Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Everything Has Changed!! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/40924-everything-has-changed.html)

Papa Rick 02-14-2011 04:51 PM

Everything Has Changed!!

Man oh Man, just got back from a Different woodmill and have a 6 month contract for work doing what I was doing, it will not be as much hauling, but in addition to this, the FB Company I was a Company Driver for from 02 to 06 called also and wanted to know if I had my authority and insurance in place because they could use me to do some hauling for them when I was not busy doing the log hauling

What a big relief this was, let me tell yall, I have not jumped that high for joy since I was a kid in high school

Between the two of them, I should be able to stay busy, Keep my Daycab Truck which only has 2 more payments left and then paid for!!!

WOW WOW WOW!!!! GOD has been so AWESOME for SURE

I appreciate all the help that everyone had on here about CRST, getting ready to go FB, and everything involved with this... I have sure learned alot, and in the future if I do FB, even though I know very little about FB, I learned so much from everyone on here.

Not planning on leaving here, just wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciate how everyone took time to give me such GREAT advice and or suggestions.

THANKS AGAIN!

Papa Rick

freebirdrfd 02-14-2011 09:34 PM

Congratulations Rick, I hope it all works out for you.. :smokin:

Red Clay Rambler 02-14-2011 10:41 PM

Good for you! Sounds like you have some options. Be sure and keep us posted as you're able.

Steel Horse Cowboy 02-15-2011 01:04 AM

CONGRATS buddy! I know the feeling, its hell having to do a 180 in your set career. Hope it all works out good for ya and keep us updated for sure.

GMAN 02-15-2011 02:46 AM

It is great news. You don't have to sell the daycab. I know you really didn't want to part with it. Since the flatbed company is offering to give you some loads, do you still expect to move forward with your authority?

Papa Rick 02-15-2011 11:54 PM

GMAN
It is great news. You don't have to sell the daycab. I know you really didn't want to part with it. Since the flatbed company is offering to give you some loads, do you still expect to move forward with your authority?

I will start the process of doing this tommorow. I hope it doesn't take as long as normal, since I already have my DOT Number, been through a complaince audit, maybe it won't.

I am hoping that between the two of them I will be able to stay busy enough to eventually buy a FB Trailer and branch out on my own more as time goes by.

arky 02-16-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa Rick (Post 493782)
I will start the process of doing this tommorow. I hope it doesn't take as long as normal, since I already have my DOT Number, been through a complaince audit, maybe it won't.

I am hoping that between the two of them I will be able to stay busy enough to eventually buy a FB Trailer and branch out on my own more as time goes by.

Happy to hear it's worked out for ya Papa Rick. Just keep pluggin along. Your stress will go way down after those next two payments, I'm sure. Flatbeds can be had pretty cheap if you watch for a a bargain. Once you get the truck paid off, you could probably buy a FB and pay for it by the time the wood contract expires. Then you would have one less hurdle to clear 6 months from now if you find yourself needing to make a move.

Good Luck!! Great news!