Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   A day in the life of a hobby trucker (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/34351-day-life-hobby-trucker.html)

NotSteve 08-20-2008 08:43 AM

Just crossed over into Ohio about 1/2 an hour ago and now at the tolls. Making a cup of coffee then back to it. Another 150 or so then it's nap time!

Well well well, looks like I may see Rev on the other side and a showdown with Bandit is starting to look promising. I'm thinking I'll make it to the border of Iowa today and maybe the Iowa80 truck stop but not sure about that. I get to pace myself since I can't unload until Saturday morning so no need to rush and especially with the time changes.

Rev.Vassago 08-20-2008 01:54 PM

You won't be seeing me today. I'm taking my good sweet natured time getting going today, and I'm still up in Michigan. :lol:

Maybe by noon I'll feel like actually moving. Damn allergies are kicking my ass.

Twilight Flyer 08-20-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

I'm thinking I'll make it to the border of Iowa today
Wave when you drive through Iowa City. :P

NotSteve 08-20-2008 07:54 PM

I'm at the Iowa80. Come on over TF. I'll kick your azz. I need a bit of trainning before I take on Bandit. :shock:

Twilight Flyer 08-20-2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

I'll kick your azz.
And then you woke up and apologized for even dreaming such a blasphemous thought.

Who am I?

I'm Batman!

:P

NotSteve 08-20-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
You won't be seeing me today. I'm taking my good sweet natured time getting going today, and I'm still up in Michigan. :lol:

Maybe by noon I'll feel like actually moving. Damn allergies are kicking my ass.

I'm starting to think that's what I have. I feel light headed today. It's either that or I didn't eat until just a little while ago.

Twilight Flyer 08-20-2008 07:58 PM

BTW, let me amend my original post...

Wave when you drive through Iowa City so I can flip you the bird.

:P :P :P

NotSteve 08-20-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Quote:

I'll kick your azz.
And then you woke up and apologized for even dreaming such a blasphemous thought.

Who am I?

I'm Batman!

:P

lol....I've about had it anyways. 650 miles and I'm ready for bed now!!!
Everyone I talk to says they drive 500 a day. I always thought I was a lightweight only doing that????

NotSteve 08-20-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
BTW, let me amend my original post...
Wave when you drive through Iowa City so I can flip you the bird.
:P :P :P

lol

rank 08-21-2008 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotSteve
I was just down at my truck and a flatbedder from Canada was next door unloading. I stopped and talked to him and he said he would like to get his own authority but could not afford the insurance.

Now, get this....He is leased on to a carrier and still pays $17,000 for insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's what I keep telling you. It's $11,000 a truck + $1,500 per flatbed trailer....with a clean record.