Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   afro americans (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/30696-afro-americans.html)

xcarsalesman 11-13-2007 12:17 PM

afro americans

im not tryin to cause a debate, are there any african americans o/o on this forum. If so, how is the business doing? If not do anyone know a african american o/o, and how is there business going. Like i said before i am not tryin to start a debate or anything off topic.

Rev.Vassago 11-13-2007 12:38 PM

:shock:

tootie04 11-13-2007 02:12 PM

What difference does it make?? I know some black guys who are O/O and they do very well. It is not the color of your skin it is how you run your business.

tootie

xcarsalesman 11-13-2007 02:35 PM

i knew i would get this feed back, like i said before, i wasn't trying to start a debate! it was just a simple question. Either yes or no! I know its a touchy subject, that's why i asked the question. Now, i know my on answer to my own question.

brian 11-13-2007 02:58 PM

his towns name is brown summit, BWAHAHAHA

xcarsalesman 11-13-2007 03:08 PM

thats it keep em comming! i got a since of humor! Still waiting on a positive responce.

RostyC 11-13-2007 03:21 PM

I saw one once, but I was askeert and kept my distance. :shock:

brian 11-13-2007 03:53 PM

no one was giving you shit your question was just a bit odd, skin tone does not matter in the trucking industry, people from all walks of life succeed and fail.

Rev.Vassago 11-13-2007 04:53 PM

Re: afro americans

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcarsalesman
im not tryin to cause a debate, are there any african americans o/o on this forum. If so, how is the business doing? If not do anyone know a african american o/o, and how is there business going. Like i said before i am not tryin to start a debate or anything off topic.

I don't know any Americans originally from Africa that are O/O's. But then again, I don't make it a habit of finding out if someone emigrated into this country from Africa, nor do I see why it would matter anyway.

tinman789 11-13-2007 05:16 PM

well...

ok i tried to stay out of it. but...i'm african american and the man is asking a legit question. but everyone is right as well. it is an odd question to a white person. but when i worked for ffe, that says a lot in itself...not a good example, in addition to holding back loads for their personal trucks, the dispatchers would hold loads for white guys. some black as well. but far more white. i asked for a load, was told they had nothing, and before i could leave, the guy was offering a magic load to another driver. i had a trailer and he didn't so i got it after bitching. but it does happen!!!

however, each and every driver is responsible for his/her relation with dispatch. do you refuse a lot of loads, bitch and moan a lot, screw around in truckstops, constantly tun in bad logs? then they have a reason to shank you. black or white.

it's all attitude. you give good service, realize that everyone has a bad day, don;t make promises that you can't keep, then you'll move upi the ladder of seniority and priority. i pitched a fit, a small one, getting loud doesn't do you any good, because the guy lied to me. he could have said maybe, i got a guy who's supposed to get one but..., whatever. but i didn't buy a truck to get jerked around. so i spoke up.

last thing i'll say is don't go making issues where there aren't any that are really bigger than anywhere else. do your job, don't cause a bunch of crap, stay out of other people's business, and you'll do fine. oh be friendly.

speed safely y'all
tinman