE: And The Survey Says?? Forum, "What Kind of Radio?" Thread)

DAYUMM!! I had to dry the Diet Coke (drink, not the drug!!) off of my keyboard after that one!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
STILL ROFLMAO

Fredog 07-22-2007 02:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

what horse?

Well, then carry on and RAMBLE AWAY!!

Or, you can get on the "Tin Can CB" airwaves!!
(SEE: And The Survey Says?? Forum, "What Kind of Radio?" Thread)

DAYUMM!! I had to dry the Diet Coke (drink, not the drug!!) off of my keyboard after that one!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
STILL ROFLMAO

you wont sucker me into getting on that tin can frequency with the rest of you criminals.. nice try though

TonyandDeb 08-12-2007 09:04 PM

what is hippa?

kc0iv 08-12-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyandDeb
what is hippa?

Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_...untability_Act

kc0iv

Mad Fatboy 09-21-2007 04:11 PM

Poor Mikee...
I read all this last night and had to wait for my registration to be approved before I could make a few comments.

First, he said that he had been driving for 6 years, I'll bet not with Swift.

Second, He probably wasn't the twinkle in Swift's eye, he did or continue to do stuff that was pissing them off.

Third, They set him up to be fired and he fell for it. They have probably been waiting for the opportunity for months to terminate him without recourse.

Fourth, His "I'll do it tomorrow" attitude was probably the root of all his troubles.

This reminded me of an incident at a company that I drove for in the 70's. There was a driver that managed to screw up by the numbers every chance he got and fortunately nobody got killed or injured.
It got to the point of a contest to be the person to fire this guy. One afternoon I was in the office and the terminal manager got a phone call from the vice president of the company that he just got the honors of firing Richard at the terminal in Savannah. My TM was upset that he didn't get to do it.

But back to the point: Mikee doesn't have a leg to stand on. Swift 1, Mikee 0.

Senorjhawk 10-25-2007 03:30 PM

Re: DRUG TESTING PLEASE HELP

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruckerManMikee
I have been terminated from SWIFT Trucking due to Miscommunication with driver manager due to a drug test he said ASAP then he told saftey that he told me immediatly. me and the better half are stuck in Mesa AZ with all our luggage and they wont even pay our way home expect for a bus fare. ythat means we have to somehow take and leave stuff that means alot to us and get rid of the rest and as they say I refused a drug test which was wrong as i went within 24hrs had I know it was urgent I would have left as soon as possible.im at my daughters house til we figure out what to do I FEEL SO SICK due to this in 6 yrs driving ive never refused or failed a DOT test ever plz help with REAL ADVICE,im lost

Here is an article discussing this subject.
http://www.dotjobhistory.com/articles/Randomtest.asp

Skywalker 10-25-2007 07:58 PM

Re: DRUG TESTING PLEASE HELP

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senorjhawk

Here is an article discussing this subject.
http://www.dotjobhistory.com/articles/Randomtest.asp

Thanks for posting that article. It is VERY, VERY, VERY INFORMATIVE and is the gospel on this issue. It should be mandatory reading and a test on it afterwards.

If you get selected for a "random"..... you get it done "30 minutes ago". you do not have 24 hrs or a couple of days to "getroundtuit"......

If anything....even if you have never even looked at drugs in your life, this is one issue that will bring your driving career to a dead stop in the water. If you get nailed for ailing to get it done "30 minutes ago".....you're done! Your only two outs that I know of are "death" and hospitalization at the time you are selected....other than being on actual vacation.

DO NOT PLAY GAMES WITH THIS ISSUE!

golfhobo 10-27-2007 06:47 PM

Yes, the article was informative and a good read. But any TEST should be based on the REGS, and not just this article. Not enough info here.

1) I believe the REGS say you have 2 hours (not 4, Useless...) to COMPLETE the test. (I did not check this fact at this moment, but it is MY understanding of it.)

2) I may have used the wrong word when saying the "boss" broke the LAW. These ARE regulations, and breaking them can cost you your license, or authority (for the employer,) but not necessarily get you jail time. If you no longer care to drive a truck..... go ahead and flaunt them!

3) The FMCSA and DOT do not CARE if your boss TRUSTS you! The regulations/procedures MUST be followed for ALL CDL holders, (and carriers,) without regard to what the employer THINKS he knows about an employee.

4) Yes, there are all KINDS of "ways around" telling an employee of a random.... but they do NOT include TELLING him of a random and then giving him some leeway as to WHEN to do it. Once the telling is done.... the procedure is on a clock that NO ONE has control over.

5) For example..... my company has a chalkboard up that says, "the following people need to see [one of our personnel employees.]" This IS a code of sorts, but it meets the letter of the regulation. You will not be officially "notified" until you see that person! Other companies use the wording, "Come see me when you get on the yard."

6) But, ONCE an employee (DER) informs a driver that he has been selected.... there can BE NO delay except as noted in the REGS.

I feel sorry for Mikee, but he SHOULD have been aware of the regs. It is OUR responsibility to KNOW them.... IF we want to be truck drivers. The company DID (it seems) offer to pay bus fare home.... at which time Mikee could have taken his POV and a trailer back to get the stuff that he SHOULD have put in storage somewhere. The company is under NO obligation to buy him a plane ticket, or rent him a U-Haul! And, although they did NOT have to terminate him, they absolutely could NOT allow him to continue to drive the truck!

To reaffirm my previous statement..... Fredog's boss was in violation of the Regulations that afford him his Carrier authority IF he TOLD an employee that he needed to submit to a test, but gave him more than 2 hours to complete it! A carrier is expressly forbidden from doing so BY the REGS!! His boss violated the regs under which his "authority" is governed, and could LOSE his business if it became KNOWN to the DOT. Hence.... my statement about squeezing him for a raise! :wink:

Hobo