Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Bluetooth headsets (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/41200-bluetooth-headsets.html)

PA 04-29-2011 01:05 AM

Bluetooth headsets

I have been through so many Plantronics Voyager PRO and Jawbone bluetooths that just don't last.
So now I think the over the head type may be better. Saw a bunch of 'em at the truck stops.

Anybody know which ones work and maybe last more than a year or so??
I use mine hard every day and don't care what it looks like.
And would prefer one that connects to two cell phones. (work and personal)

Thank you for posting an opinion.

CaliTrucker 04-29-2011 01:27 AM

VXI BlueParrott B250-XT

This is the one I use. It's worked great for me for the year or so that I've had it. Most of the time people can't even tell I'm in the truck when I've got the drivers side window down of the loud daycabs I usually drive. Not sure if you can connect two phones at the same time though.

Lost_in_Ohio 04-29-2011 02:24 AM

Yup, Blue Parrot does the job.

crb 04-29-2011 04:33 AM

Wife talks hours and hours on end with blue parrot. I have a electronics pro I use when I call dispatch or whatever while outside the truck.

Malaki86 04-30-2011 02:13 AM

I bought a Plantronics Voyager Pro not long after it came out. While it was a good headset, it didn't last very long. Something about a can of coke dumping over onto it that it didn't like. I replaced it with a Plantronics Voyager 510, which is similar that it has the ear-wrap design with the folding jaw-piece. I've had that one about a year now. In fact, it's the same model as the one I had for about 3 years (battery died) before I bought the Pro.

I don't care for the tiny, in-ear ones, nor can I stand the over-the-head ones.

Graintrain 04-30-2011 03:06 AM

My vote would also go to the Blue Parrot 250. I love the noise canceling feature. You can also tell who has a good headset when they call you and all you hear is engine noise and windy sounds. The battery like is pretty good. 3 days of constant connected or monday thru friday if I shut it off at night.

Jackrabbit379 04-30-2011 01:59 PM

I also have the Blue Parrott. My wife, or anyone for that matter tells me that I am crystal clear when we're talking. I didn't believe it until I got one myself. They are kinda pricy, but let me tell ya... well worth it. :thumbsup:

Scoe 04-30-2011 09:24 PM

+1. And no, I don't believe you can hook up two phones simultaneously to it.

crb 04-30-2011 11:33 PM

No one phone at a time. We do use it on both of our cells When we switch drivers the passenger turns their Bluetooth connectionoff on their phone and driver turns theirs on. someday the headset is pissy and you have to plug it back in and unplug it again to get it to connect. Overall great headset we have owned three in 4.5 years. battery died on one and they were on sale so we just bought a new one for $50 and her dog ate one. I know it was her dog because my dog is an angel and would never do such a thing LOL!

Mystikal 05-01-2011 02:23 AM

+1 to the blue parrot 250. Mine had a defective board in it causing it to turn off. Called tech support and they had me send it back for repair. Got it back a week later working like a charm.. free of charge minus shipping.