Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   A day in the life of a hobby trucker (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/34351-day-life-hobby-trucker.html)

Rev.Vassago 06-22-2008 11:43 PM

I demand a thread title change.

BigDiesel 06-23-2008 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
I demand a thread title change.

Here's one .....

" From desk to authority pt. 5 "

Just an idea....

Kranky 06-23-2008 12:41 AM

How about (from his last post);

Quote:

but I'll always opt for the biggest I can get.
:shock:

NotSteve 06-23-2008 05:51 AM

From dek to own authority part 5

For some reason it won't let me change the title or I don't remember how?

GMAN 06-23-2008 11:18 AM

It looks like someone figured out how to change it.

Rev.Vassago 06-23-2008 12:07 PM

I don't like this title. I demand another title change.

EDIT:
A day in the life of a hobby trucker works.
Thank you, management.

Twilight Flyer 06-23-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Ya know, you perverts. I was thinking after I typed that but then I thought, naw, they won't go down that route. WRONG
You thought THAT with THIS group?!?

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! :wink:

Seriously, good to hear things are working out for you, Steve.

Now, can you please post a running commentary on what happens when you have a week off? Big Diesel tried that, but we all caught on that he was full of crap and called him on it. We need to see a thread on a true Hobby Time-Offer.

;)

Rev.Vassago 06-23-2008 02:42 PM

With exact numbers too please. No rounding off.

NotSteve 06-23-2008 08:34 PM

Well, I'm sitting here in Eagle Pass Texas about 120 miles away from unloading in the morning. I already have a load lined up about 10 miles from where I drop off going to within 98 miles of my home. It's paying $5,100 on 2097 miles.

Once I'm loaded up I'll make arrangements to have my local shop order a new radiator so it's ready when I get home.

The wind was killer coming across Texas today. At one point I was going down hill with a top speed of 60mph and my foot to the floor. The wind passing by even with the windows rolled up was deafening.

I look Rt 90 most of the way instead of the main roads. I think I left at least 25 dead rabbits along the way. They would wait until I was just passing then they would make a mad dash for my rear trailer tandems.

I've also discovered a new thing to do with the deer. They stand right on the edge of the road and they don't move like I don't see them, right. As soon as I'm within 5 feet of them I lay on the air horn. They jump straight up in the air at least 5 feet!!!!

It's 99 degrees outside right now. I don't know how people without the ability to idle can survive. It must be over 150 inside their trucks!!! It's 73 inside mine at the moment with the Rigmaster running. I discovered that I had to buy the privacy curtains to close off the front of the cab. That cuts down the area to cool by almost half.

Rev.Vassago 06-23-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotSteve
Well, I'm sitting here in Eagle Pass Texas about 120 miles away from unloading in the morning. I already have a load lined up about 10 miles from where I drop off going to within 98 miles of my home. It's paying $5,100 on 2097 miles.

I repeat: no rounding off. Thx, mgmt.

Quote:

I look Rt 90 most of the way instead of the main roads. I think I left at least 25 dead rabbits along the way. They would wait until I was just passing then they would make a mad dash for my rear trailer tandems.
They were clearly suicidal. You are the Jack Kevorkian of truck drivers.

Quote:

I've also discovered a new thing to do with the deer. They stand right on the edge of the road and they don't move like I don't see them, right. As soon as I'm within 5 feet of them I lay on the air horn. They jump straight up in the air at least 5 feet!!!!
That's funny until one of them runs straight for your truck, like the damn deer did when I laid on my jake.