Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Hello/ info on Containers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/27604-hello-info-containers.html)

jokerpop 06-10-2007 04:53 PM

Hello/ info on Containers

Hi All. Been reading CAD for a year now and must say a lota good info. I run NJ,NY,Pa,De and MD. As a company driver for the last 18 months. Getting ready to put my 1993 T600 on the road.Looking to Lease on with a company. looking at Container Port Group and Bridge Terminal Transport. Any info good or bad ? Anyone running with them? Hey She's a old truck and I need to start some where. So any info is good. Thanks

BigDiesel 06-10-2007 06:06 PM

An old truck and yanking cans.... you'll fit right in.

marcel27208 06-10-2007 08:24 PM

BTT is probably the biggest container hauler in the US, the pay with them is ok for pulling cans, good part is your home daily and get to pick where/when you want to run, you gotta have your own plates with BTT, my best friend ran with them here in charlotte and he enjoyed them, only reason he left was to get his own authority,any more questions let me know...thanks

jokerpop 06-10-2007 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel
An old truck and yanking cans.... you'll fit right in.

LOL, Good point ! But the old girls looking good.

jokerpop 06-10-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcel27208
BTT is probably the biggest container hauler in the US, the pay with them is ok for pulling cans, good part is your home daily and get to pick where/when you want to run, you gotta have your own plates with BTT, my best friend ran with them here in charlotte and he enjoyed them, only reason he left was to get his own authority,any more questions let me know...thanks

Thanks, Talked to a O/O in Milford,De last week and he had a lot for good this to say about BTT. He runs NC to north Jersey,Home time was good and Very happy with the $$$$ . He just drops and hooks and is having a good time.

As for me I'm happier running then sitting at home. Sitting at home don't pay the bills.. Thanks

marcel27208 06-10-2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jokerpop
Quote:

Originally Posted by marcel27208

Thanks, Talked to a O/O in Milford,De last week and he had a lot for good this to say about BTT. He runs NC to north Jersey,Home time was good and Very happy with the $$$$ . He just drops and hooks and is having a good time.

As for me I'm happier running then sitting at home. Sitting at home don't pay the bills.. Thanks

ok good, depending on the terminal you want to run out of you can be home whenever you want to, they also have plenty of need for local drivers, or you can driver OTR/regional.... Good luck

sidman82 06-11-2007 10:01 PM

Does anybody know how they pay? By the mile, load, or what. I would like to know what guys are making with them?(money-wise). I live pretty close to the Jersey terminal. I see at least 30 guys a day driving around from them. I always like to have a backup plan.

brian 06-11-2007 10:46 PM

I know a few guys who do it around portland and seattle and the consensus is clearing a few hundred a day is definetely doable.

rognre 06-13-2007 05:58 AM

pulling containers is the arm pit of trucking.i know i do it everyday.

mike3fan 06-13-2007 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rognre
pulling containers is the arm pit of trucking.i know i do it everyday.

The job is not that bad,but the way you are treated by others does make you feel second class,I worked for BTT for 4 years and really enjoyed it but I worked out of the Michigan area and didn't have to go to the NJ ports much,they are not very fun to go to.