Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 97 of 178
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   High-Seas to Highways (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/27514-high-seas-highways.html)

devildice 06-17-2008 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by dewercs2:
Just got off the phone with Schneider who looked up my app and said sorry, can't hire you... "you had a rollover in 11/07? We require a rollover to be more then 15 yrs old. :sad:
Well there went my idea of doing intermodal...... Damn.

ouch........that sounds pretty bad when a mega carrier says no. I am confident you'll land something decent, just hang in there.

dewercs2 06-17-2008 05:34 AM

Whats even worse is that I can't even get the Swift recruiter in Fontana to call me back. :oops: :cry: :shock:
I heard they needed a couple drivers for their Dedicated Lowes Account. The DC is up in Beaumont next to the hwy10/60 about 18 miles from home. The driver I spoke to told me to call the Swift Ph number and get to the flatbed recruiter. :oops:
I've been hearing a lot of I know this person or I think I can get you a job I'll let you know cuz I know the head guy at this trucking place... :?

So how goes it with you??

Paul

devildice 06-17-2008 01:44 PM

Whats even worse is that I can't even get the Swift recruiter in Fontana to call me back. :oops: :cry: :shock:
I heard they needed a couple drivers for their Dedicated Lowes Account. The DC is up in Beaumont next to the hwy10/60 about 18 miles from home. The driver I spoke to told me to call the Swift Ph number and get to the flatbed recruiter. :oops:
I've been hearing a lot of I know this person or I think I can get you a job I'll let you know cuz I know the head guy at this trucking place... :?

Paul

Well like I said, just hang in there and I am sure something good will come your way......hopefully sooner than later.

As for me I am doing fine, still just pluging away. Been on a "hot streak" lately in that I have re-loaded on the same day I've unloaded. I unloaded yesterday in Seattle and for the first time in about 4 weeks had to wait a whole day to re-load :wink:

Anyways, just hang in there and keep us posted.

steelhauler2008 06-17-2008 09:28 PM

Hey DD,I am going back on the road.Owner closed down the vending business.In the process of buying a Pete and leasing to a small company here in Texas.They haul parts for these wind farms.Flatbed loads pay $2.50 per mile and O.D Loads pay $3.50.They pay for all permits and insurance except for bobtail.Mainly cover Texas,Ok, Kansas and Nebraska. A few Cali.loads.The back hauls are wind turbine parts and pay the same as above.Most back hauls are no tarp and pre loaded.Everything is in writing,I had my Lawyer look over the contract and everything is cool.Should start next week.

Ronin 06-18-2008 01:27 AM

Congrats on the new job just remember to watch those cloverleafs when hauling props.

dewercs2 06-19-2008 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by devildice:

Paul

Well like I said, just hang in there and I am sure something good will come your way......hopefully sooner than later.

As for me I am doing fine, still just pluging away. Been on a "hot streak" lately in that I have re-loaded on the same day I've unloaded. I unloaded yesterday in Seattle and for the first time in about 4 weeks had to wait a whole day to re-load :wink:

Anyways, just hang in there and keep us posted.

Thanks Greg,

Thought hanging out at home for a few days would be nice... But not half a year. Trying to find something local if not regional but not having the luck. I think I might try Watkins Shepherd and see if they have regioanl flat bed or if its only for van.
Anyways.. Glad to see your running good I still need to give GFI and GFIw a buzz... I keep saying I'll do it later today and then I forget. :lol:

How are the roads going through the flood area's, any big detours?

Take it easy,
Paul

jvnd 06-24-2008 05:07 AM

Hey dewercs, give Arrow Trucking a call. I've worked for them for about 4 months now and have had no problems. I'm making good miles which means good pay. They have their problems like all companies and I've heard some other Arrow drivers complain but I can't. I always have another load waiting for me before I unload. I have a great driver manager. They even have Idleair at their terminal in Tulsa. They are a typical training company with weekly orientations and about 1200 drivers. If you do get on with them let me know. My e-mail is [email protected] and put arrow job as the topic or whatever that heading is called. I'll split the referral pay with you which is $2000. Good luck with whatever you do and thanks to DD for keeping this thing going. I'm sure he never thought it would last this long. Hell, he can't end it because we won't let him.

jvnd 06-24-2008 05:21 AM

dewercs2 I forgot to tell you that they want you out 4 weeks at a time. I get a day off for every week but I always seem to work out a couple extra days. You also live close to me as I live in Azusa, Ca. The company did have a terminal in Fontana but just moved to Phoenix. I also get home on the days I ask for. They do have their own company doctor who will make the decision if you can work for them. Good luck

devildice 06-24-2008 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by jvnd:
thanks to DD for keeping this thing going. I'm sure he never thought it would last this long. Hell, he can't end it because we won't let him.

You're correct, I never thought it would last this long, especially since I have lacked big time in updating it. Which, since I am here, I'll give a quick update below.

I am glad that things over at Arrow are working out for you. I see Arrow trucks at a lot of the places where I load/unload. All the drivers that I've spoken with seen happy there. Might be worth Dewercs2 looking into.

Anyways, here's my update.........I originally left my house sometime around the end of May and picked up a load of glass beads (used for highway paint) out of Mexia, TX going to Rapid City, SD.

From there I bounced over to Spearfish, SD and loaded some lumber going to Milan, IL. Then it was across the river to Bendendorff, IA to load some titanium that had 3 stops in Los Angeles and final in Verdi, NV.

Then it was off to Fernley, NV for a load of insulation board that weighed in at a whopping 8,700lbs going to Seattle, WA. From there I bounced over to Wenatchee, WA for what I call fire brick. It was actually large concrete looking blocks that Alco uses to line their furnaces with. This was the longest deadhead and heavist load since I left the house. This load was going to the Alco plant in Rockdale, TX.

I met up with one of my friends that I went to orientation with in Missoula and we ran together for a couple of days as he was heading to NC. It was nice to see him again after so long and it's always nice running with someone.

Anyways, I made the drop in Rockdale and then bounced over to Houston, TX for the load I currently have. This one will deliver in Deer Lodge, MT. I asked it I could deliver it on next Monday vice this Friday so I could swing through the house, which is where I am now.

Since I left the house in May, I have not sat for more than a half of a day before getting another load. In fact, up until the Wenatchee load, I was reloading the same day I was unloading. So as of late, things have been going great.

oh yeah, I forgot to mention one piece of irritating news........when ever I come home, I can not park my truck at the house because of the freaking Home Owners Associations B.S. rules. So for the past year I have been parking at a Home Depot just a couple of miles down the road. there have always been about 3 or 4 of us in the area that park there. Well the last couple of times I was home, I noticed a lot more trucks there. In fact, I used to joke to my wife that it has become a "Home Depot Truck Stop". I used to also tell her that it would be just a matter of time before they stop allowing it. And sure enough, when I came in last night I noticed no trucks there and signs all over saying no truck parking, towed at owners expense, etc.

I can't blame them (Home Depot) but damn it pisses me off because there isn't any place near by to park. The nearest truck stops are about 30-35 miles away on the SE side of San Antonio. I did manage to park on the street in front of a hotel about 5 miles away but I know that won't last. I checked with a couple of RV storage places not too far away and neither has the space for a 65-70 foot long vehicle, their largest spaces are only 40 feet. So now I have to figure out where to park when I come home......grrrrrrrrrr :evil:

dewercs2 06-24-2008 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by jvnd:
Hey dewercs, give Arrow Trucking a call. I've worked for them for about 4 months now and have had no problems. I'm making good miles which means good pay. They have their problems like all companies and I've heard some other Arrow drivers complain but I can't. I always have another load waiting for me before I unload. I have a great driver manager. They even have Idleair at their terminal in Tulsa. They are a typical training company with weekly orientations and about 1200 drivers. If you do get on with them let me know. My e-mail is [email protected] and put arrow job as the topic or whatever that heading is called. I'll split the referral pay with you which is $2000. Good luck with whatever you do and thanks to DD for keeping this thing going. I'm sure he never thought it would last this long. Hell, he can't end it because we won't let him.

You wouldn't believe it... I was talking to Arrow on friday and they told me to submit application. I did so yesterday and I just got off the phone with them. I'm set to show up at orientation in a couple weeks. They wanted me there next monday but I have a doctors appointment next tue. The recruiter was nice and said no problem. I sure do wish I would have seen this yesterday. :cry:
I was told I will do the standard orientation stuff, paperwork, Dr visist, Whiz Quiz, driving test and then signed into my own truck by thursday.

YAHOOOOOOOoooooo! :D