Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Lease Operator with Anderson Trucking Service (ATS) (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/37516-lease-operator-anderson-trucking-service-ats.html)

terrylamar 03-29-2009 06:13 AM

Lease Operator with Anderson Trucking Service (ATS)

Some of you may remember me as a "wet behind the ears" TMC company driver. I think I picked up on the driving game quickly and and was pretty successful at TMC. I made good money and enjoyed driving. I have found that, not only do I like the lifestyle, I am good at it, at least as a company driver.

I left TMC back in August of last year to take over a Martial Arts School from an old instructor. To put it bluntly, it didn't work out the way I expected. I was misled about many things and despite trying my best, I closed shop and decided to go back to trucking.

A few good things did come out my experience with the school. I lost about 50 pounds and got back into shape. There at the end with TMC I had cut out all the junk food and sodas and was beginning to feel much better. Now that I am back on the road I have to try to keep this up.

Once I decided to drive again I found that my 20 months experience with TMC didn't mean much. TMC didn't want me back because they moved their hiring boundaries almost 200 miles from where I live. I didn't have the magical two years experience for some of the companies I wanted to drive for. That and the economy made it difficult to find a job quickly.

For this reason and that one of my goals was to get heavy haul experience I decided to go with Anderson Trucking Service (ATS) Specialized. This is their flatbed division. Despite all the warnings I signed up for the Lease Operator Program. I didn't want to sit around for months waiting for hiring freezes to be lifted.

I have confidence that the economy will turn for the better shortly and I thought to position myself for that recovery. There is some indication that the economy is improving, not to say that it will happen overnight.

It took a couple of weeks to get to orientation in Saint Cloud, MN. There were about 12 drivers attending orientation, four van drivers, the rest flats, four Owner Operators and three Lease Operators and one Company Driver making the switch to L/O. Out of these we lost one O/O who's truck required $4K to bring it up to speed and one Van Driver for some unknown reason. One of the L/O had to go home at the end to get additional paperwork and he would be returning the next week. There were a couple of Drivers on the class who were returning ATS Drivers. They had nothing but good to say about ATS and the L/O Program.

We did the normal stuff you do at orientation. One the first day we got to select the truck we would lease. The Van and Flat Divisions select from a different truck pool, obviously, because the Flat trucks were set up differently. There were six Columbias, 3 with Cats, 3 with Det, 3 had Qualcomm and 3 had Driver Tech. There was one Pete 387 with a Cat. and Qualcomm which I selected. It is basically the same truck I drove while with my trainer while at TMC. It is not spec'd out for O/O like TMC's trucks, it is a working truck. I don't miss all that stuff anyways, well other than the CB and Radio/CD/MP3/Sat. I installed my own CB and I'll switch out the radio soon.

As this post is already becoming longer than I had anticipated I will give the basics and come back to it to post my actual numbers and experiences with ATS. If anyone has a specific question I will be happy to answer it.

We are paid mileage pay on a sliding scale depending on the length of the haul, anywhere from $1.50 to $.81. The shorter the haul the more money you make. Up to 399 miles you will receive $450.00 minimum. We are paid for all miles loaded and empty, but only get FSC for loaded miles.

We get 65% of the Over-Dimensional Charges and the other charges I'm forgetting the name of to go into Canada and New York City.

We get 100% of tarp charges, stop charges and Fuel Surcharge, based on a Fuel Index Rate for that week. Last week it was $.17 this week it is $.18.

There is no money down, plates and permits paid by ATS, passenger program from day one, pets allowed, weekly settlements , safety bonus and financing available on required equipment.

We pull a company trailer at no charge. These are flats, drop decks, double drop decks or RGN's, whatever is required for the job. All the trailers I have seen have been in very good condition or new.

I am on my third load now and just starting my second week. I needed to go home after orientaiton and I had 24 hours dead time in Ocala, FL. I am off to a good start this week, but deliver three stops in New Jersey on Monday and to Connecticut on Tuesday (maybe Monday.) I may get stuck, again, in the Northeast depending on freight.

I am hoping my experience with TMC will help me run a frugal business. I was able to keep my idle time to 8% and less, the last one was 4.76%. I was driving a 379 Pete and was getting between 6.25 and 6.75 mph. It is too early to tell what the trend is, but I seem to be getting at leat 6.75 mph with my 387.

Well, that is it for now. Next time I will post my actual fixed and variable cost and the numbers for the loads I have run so far.

Snowman7 03-29-2009 12:56 PM

While I'm never going to be a fan of leasing a truck I have heard good things about ATS. And like you (a former flatbedder) I would have an interest in learning heavy haul if I ever left LTL. I always remember your posts to be pretty intelligent so I'm sure you'll have as good a chance at success as anyone. Congrats and good luck Terry and keep us posted!:thumbsup:

freebirdrfd 03-29-2009 03:11 PM

definetly keep us posted. good luck, i hope it works out for you.

Creek Jackson 03-29-2009 04:06 PM

Very informative and well-written. Please keep it up and Best of Luck!

mudawg 03-29-2009 06:06 PM

I have a good friend that signed on to thier blanket wrap div. and while he doesn't make great money he is working a whole lot more than I am.It seems to be for the most he reloads within hours of unloading at most the next day seems to be the longest he waits unlike me waiting for up to several weeks to get reloaded.ATS seems to be doing alot better then most right now but like one of the above said leasing operator situations are something to be very leary of,if it works for that would be a great thing but,it would be the only L/O deal I have ever heard off in more than 20 years doing this being a positve thing for the operator.Good luck

coastie 03-30-2009 12:24 AM

I drove for ATS many years ago and made money. Yet I had a friend who went with them as a Lease Driver in the Flatbeds. He had a minor accident and was terminated after they made him deadhead from Charlotte NC back to St Cloud. So keep your nose clean and do not have a minor fender bender, it can cost you more than you think.

terrylamar 03-30-2009 01:41 AM

ATS Lease is for one year. I was assigned my truck on 3/19 and dispatched on 3/20 loading on the morning of the 21st. The actual lease dates are 3/21/09 to 4/20/09. That date may be a misprint, but it is what everyone signed. So, the lease is one year and one month.

There are no payment due for two weeks. This allows for us to have settlements due before payments become due.

My truck is a 2005 Peterbilt 387, Cat. engine, Meritor Drive Axle, Eaton Transmission (9 speed,) Merritt Cab Guard and has 10 Aluminum Wheels. It has the normal scratches and scrapes, but is in good shape. It had about 485,000 miles one it. They value it at $49,975.00.

At the end of one year I have the option to purchase it at $35,600.00. I am not thinking that far ahead and will do more investigating before I go that route.

The factory warranty is good up 500,000 miles. Obviously, I'll hit that mileage in a few weeks. ATS does offer a 30 day, unconditional warranty and will warranty the drive train components for the life of the lease.

Now to the numbers:

My weekly fixed cost are $610.36.

Escrow $75.00
Insurance
Contingent Non-Trucking Liability $40.00 per month.
Physical Damage $33.36/$154.00 (I opted for the supplemental ins.) per month.
Occupational Accident $155.00 per month.

Weekly $163.24

I don't understand this section:

Lower Deduction Physical Damage $33.36 monthly.
Reduciton of Charge Backs $86.52 Monthly.

Weekly Breakdown:

Auto Liability $11.68.
Cargo Liability $5.87.
Physical Damage Libility $2.42.

Truck Payment $400.00
Federal Highway Used Tax $11.00
Transaction Fee (Fuel Card, Advances, per use) $1.25
Tax Service $16.15
Maintenance Fund $0.065 per mile.
Tires $0.0185 per mile
Promisory Note (Sercurement equipment, until paid off) $0.04 per mile.
Qualcomm Rental $60.00 monthly.
Trippak (includes TransFo) $11.25 monthly.
Prepass $10.00 per month.

My variable expenses:

Maintenance Fund $0.065.
Tires $0.0185
Promissory Note $0.04
Fuel $2.20 gallon / 6.75 $0.33

Total $0.4535.

Keep it simple and figure I get $1.00 per mile.

Miles per week to pay fixxed expenses:

$610.36 x $1.00 = 610.36 miles.

Variable cost per mile for the week $0.4535.

My break even:

$1.00 minus $0.4535 = $0.5465.

$610.36 / $.5465 = 1116.883 Miles per week. Anything over 1116 miles per week is profit.

Hopefully I did this right. If I did, it is encouraging. Even in this economy I should be able to average that many miles.

Remember, in addition to mileage I get FSC, HAZMAT, OD, New York, Canada, Safety Bonus pay.

I'm sure someone can come along and check my figures. My head is spinning right now.

So far my loads have been:

# 1)

1600 miles @ $0.83
FSC $207.79

#2)

898 miles @ $1.01
OD $87.50
FSC $148.75

#3) (I'm currently on)

1271 miles @ $0.90
FSC $169.02
Stops $225.00

On paper I am making money, not getting rich, but not going into debt. I just have to keep my expenses under control.

Thing will get better as I get more comfortable with the system I am working under now.

I, also, need to accept the shorter, higher paying loads and seed out the loads with the higher additional pay.

I hope this hasn't been too confusing.

Mackman 03-31-2009 12:56 AM

I cant really help you. But i wish you the best of luck.:) You might need it.:thumbsup:

mike3fan 03-31-2009 01:31 AM

I have the same problem with this as I do with all L/P deals, at anytime the company can stop giving you loads and you have no recourse. I will be interested to see how your actual hub miles work out compared to what you have posted. Good luck and keep up the posting.

terrylamar 03-31-2009 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3fan (Post 444600)
I have the same problem with this as I do with all L/P deals, at anytime the company can stop giving you loads and you have no recourse. I will be interested to see how your actual hub miles work out compared to what you have posted. Good luck and keep up the posting.

While this is true, I haven't heard of it happening to any ATS drivers. I admit I haven't talked to every ATS driver.

With TMC my strategy was to have low out of route miles, now I am trying for the most fuel efficient route. I messed that up today by trying to avoid tolls and ended up wasting an hour on my shotcut.

My actual fuel mileage to date is 7 mph. I am happy with that, but challenge myself to improve.

mike3fan 03-31-2009 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrylamar (Post 444602)
My actual fuel mileage to date is 7 mph. I am happy with that, but challenge myself to improve.

That is fine, just don't get carried away trying to save .01cpm at the cost of lost productivity by missing more loads per week. There is a balance to be had, good luck.

terrylamar 03-31-2009 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3fan (Post 444609)
That is fine, just don't get carried away trying to save .01cpm at the cost of lost productivity by missing more loads per week. There is a balance to be had, good luck.

I try to be waiting at the consignee 1st thing in the morning by arriving the evening before. Although, this is not always possible, it sets me up to get unloaded early and on the board. I don't have to wait in long lines and puts me at the front of the line for loads. It, also, gives me the maximum amount of time to travel to the next consignee.

Now, I know I am preaching to the choir, like I said, I learned some good habits while with TMC.

I have a 70 mph truck, it sure is nice to have that extra when you need it.

I have been dispatched on 3769 miles
My actual miles are 4265.
A difference of 496 miles.
giving me an out of route of 11.63%
adjusted for my little side trip home 340 miles for 3.63% O/R.

Or to keep me real, it cost me approximately $108.30 to make that roundtrip. I can't afford to do that too often and will stick with home time under a load, just grabbing a day or two or even a few hours.

I have had load offers to San Antonio, TX and Corpus Christi, TX that would have taken me through the house with a few out of route miles. I would have had to sit over a weekend being nonproductive. I opted to make some money and find myself in Eastern CT.

terrylamar 04-01-2009 03:14 AM

Load #4)

Stroudsburg, PA to Sikeston, Mo.

Bounced 41 miles to swap required trailer.

180 miles to Shipper.

980 Miles to Consignee.

It is a single steel beam weighing 25,920 pounds.

1151 miles @ $0.90
Tarp fee $35.00
FSC $153.09.

Total $1223.99

This is a light load, so I should have decent fuel economy.

I pick it up on 4/01 and it delivers 4/03, I should be there the afternoon of the 2nd.

I had almost the same load offered earilier in the day, but was right in the middle of turning arround on a construction site road, holding up traffic. By the time I got turned arround and parked someone else has taken it.

I had one construction detour which added a few miles and forced me onto a toll road for about two miles that cost $16.75. I hate tolls.

Maybe, after I deliver this load I can find a load in the Midwest or West.

JR OTR 04-03-2009 12:17 AM

t

Hello Terry,

Interesting thread, hope you keep it up. I have a few comments I hope you'll find useful or at least stimulating:

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrylamar (Post 444471)
I don't understand this section:

Lower Deduction Physical Damage $33.36 monthly.
Reduciton of Charge Backs $86.52 Monthly.

Weekly Breakdown:

Auto Liability $11.68.
Cargo Liability $5.87.
Physical Damage Libility $2.42.

You should insist on having all aspects of your lease explained, to your satisfaction (preferably before signing). Leasing is a potentially hazardous financial experiment at best, no sense in keeping a quarter stick of dynamite in your back pocket that might decide to go off. Talk with the L/P person at ATS as soon as possible to have them explain this to you, in writing if necessary.

Quote:

Maintenance Fund $0.065 per mile.
Tires $0.0185 per mile

Transaction Fee (Fuel Card, Advances, per use) $1.25
Qualcomm Rental $60.00 monthly.
Trippak (includes TransFo) $11.25 monthly.
Prepass $10.00 per month.

The maint and tire escrows seem a bit high to me, even on the used truck you describe. I assume each escrow has a limit, once reached, where no more money is withheld?

The other four items are basically cost shifting on to your back from the company. Do they seriously charge you $1.25 to fuel your truck, or is that just if you want an advance?

Quote:

So far my loads have been:

# 1)

1600 miles @ $0.83
FSC $207.79

#2)

898 miles @ $1.01
OD $87.50
FSC $148.75

#3) (I'm currently on)

1271 miles @ $0.90
FSC $169.02
Stops $225.00

I notice you don't mention the deadhead miles for each load, or over what time period they cover. If I read the first one right, they only pay 83 cents per mile plus FSC for loads over a certain mileage threshhold? Especially considering they don't pay FSC on deadhead miles, that is extremely low.

I lease a truck from Hill Bros out of Omaha, Nebraska and post quarterly financials to my lease-purchase blog, link in the sig.

Good luck,

Jim

terrylamar 04-03-2009 03:35 AM

We are paid on a sliding scale.

LENGTH OF HAUL 0-12 Months with the Company

0-399 ($450 Min.) $1.50
400-599 1.07
600-899 1.01
900-1,1499 .90
1,500-1,899 .83
1,900-Over .81

After one year this will go up. I don't have those numbers handy. I am a class 4 driver, the lowest. Once I make Class 2, in addition to the regular mileage pay I will get $0.01 more and $0.02 for Class 1. Over Dimensional Pay is additional and so is Arb pay to go into Canada or New York City.

terrylamar 04-03-2009 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR OTR (Post 444917)
Hello Terry,

Interesting thread, hope you keep it up. I have a few comments I hope you'll find useful or at least stimulating:

Thanks, I can use all the help I can get.

Quote:

You should insist on having all aspects of your lease explained, to your satisfaction (preferably before signing). Leasing is a potentially hazardous financial experiment at best, no sense in keeping a quarter stick of dynamite in your back pocket that might decide to go off. Talk with the L/P person at ATS as soon as possible to have them explain this to you, in writing if necessary.
You are right. I know what all the totals are supposed to add up to, but I need them to show me as they wrote it out.

Quote:

The maint and tire escrows seem a bit high to me, even on the used truck you describe. I assume each escrow has a limit, once reached, where no more money is withheld?
I don't know, this is my first time around the block and have nothing else to compare it to. I don't mind the amounts. At the end of the lease I will get the unused portions back. No they do not have a limit. I cannot touch the Maintennance Accounts. The Escrow account, once I reach the minimum, I can borrow against. Once the Promissory Note is paid for, it stops.

Quote:

The other four items are basically cost shifting on to your back from the company. Do they seriously charge you $1.25 to fuel your truck, or is that just if you want an advance?
Yes and no, the charge is to use the card, just like any credit card, there are usage fees. I can combine and advance with fueling and have only one $1.25 charge. I can pay fuel in cash and have no charges. We are on the same fuel plan as the company drivers, so we save money on fuel, which more than offsets the $1.25 charge.

Quote:

I notice you don't mention the deadhead miles for each load, or over what time period they cover. If I read the first one right, they only pay 83 cents per mile plus FSC for loads over a certain mileage threshhold? Especially considering they don't pay FSC on deadhead miles, that is extremely low.
I can list the deadhead miles, I see no point. I add the miles up. I get paid for all miles. The FSC is for loaded miles only. They either reward you for less miles or punish you for more miles. They try to encourage short runs. What do you mean "or over what time period they cover?"

Quote:

I lease a truck from Hill Bros out of Omaha, Nebraska and post quarterly financials to my lease-purchase blog, link in the sig.

Good luck,

Jim
I'll check it out as soon as I get a chance. I'm sure I can find something that will help me.

terrylamar 04-03-2009 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrylamar (Post 444735)
Load #4)

Stroudsburg, PA to Sikeston, Mo.

Bounced 41 miles to swap required trailer.

180 miles to Shipper.

980 Miles to Consignee.

It is a single steel beam weighing 25,920 pounds.

1151 miles @ $0.90
Tarp fee $35.00
FSC $153.09.

Total $1223.99

This is a light load, so I should have decent fuel economy.

I pick it up on 4/01 and it delivers 4/03, I should be there the afternoon of the 2nd.

I had almost the same load offered earilier in the day, but was right in the middle of turning arround on a construction site road, holding up traffic. By the time I got turned arround and parked someone else has taken it.

I had one construction detour which added a few miles and forced me onto a toll road for about two miles that cost $16.75. I hate tolls.

Maybe, after I deliver this load I can find a load in the Midwest or West.

I delivered a full day early. I ran with a couple of other ATS drivers going to the same place. I pushed a little. I ran at 70 mph where possible and a little fast through the slow states. I'll have to see wat running fast did to my fuel mileage. The qualcomm gives me a running total, it was down to 5.8 for a while then went back up to 6.7. On average it may not have hurt too much. I will know when I fuel next. I think I'll just run by myself from now on.

I'm not sure if it did any good to deliver early, I haven't received any decent load offers yet. One was offered, but it didn't load until Friday at 2000 and delivered Monday 0800, 378 empty and 528 loaded. Not worth my time to sit most of the weekend if there is a chance to get a better load offer tonight or first thing in the morning.

solo379 04-03-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrylamar (Post 444932)
or New York City.

What do they pay for NYC, if you don't mind me asking...?

terrylamar 04-03-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solo379 (Post 444957)
What do they pay for NYC, if you don't mind me asking...?

They take a national average each week.

For the week 03/17/09 to 03/23/09 it was $0.17
For the week 03/24/09 to 03/30/09 it was $0.18
For the week 3/31/09 to 04/06/09 it is $0.21

JR OTR 04-03-2009 02:48 PM

I think the poster wanted to know how much NYC pay was, not the FSC.

Jim

terrylamar 04-03-2009 03:02 PM

Yeah, I read that wrong. I cannot tell you what NYC pay is, I have not delivered into NYC. Each load will pay differently, whatever contract was negociated. O/O and L/O who are treated exactly the same would get 65% of that. OD loads going into NYC pay quite well, this is on top of your mileage, FSC, tarp fees. I ran with one driver who made $500.00 for about 15 minutes work on an OD load. I know that isn't, exactly, what you are asking, sorry I couldn't be more help. Maybe in a couple of month after I have done a few I might be able to give you a better idea.

terrylamar 04-03-2009 04:03 PM

Well, here I sit at the Flying J in Matthews, MO. They keep offering me the same load, picking up from Memphis, TN and delivering to Marissa, IL. Short miles, but just over into the next pay scale. 415 miles @ $1.07 load pay $444.05. FSC $56.70. Tarp $150.

Total $650.75

I would have to sit all weekend, on the other hand I could be sitting here all weekend with a load.

dollarshort 04-03-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrylamar (Post 444978)
Well, here I sit at the Flying J in Matthews, MO. They keep offering me the same load, picking up from Memphis, TN and delivering to Marissa, IL. Short miles, but just over into the next pay scale. 415 miles @ $1.07 load pay $444.05. FSC $56.70. Tarp $150.

Total $650.75

I would have to sit all weekend, on the other hand I could be sitting here all weekend with a load.

I am sitting in MO today too. Earth City to be exact. Started loading @07:00 this morning and still have a couple hours to go. Rediculous!!!! Only good thing is it goes to Chandler, AZ. for Monday morning.
This just confirms on how much I hate minorites work ethics. They drag their ass all day then at 5:00 they will bust their ass so they can hit the bar, and I can fight all the traffic.

Orangetxguy 04-03-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrylamar (Post 444978)

Total $650.75

Something you might think about...on that type of an offer. It positions you in an area with better freight .... so better offers, behind it.

terrylamar 04-03-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 445006)
Something you might think about...on that type of an offer. It positions you in an area with better freight .... so better offers, behind it.

I do think about those things, but it is so close to where I am right now, I would be getting the same load offers.

I have been holding out all day for a weekend run. Looked hopeless. I jumped on a load offer from Menomonee Falls, WI to Milford, UT. I have to stop by our yard in Gary, IN to pick up a trailer. This will be my first time pulling a RGN.

I wanted to get out of the North East where I was for the last few days and all the load offers last night and today were taking me back to the the Northeast, so I jumped all over a load to UT. I was resigned to loose money sitting over the weekend, because the load doesn't pick up until Monday morning and delivers Thursday.

I called the shipper, anyway, and they will take me Saturday morning at 0700, and thanked me for being early and the consignee will take me whenever I get there. So, I went from loosing money sitting all weekend to making money, able to load next week and get out West. Now life will be complete if I can only find a Starbucks Coffee on the way.:)

terrylamar 04-04-2009 03:06 AM

I was on the way to pick up the RGN when I received a qualcomm message that the load was cancelled. Very disappointing. I ended up continuing to Mt. Vernon, IL. Now I have no load for the weekend, a slim possibility I might get a load tomorrow, picking up on Monday. I wouldn't get lay over pay if that happens before noon. Plus now I will not get my 34 hour restart.

Maybe on Monday I'll find out what happened.

Heavy Duty 04-04-2009 02:48 PM

What happened? They found someone closer with a RGN or they brokered it out.

Tobytob 04-05-2009 12:00 AM

What?

Posted by DOLLARSHORT - "This just confirms on how much I hate minorites work ethics." WHAT?

Last time I checked every ethinicity was lazy. Not Just Minorites!!! What kind of statement is that to make. What's wrong with people?

terrylamar 04-05-2009 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dollarshort (Post 445005)
I am sitting in MO today too. Earth City to be exact. Started loading @07:00 this morning and still have a couple hours to go. Rediculous!!!! Only good thing is it goes to Chandler, AZ. for Monday morning.
This just confirms on how much I hate minorites work ethics. They drag their ass all day then at 5:00 they will bust their ass so they can hit the bar, and I can fight all the traffic.

Simular to a situation I was in a few years ago. I has at the port in Houston, we arrived early in the morning and checked in. We waited all day for them to find our load. Everyone was moving slowly. Evidently, they work by the hour. This was on a Friday, payday. At noon I never saw such activity. Everyone was running to get their paycheck. After lunch it was back to the same slow pace. Then, once again, at just before 1700 the pace picked up again. They, absolutly, had to be out of the port by 1700, so did we, loaded or not. They, just happened to find our load, about 20' from where we sat all day.

jagerbomber3.0 04-05-2009 08:44 AM

Yeah, that Houston port needs a big sign out front that says hurry up and wait because we sure aint gonna hurry up and get you out of here.

dollarshort 04-05-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobytob (Post 445118)
Posted by DOLLARSHORT - "This just confirms on how much I hate minorites work ethics." WHAT?

Last time I checked every ethinicity was lazy. Not Just Minorites!!! What kind of statement is that to make. What's wrong with people?

What? The truth hurts? I must have hit a nerve a little close to home. I agree that every ethnicity is lazy for the most part, but I have alot more trouble with minorities than others. (Unless they are union workers)
Then we are in big trouble.
Let me guess? You must be a minority? Let me give you something else that chaps my *****. This past week I received a letter in the mail concerning the class action lawsuit against WalMart and their discrimination case against black truckers. When I opened the letter the first thing I read was "If you are not black this letter does not pertain to you, please throw away." What for crap is that? Then why even send me the letter? Sorry but I have just had it with all minorities that think "the man" owes them something. Just shut up, do your job, and quit asking for government cheese.

asdfghjkl 04-05-2009 12:59 PM

I work with 2 Jamaicans that are great guys and hard working as well. For someone to say that minorities are lazy is as ignorant as someone saying that truckers are fat, stupid, lazy coked up cowboys.

DaveP 04-05-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagerbomber3.0 (Post 445157)
Yeah, that Houston port needs a big sign out front that says hurry up and wait because we sure aint gonna hurry up and get you out of here.

I just put on my crazy face...talk about aliens abducting me when I was six nonstop...oh yeah, and touch them a lot when I talk and I usually get loaded and have paperwork in hand inside 2 hours.

Works like a charm.

Snowman7 04-05-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveP (Post 445191)
I just put on my crazy face...talk about aliens abducting me when I was six nonstop...oh yeah, and touch them a lot when I talk and I usually get loaded and have paperwork in hand inside 2 hours.

Works like a charm.

LMAO!:rofl:

solo379 04-05-2009 04:00 PM

About "minority's"...don't know, if Chinese counts.
That was quiet some time ago, i was a company driver, and dispatch send me to pick up a load. Supposed to be hand loaded, so he told me;-Call me in a couple hours, let me know, how it's going....
20 minutes later, I've called him;-Joe, I'm all done here, hand loaded, front to rear, top to bottom 53' box...They had nothing, but handcart...

Tobytob 04-05-2009 05:14 PM

Hilarious

Quote:

Originally Posted by dollarshort (Post 445168)
What? The truth hurts? I must have hit a nerve a little close to home. I agree that every ethnicity is lazy for the most part, but I have alot more trouble with minorities than others. (Unless they are union workers)
Then we are in big trouble.
Let me guess? You must be a minority? Let me give you something else that chaps my *****. This past week I received a letter in the mail concerning the class action lawsuit against WalMart and their discrimination case against black truckers. When I opened the letter the first thing I read was "If you are not black this letter does not pertain to you, please throw away." What for crap is that? Then why even send me the letter? Sorry but I have just had it with all minorities that think "the man" owes them something. Just shut up, do your job, and quit asking for government cheese.

Man, please!!! Let me tell you something about this situation. You're making a complete fool of yourself. Persons are lazy becuase of bad management. Lazy is lazy. It starts from the top of the job chain. That building you're loading @ has supervisors who aren't doing they're job. I find it had to believe that only minorites are lazy. I've been places where the majority takes all day to load me. How do you explain that? I guess you wouldn't call that lazy, just slow right?

The problem is people like you. Your outlook on other ethincity's is negative. You feed into all this BS out here about other races. I understand you fear things you don't know about, that's why you talk so negative about them.

Have you ever thought about how many people have donated kidneys and such to people of different nationalties. I bet you never gave that anythought huh? If you had a young child and they were sick, I bet you wouldn't care where that kidney came from you just want them to get a good kidney. Ponder on that for a min and tell me I am wrong.

People are prdoucts of their enviroment, and you can't blame those who can't process that information and turn it into good. This is why I have no hard feelings toward how ignorant you are. You don't know any better.

Oh yeah, you can never push a button. I understand who and what your about and I don't even know you.
Drivers like you get a hard on when you talk trash on the CB. But in the truck stop you won't even look in the direction of someone. it's ok we all know a coward when we hear them.

dollarshort 04-05-2009 06:13 PM

Talk about rediculous?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobytob (Post 445251)
Man, please!!! Let me tell you something about this situation. You're making a complete fool of yourself. Persons are lazy becuase of bad management. Lazy is lazy. It starts from the top of the job chain. That building you're loading @ has supervisors who aren't doing they're job. I find it had to believe that only minorites are lazy. I've been places where the majority takes all day to load me. How do you explain that? I guess you wouldn't call that lazy, just slow right?

The problem is people like you. Your outlook on other ethincity's is negative. You feed into all this BS out here about other races. I understand you fear things you don't know about, that's why you talk so negative about them.

Have you ever thought about how many people have donated kidneys and such to people of different nationalties. I bet you never gave that anythought huh? If you had a young child and they were sick, I bet you wouldn't care where that kidney came from you just want them to get a good kidney. Ponder on that for a min and tell me I am wrong.

People are prdoucts of their enviroment, and you can't blame those who can't process that information and turn it into good. This is why I have no hard feelings toward how ignorant you are. You don't know any better.

Oh yeah, you can never push a button. I understand who and what your about and I don't even know you.
Drivers like you get a hard on when you talk trash on the CB. But in the truck stop you won't even look in the direction of someone. it's ok we all know a coward when we hear them.

First off I have no problem telling you that I am a racist and proud of it. It's not that I don't know any better, or even that I don't understand. I am speaking from lifes' past experiences. That's all. I will give anyone a chance to make a good impression but I am still waiting for one to come from someone like yourself.

Here is a good question for you. Why is it that anytime a minority does something special that want to be recognized as the first ***** person to do that? If they want to be treated equal then why do we have to make a big deal out of it?

Also....I was watching the Price is Right on my day off last week. There was a black lady that won her way on stage to participate in a game. Why couldn't she stand up under her own power? And why is it that after she made such as scene and was able to finally stand, then she couldn't stopp dancing and waving her arms to be noticed even more? Was there some music playing that us white people couldn't hear?

This is what I am talking about. blend in and stop making a scene.

I apologize for hijacking this thread and I will gladly talk with you through PM's. I have nothing to be ashamed of or hide from.

mike3fan 04-05-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dollarshort (Post 445263)
I have nothing to be ashamed of or hide from.

I would have to disargee with you there.

Kurbski 04-05-2009 07:20 PM

Why not start your own thread?

Tobytob, Damage is already done.

Quote:

First off I have no problem telling you that I am a racist and proud of it. It's not that I don't know any better, or even that I don't understand. I am speaking from lifes' past experiences. That's all. I will give anyone a chance to make a good impression but I am still waiting for one to come from someone like yourself.

Here is a good question for you. Why is it that anytime a minority does something special that want to be recognized as the first ***** person to do that? If they want to be treated equal then why do we have to make a big deal out of it?

Also....I was watching the Price is Right on my day off last week. There was a black lady that won her way on stage to participate in a game. Why couldn't she stand up under her own power? And why is it that after she made such as scene and was able to finally stand, then she couldn't stopp dancing and waving her arms to be noticed even more? Was there some music playing that us white people couldn't hear?

I apologize for hijacking this thread and I will gladly talk with you through PM's. I have nothing to be ashamed of or hide from.

Orangetxguy 04-05-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

You should take your own advice.