User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2006, 11:36 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Forget it.
I guess Ill go ask my question where more people listen to whats being asking instead of trying to disect things they know nothing about.

Been through the whole class 9 thing, and since my vehicles contain no fluids, no battery, no gas tank. They are no longer classified under the same class 9. And not rated anymore hazardous or flammable than a load of wood.

The 150 mile radius says nothing at all about crossing state lines, only that I must keep an hours of service, I cant go over my daily hours, I must return home everyday, and that I do not have a CDL.

From FMCSA.DOT.GOV

"New Short-Haul Provision
Drivers of property-carrying CMVs which do not require a Commercial Driver's License for operation and who operate within a 150 air-mile radius of their normal work reporting location:
May drive a maximum of 11 hours after coming on duty following 10 or more consecutive hours off duty.
Are not required to keep records-of-duty status (RODS).
May not drive after the 14th hour after coming on duty 5 days a week or after the 16th hour after coming on duty 2 days a week.
Employer must:
Maintain and retain accurate time records for a period of 6 months showing the time the duty period began, ended, and total hours on duty each day in place of RODS.

Drivers who use the above-described short-haul provision are not eligible to use 100 air-mile provision 395.1(e) or the current 16-hour exception in 395.1(o). "

Besides, even if I had to carry a logbook, I would only have been in violation once I crossed the line, not 60 miles from home in my same state.

Close the thread, this was pointless
Old 10-14-2006, 03:36 PM

You never answere the question about your pick-up. Do you run a dually pick-up? With a 20' trailer, and junk cars I'ld say yes.

Hence a CDL is required and the 150 air-mile rule doesn't apply. Provide a VIN number and I can let you know the rating of your vehicle.

A response cannot be made until all of the facts are acquired.

Be safe.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:28 PM

I can't even figure out why the OP came over here to ask a question when he seems to have all the answers! Until you get a actual ticket, why not just hush up and go get the next load..........

I'm done.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:22 AM
Board Regular
Default goodluck

good luck!
Old 10-16-2006, 12:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
Didn't you say you crossed the state line? If so, then yes, you have to use a log book.
are you sure?? can you get me proof. Am not trying to say your wrong or anything but i drive local and go into Delaware from PA every other day. I do not have a log book. Its only about 11 miles into Delaware that i go to dump. say about 26 miles from are yard.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 10-16-2006, 01:03 AM
Rookie
Default Log trucks in NW

They run state line and don't use a log book. 150 mile rule.They must have CDL.because 80,000 gvw and air brakes. I don't know about your situation. It's best to take tickets and rig to another DOT and get
an explanation of rules in your area. Would have to go to all states you want to operate in.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:59 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

There is a loophole in the law. You said your weight is listed at 26K. You might have to change it to 25999 and be able to say that you are "UNDER 26K". My son-in-law was doing that for years. He did, however, keep a logbook. He went from FL all the way up the east coast to MASS. He owned the rig and it was registered at 25,999. He hauled hot-tubs out of FL and cars back to FL. The whole time, he never had a CDL. He even had to have a DOT WAIVER for his physical because one eye had been removed when he was a kid. As long as everything was in order when he got pulled around behind the scale, he was fine.

Old 11-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

go to www.askthelaw.org scroll down to the red email button, submit your question and it will be sent to to proper law enforcment agency, that way, you wll get correct information.