Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   The Turbo 3000 smoothed out my idle (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/36054-turbo-3000-smoothed-out-my-idle.html)

lowrange 11-01-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter777 (Post 421074)
So very true!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See above.

BigDiesel 11-01-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowrange (Post 421073)
Well, it was a point for point, substantive debate.

I understand how it is, though. Some people feel so insignificant they just get giddy whenever they have an opportunity to feel superior to anyone else. Big Diesel, did I ever take the time to congratulate you for the way you handled and drove off that 18 year old high school student Double L? Dude, you are so superior. :thumbsup:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Why don't you go over to the twuckers report and read his fantasy land posts of buying a truck, getting his authority, and goin' flatbeddin' !!!:lol2:

You probably worship the hobby trucker also....:lol::lol:

dobry4u 11-01-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel (Post 421079)

Why don't you go over to the twuckers report and read his fantasy land posts of buying a truck, getting his authority, and goin' flatbeddin' !!!:lol2:

I do have to remember to mark my calendar for the monthly BigDMS :hellno:

boneebone 11-01-2008 07:04 PM

Frankly, I don't buy into the BS garbage of Turbo 3000, Lucas Oil, etc, etc, sounds like another snakeoil scam, but to each their own.

lowrange 11-01-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel (Post 421079)

I used to get a lot of pm's from Double L, I liked Larry. All the naked ladies on the internet he could have been looking at and he's planning five years out to buy a truck. ;)

I just want to get to the bottom of this thing. Rutherford does not sell other peoples' stuff on his radio program nearly as much most of the shows on broadcast radio. I don't think I'm wrong about him personally. If I'm not, I've got to reconcile his endorsement of this little gadget versus the reality.

I'll definitely check, probably later today I'll do my first post installation fill up.

lowrange 11-01-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boneebone (Post 421081)
Frankly, I don't buy into the BS garbage of Turbo 3000, Lucas Oil, etc, etc, sounds like another snakeoil scam, but to each their own.

On the surface, nobody likes the way it sounds. The whole question is, is this one of those rare occasions when things aren't quite as they seem?

BigDiesel 11-01-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobry4u (Post 421080)
I do have to remember to mark my calendar for the monthly BigDMS :hellno:

Another one who prefers to have " Sunshine blown up their skirt " rather than the cold hard truth.......:roll3:

lowrange 11-01-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel (Post 421086)
Another one who prefers to have " Sunshine blown up their skirt " rather than the cold hard truth.......:roll3:

You're not going to give it up, huh? Well, you're not going to run me off like that high school kid, I don't care how rough and tough you are.

BigDiesel 11-01-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowrange (Post 421087)
Well, you're not going to run me off like that high school kid, I don't care how rough and tough you are.

That is a big weight off my shoulders !!!! :clap:

I was tossing, turning and fretting last night as to whether you will continue to post at CAD....... :jump:

rgordon212 11-01-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowrange (Post 421042)
It was Rutherford that told me to take these deep lug tires off my truck, no one else did. I haven't done it yet because of the changeover cost but I don't think I'll buy another set. I won't buy Bridgestones with their high rolling resistance either.

Bad choice IMHO..... I have had the same set of M726EL 22.5LP tires on my truck for over 500,000 miles and not a single problem, and they are still at 5/32 on the tread. For the cost of NOT having to buy new tires for 4 years, i say they are WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!!!

Let me guess, your going to put all steer tires on your truck then like he suggests?

Have fun in the winter, or even 1/4" of wet pavement.... I think saftley is worth the .1mpg at best!

As for the 3000D, I have it on all 3 of my tractors and it made a .5mpg difference on 2 of them over the corse of 2 years now, the Pete didnt show any difference but with 700 ponies under the hood, not much will, so i just pull the high$$$$ freight to make up for it :cool: