Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Something went down!!! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/38629-something-went-down.html)

RostyC 09-04-2009 02:23 PM

Something went down!!!

Look around guys........... everything seems to be constantly going up in price. Mechanics Labor, Tires, Parts, Food, Taxes, Insurance.........WAIT! Maybe not Insurance

I just received my renewal quote for insurance (liability, cargo)and it dropped $957.00 over last year. :thumbsup::smokin::cool::D

Last year was my first year in this business, well actually October 20 was my first load but it was Sept.22 when I secured ins. First year premuim was 6954.00. This year is 5997.00.

I've been a good boy! Didn't hit a thing or a people (not for lack of trying :lol:, I'm kidding), nothing fell off the trailer, (there was that insulation that tried to escape off the back but I lassoed it back in. :cool:) So for my efforts I'm finally rewarded with a break in cost! My repairs this year were astronomical so it's nice to get break. Oh I'm feeling good. :lol:

I'll be accepting way to go's, atta boys, pats on the back, and of course the ole Indian head rub all week long, then it's back to business as usual. :D

chris1 09-04-2009 02:30 PM

Somebody will be holding their hand out for it. I went down 5-6% each year for the last five years. See what happens in december. Of course my medical went up 7-8% at the same time.

RostyC 09-04-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris1 (Post 461119)
Somebody will be holding their hand out for it. I went down 5-6% each year for the last five years. See what happens in december. Of course my medical went up 7-8% at the same time.

Oh no doubt in my mind that some one will come along and grab it, that's why it's only a week long celebration period. :D

BTW..... you forgot my attaboy. :lol:

chris1 09-04-2009 03:06 PM

attaboy

RostyC 09-04-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris1 (Post 461122)
attaboy

Hey Thanks! you shouldn't have. :D :D

salbo 09-05-2009 01:00 AM

you guys should give GEICO a call.There rates are 1/2 what Progressive wants for a new owner-operator

SickRick 09-05-2009 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salbo (Post 461158)
you guys should give GEICO a call.There rates are 1/2 what Progressive wants for a new owner-operator

For TRUCKING LIABILITY or bobtail? Progressive ONLY WRITES 500 mile radius for new (newly CDL licensed) O/O's. Need to have you license for more than 1 year to be considered by other companies for 48 state insurance (they consider it nice if you actually DROVE that year and had experience, not just the issue date on the CDL).

Rick

Oh, Attaboy on that rate reduction... What kinda cargo you carry?

luckyky00 09-05-2009 03:56 AM

I pay $120 a month for bobtail insurance..not sure if this is high or decent rate...never checked around just got the insurance through the company I'm leased onto...

GMAN 09-05-2009 10:47 AM

Atta boy, RostyC. It is nice when something goes down. By the way, I have found that it pays to check around on rates each year. While some go down, others may go up.

And Luckyky00, you may want to check around for your bobtail. $120/month seems a bit high. If I remember correctly, most rates seem to fall somewhere between $30-60/month with most carriers. If you are a member of OODIA you might check their rates.

RostyC 09-05-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickRick (Post 461165)
For TRUCKING LIABILITY or bobtail? Progressive ONLY WRITES 500 mile radius for new (newly CDL licensed) O/O's. Need to have you license for more than 1 year to be considered by other companies for 48 state insurance (they consider it nice if you actually DROVE that year and had experience, not just the issue date on the CDL).

Rick

Oh, Attaboy on that rate reduction... What kinda cargo you carry?

Just general flatbed freight.... lumber, rebar, small equipment, plywood, heating units here lately (i like these, light as a feather). There's a mix of other stuff but this is the usual.

Thanks for the attaboy. :)