Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   A day in the life of a hobby trucker (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/34351-day-life-hobby-trucker.html)

Twilight Flyer 07-16-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Yes Twilight, yet another hobby trucker and we're all going to work for Heartland Express!!! Who do we call?
1-800-JBHUNT

Really, it's us. I promise. :P

geomon 07-16-2008 02:20 PM

Steve wrote:
Quote:

...Nothing more needs to be done. It's running great now
Did you fix the shaking problem (no..not too much coffee :P ) from earlier? What did it turn out to be?

NotSteve 07-16-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geomon
Did you fix the shaking problem (no..not too much coffee :P ) from earlier? What did it turn out to be?

No, it still happens when I'm not loaded and even worse when I'm bobtail. My ride height valve is being replaced tomorrow also so we'll see if it's that.

Doghouse 07-17-2008 12:06 AM

Steve, when they change out your radiator, you should have them replace every rubber coolant line on your truck,..I mean every one. No matter how small and hard to get at, and check the coolant tubes as well, they rust in places that you can't see.
It seems like overkill, but you will have a hose failure soon,..your over 500,000 miles right?

Doghouse 07-17-2008 12:17 AM

By the way,..can anyone help with my "road test" ? I need a driver to sign a paper for the Florida DOT that states the you rode with me and find my abilities as a drive to be sufficient. It has to be a driver that has had a CDL for more than two years. If you can,..PM me and I'll give you the details. Thers a $50.00 Flying J gift card in it for you.

Rev.Vassago 07-17-2008 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doghouse
By the way,..can anyone help with my "road test" ? I need a driver to sign a paper for the Florida DOT that states the you rode with me and find my abilities as a drive to be sufficient. It has to be a driver that has had a CDL for more than two years. If you can,..PM me and I'll give you the details. Thers a $50.00 Flying J gift card in it for you.

I'll sign it - you can even email it to me, and I can email it right back. No gift card necessary.

Doghouse 07-17-2008 01:12 AM

Thanks Rev, whats your address? I'll send you the thong instead of the gift card :lol:

NotSteve 07-17-2008 04:43 AM

Quote:

Steve, when they change out your radiator, you should have them replace every rubber coolant line on your truck,..I mean every one. No matter how small and hard to get at, and check the coolant tubes as well, they rust in places that you can't see.
It seems like overkill, but you will have a hose failure soon,..your over 500,000 miles right?

When I first bought the truck I had the shop replace all the rubber coolant lines. One was leaking so I had them all done. I think the coolant tubes will go today also.

RostyC 07-17-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Funny you bring that up, last night I was reading the FMCSA book and part of my driver qualification file must contain a road test not given by myself. It seemed liked there might be a way around it but I'd rather not take the chance. I'm trying to get started in a few months. If Rev hasn't done so already Doghouse if you'll sign mine I'll sign yours.......... Geez, feel like I'm back in school...... :lol:

Doghouse 07-17-2008 12:01 PM

Let me know when you're ready Rosty, I'll do your road test. Rev hooked me up already. For 30 miles he tried to light my truck on fire :?