Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   My new truck questions (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/19696-my-new-truck-questions.html)

Bobby 08-22-2006 01:02 AM

Looks good, Steve

What engine does it have ?

Windwalker 08-22-2006 01:56 AM

Say what you like about those "DOLLY PARTONS", but I like them. Wouldn't be without them. There have been ocassions when I was going to change lanes and they were the only things that told me I could not do so. My truck came with one on the right fender, and I bought one to mount on the left one. Holes be damned. Better than trying to explain why I didn't see someone alongside me. I want every safety device I can get my hands on, and I'm sporting a pair of them on my truck.

Very nice looking truck. Status symbol, even.

08-22-2006 05:23 AM

GOOD LOOKING RIDE!!!!!

08-22-2006 05:37 AM

gone

Fishhook 08-22-2006 07:56 AM

Quote:

It has a Cummings Detroit Diesel Series 60 at 500hp
:shock: ??????Hoping thats a typo...

I may be a newbie to this site BUT, I have been driving for the last 17 yrs, .Do I have this right.You have zero trucking experiece, knowledge, but you jumped in head first and bought a truck, then you inquire about plates,insurence,shifting, braking(bobtail).Honestly, I wish you luck, but I think you're nuts! Maybe its that I just wish I could jump in head first into the o/o arena, I don't know...WOW.Good luck,more power to you.....

Looking forward to reading you experiences!

Teal 95 KW 08-22-2006 08:01 AM

I kinda think it's crazy too, but you can't knock a fella for being enthusiastic about a new venture and having the cajones (or, maybe ignorance) to jump into something likes this as he's done!

Not trying to be an ass, but I can NOT wait until winter hits. With the cold season right around the corner, I look forward to hearing from Mr. Booth when he can't get is truck moving in a icy parking lot, or when it took him 9 hours to go 50 miles b/c he was driving on a sheet of ice, or when he runs into his first white-out and runs up on stopped traffic...

Fishhook 08-22-2006 08:05 AM

Quote:

but you can't knock a fella for being enthusiastic about a new venture and having the cajones (or, maybe ignorance) to jump into something likes this as he's done!
I'm definitely not knocking him.I wish I had the stones to do it (READ: have the ability too).Seriously, I wish him the best of luck.

08-22-2006 10:03 AM

gone

GMAN 08-22-2006 01:01 PM

Now, now, Steve. 9th grade? Come on. I met a guy just the other day who graduated from 10th grade. :wink: One thing I have found is a great diversity in today's drivers. I have met lawyers, police, college professors, mechanics, factory workers and about any other profession you can imagine. Most will have at least a high school diploma. Some will have college and advanced degrees. That wasn't always the case. I can understand how you might think that, with the way some act and communicate. I think it would be wrong to lump everyone or the majority in that group.

08-22-2006 01:07 PM

gone