Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Bluetooth headsets (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/41200-bluetooth-headsets.html)

PA 05-01-2011 02:52 AM

Thanks for the opinions.
This week i will look into the blue parrot 250.
Maybe i will keep the voyager pro for personal calls.
Thanks again..

Orangetxguy 05-01-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA (Post 497121)
Thanks for the opinions.
This week i will look into the blue parrot 250.
Maybe i will keep the voyager pro for personal calls.
Thanks again..

You can use the Blue Parrot with as many phones as you want PA.....You can only have ONE connected at at time. Just read the instructions...they will explain all of it to you.

allan5oh 05-01-2011 04:29 PM

X2 on the blue parrot. Both ends sound great. Lasts a long time. Sometimes mine seems to have issues connecting to the phone.

poorboy126 05-17-2011 12:19 AM

I'm just about ready to purchase a jawbone since I have friends that have them and they sound great, should I look into the parrot 250 instead? Can you use the parrot to listen to online fm radio through your phone like you can the jawbone? Thanks for any help.

Orangetxguy 05-17-2011 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poorboy126 (Post 497810)
I'm just about ready to purchase a jawbone since I have friends that have them and they sound great, should I look into the parrot 250 instead? Can you use the parrot to listen to online fm radio through your phone like you can the jawbone? Thanks for any help.

Your friends might hear good on the Jawbone...but the people on the otherside hear eveything the truck does.

PA 05-17-2011 02:27 AM

I have gone through 3 generations of Jawbone.
They don't last. They don't sound good. They are not comfortable.

silvan 05-28-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poorboy126 (Post 497810)
Can you use the parrot to listen to online fm radio through your phone like you can the jawbone? Thanks for any help.

That's the one thing about the BlueParrot that kind of sucks. The Jawbone I have connects as a "stereo headset" (even though it's mono) and it works for all kinds of audio. The BlueBarrott connects as a "telephone headset" (something like that) and it only works for calls.

I ended up with a BlueParrott though, so chalk up another mark in the me too column. These things seem to be a little bit less up to date on the technology side, and kind of clunky, but they just work beautifully. I paid a fortune for the Jawbone, and it's very sleek, modern, and feature packed, and it almost works in a noisy truck. The Parrott was cheaper, and I can literally talk to people with my window down and my head hanging out in the wind stream at 80 mph (yeah, I wish), and that's how much noise it takes before people on the other end start to think I might be in a noisy environment.

Sabine 05-29-2011 09:03 PM

Blue Parrot hands down. I had a Blue Eagle before that, bought at Interstate Connection. It broke on about the same day they closed shop and even with a ton of research on the internet I could not find repair, or warranty support.

Bought the Blue Parrot, had a charging problem with my first one, only had a couple of days at home, they replaced mine before I even mailed mine to them. They have AWESOME customer service, which I am sure most of you agree is a rarity nowadays, and they are made in the US.

Orangetxguy 05-29-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabine (Post 498334)
Blue Parrot hands down. I had a Blue Eagle before that, bought at Interstate Connection. It broke on about the same day they closed shop and even with a ton of research on the internet I could not find repair, or warranty support.

Bought the Blue Eagle, had a charging problem with my first one, only had a couple of days at home, they replaced mine before I even mailed mine to them. They have AWESOME customer service, which I am sure most of you agree is a rarity nowadays, and they are made in the US.

I hope you meant Blue Parrot!!

One 05-30-2011 03:09 AM

I have a motorola H500! I have had it more than 5 years now and it is still going strong, i use it every day for an average of 2 hrs and usually charge it only once a week, but i switch it off when im not on the phone. the soft rubber that pads the lil boom that goes around your earlobe is almost all gone and the chromish coating is scratched and coming off but still tis little guy soldiers on...They are cheap now too unlike when they first came out $100...Now you have to buy them online cuz noone carries it anymore retail. The noise reduction isnt very good on this unit, but its fine while driving. Range is not great either, around 50ft for sure, so bring your phone when stepping out of the truck to be sure.