Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Rules and Regulations and DAC, Oh My (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my-16/)
-   -   Log Trucks using different Logs (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my/23353-log-trucks-using-different-logs.html)

Papa Rick 12-26-2006 02:43 AM

Log Trucks using different Logs

I just started hauling logs in Oct of this year. Since then I have not found anyone that uses a log book, but goes by a time sheet. We drive in 3 states home is AL, drive in GA and TN.

Has anyone heard of this? I have asked if you didn't need a log book to cross state lines, and was told no because Logging is exempt because it comes out of the woods in the natural state and is not changed or processed until you unload it.

Longest haul one way is 120 miles, starts in AL, then GA and TN, and return.

slider64683 12-26-2006 02:53 AM

log book

according to FTC (Federal Transportation Commision) and log book is only required when working outside of a 150 air mile radius of the base termanial.

Slider

slider64683 12-26-2006 02:54 AM

log book

according to FTC (Federal Transportation Commision) and log book is only required when working outside of a 150 air mile radius of the base termanial.

Slider

nrvsreck 12-26-2006 02:56 AM

Yes, as far as I understand it, it's a 150-mile air radius. Has nothing to do with crossing state lines. If the longest run in 120 miles, you got nothing to worry about.

yoopr 12-26-2006 02:59 AM

I've hauled logs up here and if you're within the radius you don't have to log it unless you're crossing a state line.
keep a sheet of your hours though.

Papa Rick 12-26-2006 03:44 AM

Hey I really appreciate the info.

Now for another question, do you get the hour sheets from your home state, and if so, do you have to send them back to them every so often.

Papa Rick 12-26-2006 03:54 AM

Can anyone tell me where is a good place to get the FMCSR book, both in pocket size and I have read somewhere you can get it in a notebook edition for your office?

GMAN 12-26-2006 01:10 PM

Most truck stops sell the pocket size handbooks as well as log books. There is a Pilot not too far from you, I believe. They should have them. And I have seen people ticketed for crossing state lines and not logging, even though they were within the 150 mile radius. It is best to check the rule book for yourself.

yoopr 12-26-2006 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa Rick
Hey I really appreciate the info.

Now for another question, do you get the hour sheets from your home state, and if so, do you have to send them back to them every so often.

We just used a sheet with date-Where you picked up the Logs-What city and Paper Mill you were going to and the time you started the day and when you finished for that day.
When running intra-state you might want to check your states laws. Your regs might be different.

Sealord 12-26-2006 07:50 PM

Hauling Logs

Could cut logs be considered an agricultural product therefore nothing's required other than a time sheet? BOL