Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Your least favorite truck and why? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/41066-your-least-favorite-truck-why.html)

Douglas 03-19-2011 09:45 PM

Your least favorite truck and why?

Everyone has a difference of opinions of which type of truck they like and why. For instance, I like Volvos the best because of their incredibly sharp turing radius. But which type of truck DON'T you like and why not?

Whether it's because it's not very reliable (it stays in the shop too much), it rides rough or you just don't like the way it looks, why would you not want drive this type of truck?

Malaki86 03-19-2011 10:14 PM

Guess I get to start:

Freightliner Columbia - rough ride, noisy as hell, cold in the winter, hot in the summer, everything rattling around, the stupid cabinets without doors (fishnet fronts), placement of some of the dash switches (you literally have to lean out of the seat to reach).

With the Columbia's, I just hate them - period. They're good starter trucks because of the price, but I guarantee if I ever buy a truck but can't afford anything other than a Columbia, I'll stay as a company driver.

crb 03-19-2011 10:30 PM

Volvo's seem to break frequently lots of electrical issues, and heavy. The parts seem to come on the slow boat. Weak Jake's.

Freightliner Columbia and century noisy shaky 04 and newer Detroits have egress issues. I hate the mirrors they shake and rattle. They also ride ROUGH!

KW t200 good overall truck other than wide turning radius, leaky windshield's if not installed perfect, and leaky doors. The door issue isn't a big deal they just need adjusted regularly.

KW t600 or t660 smooth, quiet, comfortable, good turning radius. It would be nice if there was a single bunk option with top cabinets. Armrests that swing back are a must.

International 9200/9400 good overall my favorite sleeper especially with single bunk. I wish sleeper vents were lower instead of at ceiling and more storage above driver would be nice.

bikerboy 03-19-2011 10:35 PM

Anything aero, is no good, don't look like a truck, give me 379, w900 , t800 , 9900, western star, any day before ugly azz aero freightliners and volvo

MichiganDriver 03-19-2011 10:44 PM

I've hated every truck I've driven so far. :)

I'm just checking in to say I predict 1000 posts a day for this thread. lol

4roses 03-20-2011 02:31 AM

I really disliked the International's that I drove with 1 company .. maybe it was because they bought the cheapest ... it had what I call a coffin sleeper ... couldn't pull worth a darn either. ... I wasn't very impressed with the PeterBilt .. the Freightliner had an awesome sleeper and alot of room, but I can honestly say ... the KW was my favorite.

Jackrabbit379 03-20-2011 03:09 AM

I'm not sure if I should reply to this... :lol: :whistle:
I've never cared for Freightliners. Don't know why. Just something about them. Especially when someone tries to dress one up and make it look like a Pete. Just not right! You can't fix ugly :lol:
I don't like the trucks I drive every night. They only run 60 dag gum miles an hour! :mad: :roll:

Malaki86 03-20-2011 06:22 AM

Based on looks itself, I think the Coronado is one really nice looking truck. I've never driven one, but I like it's looks. Of course, it's nothing more than a Columbia with a different hood.

Sealord 03-20-2011 01:38 PM

Least Favorite Truck and Why

Any one. Unpaid for.

Doctor Who 03-20-2011 03:21 PM

Freightliner followed by the Navistar (International)!!!!!

The Freightliner Cascadia!!! Ugly, rough riding, POS and the Columbia which, is the lame version of the Century and yes they are Hecho en Mexico!!! (Made in Mexico)

The Navistar is rough riding not to mention not driver friendly!!!!