Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Cows driving trucks (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/34543-cows-driving-trucks.html)

BigDiesel 07-11-2008 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotSteve
I had a woman from Reno come out to visit me in New Hampshire.

Uh......... NotSteve, it is less expensive if you go to the " Ranch ", and more of a selection....

Savvy ???? :wink:

Kurbski 07-11-2008 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMAN
Quote:

We went for a drive in the country in my convertible and she got so scared we had to return home on the highway. She had never experienced so many trees in her life and we were basically driving in a constant tunnel of trees which totally freaked her out.

Are you sure it wasn't your driving? :P

He's just driving with his knee, using his gps and and listening to Barry White while posting on CAD.
Multi tasking hobby truckers rule. 8)

rank 07-11-2008 03:17 AM

sounds like a beef operation.

I've been to a few dairy farms that;
-have ~7500 cows,
-milk 24-7-365,
-feed 2 tractor trailer loads of hay every day,
-have a vet on staff that does 10 c-sections a week,
-produce all their own electricity using a metane powered 25KW generator

amazing stuff

arky 07-11-2008 05:13 AM

When driving for Maverick, I delivered a load of hay to a dairy. The guy that unloaded me got to talking about bio-fuels and such. Although they didn't have it there, he was telling me of some of the dairy farmers who were taking advantage of all the methane gas emiited from the manure. I don't recall how they were using it, but I would think to run a generator would be one of the best uses.

During the conversation, he also told me how every farmer in the area knew full well what an absolute joke ethanol is...but they were planting everything they had in corn simply because the ethanol boom was pushing corn prices up.

This was in west/central IL, just east of St. Louis.

tweety bird 07-18-2008 02:06 AM

Re: Cows driving trucks

Quote:

I always wondered about cow farmers and how they are raised. I thought they were artificially inseminated.

Are all cow farmers artificially inseminated?

DaveP 07-18-2008 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweety bird
Quote:

I always wondered about cow farmers and how they are raised. I thought they were artificially inseminated.

LOL...!

I don't think so...but then again, a gay farmer in Maine once told me it's not a good idea to bend over in his barn :shock:

golfhobo 07-24-2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweety bird
Quote:

(beat me to it!) :lol:

But, no..... SOME of them made the mistake of bending over in the barn! :shock: :lol: :lol: