Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Expected pay? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/40886-expected-pay.html)

Tobytob 02-03-2011 02:58 AM

Expected pay?

If you were leased to a carrier that paid 71% of the load and your route went a little something like this

Memphis, Tn to Ontario, CA (loaded) (1706mi)
Deadhead 148 mi to Maricopa, CA
Load from Maricopa, CA to Puyallup, WA (1001mi)
Deadhead 169 mi to Orondo, WA (2 P/U)
Load from Orondo, WA to Memphis, TN (2322 mi)

*Actual miles ran was close to 7300 mi in 8 days*

What Would you expect your check to be?

Steel Horse Cowboy 02-03-2011 03:37 AM

I'd figure it at $1.25 per mile.....

And I hope u were running team

freebrd 02-03-2011 04:30 AM

Who can run for $ a buck ana quarter ! Doesnt it cost $ atleast a buck seventy five min. W fuel?

Tobytob 02-03-2011 03:50 PM

Freebrd, this is my point exactly. I got screwed on this run big time and I am very pissed about it. I need @ bare min $1.70 loaded. I know this company is getting well over $2.5 to $3 a mile for these runs and we as the drivers are losing out big time. I can barely afford to fix my truck....

chris1 02-03-2011 04:21 PM

If you put 7300 miles on those loads you need more than 1.70 p/m. Maybe a new atlas.

Heavy Duty 02-03-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobytob (Post 493182)
Freebrd, this is my point exactly. I got screwed on this run big time and I am very pissed about it. I need @ bare min $1.70 loaded. I know this company is getting well over $2.5 to $3 a mile for these runs and we as the drivers are losing out big time. I can barely afford to fix my truck....

Why did you take them? Are you on percentage lease? Ask to see the freight bills.
Are you a driver or a contractor, if you are a contractor they can't force loads on you and you should know up front what they pay.

Orangetxguy 02-03-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobytob (Post 493171)
If you were leased to a carrier that paid 71% of the load and your route went a little something like this

Memphis, Tn to Ontario, CA (loaded) (1706mi) [Rand McNally says; Trip mileage: 1759.7 miles ]
Deadhead 148 mi to Maricopa, CA [Rand McNally says; Trip mileage: 146.8 miles ]
Load from Maricopa, CA to Puyallup, WA (1001mi) [ Rand says; Trip mileage: 1021.2 miles ]
Deadhead 169 mi to Orondo, WA (2 P/U) [ Rand says; Trip mileage: 168.8 miles ]
Load from Orondo, WA to Memphis, TN (2322 mi) [ Rand says; Trip mileage: 2229.0 miles ]

*Actual miles ran was close to 7300 mi in 8 days*

What Would you expect your check to be?

My calculator says it all adds up to 5326 rounded miles........SOoooooooooooo.....How did you chew up 2000 extra miles?? And......Why would you expect to be paid for them?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes....I am bored and actually looked at the routes!

no_worries 02-03-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobytob (Post 493182)

How do you know that? If you know it, you should know a little more exactly than a $.50+/mile range. What are you pulling? Is this contracted freight? If it's not, nobody is getting those rates for those lanes on the spot market right now for van/reefer/flat. If it's contracted freight and you've done this run before, just ask. The only part of contract rates that change is the FSC. You're paid on percentage, you have the right to see the freight bill. If you feel that strongly that you're getting stiffed, make the request.

For reefer on the spot market right now, I'd expect your company to average maybe $1.70/mile on that turn. That puts you at what...$1.21? Van slightly less; flat, not as sure about but not too far off.

Tobytob 02-03-2011 10:59 PM

@ chris and Orangetxguy. I'll tell you how I put an extra 2000 miles on that load. The route from Orondo,WA was suppose to go across I90 to I29 down to I70 and over to I55, I think that what it called for. Instead I ran I84 to I80 back over to I25 down to I70 down to US287 over to OKC and I40 across to memphis. This was def out of route, but it was either that or run into some snow storms and road closers.

Thats not the problem here, The problem is the amount of money being paid to the leased drivers. The explanation we received was that the company is getting the loads anywhere from $1.60 to $2. BS. I've been told by the owner himself that he won't pull any cheap freight. Well $1.70 is cheap once you have to pay %71 percent to your O/O.

I know this because I talk to Independent that run the same lanes we run. They use the same brokers and customers we use, I've seen their freight bills and they clear $2 a mi on these loads.

Listen, I deal with customers on a daily basis, people on the inside of this industry and anyone who thinks these loads are paying less than $2 a mile is crazy.. Ask any broker, better yet go straight to a customer traffic department and ask them how much these brokers bid on these loads. I guarantee they don't bid any less than $3 a mile. I understand that they are suppose to get a cut, but to run the drivers into the ground and not pay them is ludacris.

FYI, I'm in the process of setting up my own authority, So I will cut the middle man out, here pretty soon. My point is these companies r full of S***, if they think these o/o are stupid enough to believe the the rates they are charging. Some are but Not this one..

*** LOADS from cali to Bronx, NY pay $8G. I know Indy's that get that in their sleep. Was offered a load from cali to hunts point from my company for $5600, I LAUGHED IN HIS FACE AND SAID NO THANKS YOU CAN KEEP THAT CHEAP SNIT...

Steel Horse Cowboy 02-03-2011 11:10 PM

So do you own the trailer or not?