Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Who let the dog,now with pic's page 4 (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/30996-who-let-dog-now-pics-page-4-a.html)

Doghouse 12-01-2007 12:54 PM

I skipped the Sunpass because I don't plan on being in Florida on the toll roads. I don't even know how much I will like useing the transponder,...I really don't trust it, but the sales guy said that it works great so I'll try it for a month or two and go from there.

Doghouse 12-01-2007 01:14 PM

What did you get your tire chains, and what is the cost?
I saw a set of cables, but I think colorado requires at least one set of chains and one set of cables,..or just all chains.

tootie04 12-01-2007 03:38 PM

Hey there DH glad to see you made it out!! Be careful out there looks like the weather is going to suck for the next few days.

We are heading to CA from OR to escape the nothwest storm that is coming in up here.

Bo says he does not mind chaining up BUT I would rather take a beating!! :evil: :evil:

tootie

tootie04 12-01-2007 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavy Duty
Sounds like what we need, one more hobby trucker.

Steve is the hobby trucker and Bo and I are the pro tourists.....since DH's truck is kinda experimental and high tech he can be the "High Tech Redneck" trucker. 8) 8) :wink:

ootie

12-01-2007 06:19 PM

The PrePass works great although it blinks for 15 minutes after you pass the weigh station in case there is a discrepancy the DOT can see you did get a green light. I can't remember which states but Arizona is one of them that you need to send a copy of your Arizona permit to PrePass so they can enable it to work for that state. I think there are a few others also.

You should get chains for your trailer and tractor and make some hangers so the DOT in Colorado can see them. You need to go through a dry run at home and put them on because you may have to trim extra links off. Not too bad with a pair of vise gripes and a hacksaw. If you get chains, get them with the half moon cams in them so they are easier to put on. Also buy some short rubber bungee straps that fit just right to tighten the chains. I ordered some special ones just for chains. They have a little rubber circle in the middle with 8 rubber fingers with hooks on the ends. Real nice!!

mike3fan 12-01-2007 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tootie04
I would rather take a beating!!

Why are all the good girls taken?

RostyC 12-01-2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3fan
Quote:

Originally Posted by tootie04
I would rather take a beating!!

Why are all the good girls taken?

http://www.bakabanashi.com/icons/spankme.gif

Sonny Pruitt 12-01-2007 08:51 PM

There are 48 states you can run why would you go to states that need chains?

WHAT'S WITH ALL THESE NEW O/O AND THEIR OBSESSION WITH RUNNING CHAINS AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

You have an old truck
that sub zero weather will take its toll on old parts
like I said before there are hand grenades with their pin pulled all over that truck
you have to baby it
you have old axles,gears etc
go ahead and start hammering them with chains and see what happens

your plan should be to break even in winter
(survival mode)
then kick some butt in spring when there is $$ to be made

you need to stay reasaonably close to your home 20 with an old truck

until the bugs are shaken out

mike3fan 12-01-2007 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonny Pruitt
There are 48 states you can run why would you go to states that need chains?

WHAT'S WITH ALL THESE NEW O/O AND THEIR OBSESSION WITH RUNNING CHAINS AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

You have an old truck
that sub zero weather will take its toll on old parts
like I said before there are hand grenades with their pin pulled all over that truck
you have to baby it
you have old axles,gears etc
go ahead and start hammering them with chains and see what happens

(survival mode)

YUP

rank 12-02-2007 04:08 AM

Quote:

(survival mode)

Yup +1.
Except I would modify it by saying TAKE THE WINTER OFF. ESPECIALLY WITH THESE RATES.