Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Cabovers More Dangerous? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/39784-cabovers-more-dangerous.html)

GMAN 10-23-2010 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER (Post 488516)

I believe that you are correct, TK. Thanks. It has been some time since I have seen one of them.

freebirdrfd 10-23-2010 09:54 AM

That is an ugly truck. My old G.M.C. Astro was better looking than that.. :smokin:

Malaki86 10-23-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMAN (Post 488518)
I believe that you are correct, TK. Thanks. It has been some time since I have seen one of them.

We can all see the reason to why they're not seen any more. OMG - a Columbia is a better looking truck than that, and Columbia's are ugly MoFo's.

freebirdrfd 10-23-2010 12:27 PM

But i still turn my head and say WOW i remember driving one of those... I remember the company used to have a cabover Ford that had a air-ride cab or something. The first time i drove that thing i swore i was gonna tip over.. I don't know what it was, but for some reason every time you turned that steering wheel the cab would lean over so far that you would swear you were gonna tip over... It was so messed up, i remember almost turning around and taking another truck.. :smokin:

GMAN 10-23-2010 12:39 PM

I remember the GMC Astro, Ford, KW, Peterbilt and International. Those are the cabovers that I remember most. Had California not changed their length laws, we would all still mostly be driving cabovers.

TK THE TRUCKER 10-23-2010 02:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've always wanted an old cabover Kenworth like this one. All restored, probably all black. I just don't think I would want to live in it for weeks at a time. I used to ride in one with my dad when I was a kid and seem to remember how terrible it was trying to sleep because the one he drove had a tiny sleeper. I used to wake up in the middle of the night freezing my ass off because the engine idling wasn't putting out heat so I would climb up front and step on the pedal for a while and when it got warm again and I'd back to sleep. My dad would never even know I had done that, I was only 8.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]592[/ATTACH]

Doctor Who 10-23-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86 (Post 488533)
We can all see the reason to why they're not seen any more. OMG - a Columbia is a better looking truck than that, and Columbia's are ugly MoFo's.

The Cascadias aren't much better if not down right HIDEOUS!!!

Jackrabbit379 10-23-2010 03:09 PM

I was always afraid the truck going to fall forward when you come to a stop, slow down, etc.

Do they even make cabovers anymore??

freebirdrfd 10-23-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER (Post 488548)
I've always wanted an old cabover Kenworth like this one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]592[/ATTACH]

Now that is a good looking cabover

VPIDarkAngel 10-25-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 (Post 488551)
I was always afraid the truck going to fall forward when you come to a stop, slow down, etc.

Do they even make cabovers anymore??

Yes. I've seen quite a few new Argosy's lately. I don't know who's been buying them, but it certainly ain't us. I also agree with Doctor Who. Crapcadia's are downright hideous.
By the way, wasn't that Pete a 362, or was that the model that preceded it?