Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Something else I just found interesting...... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/37983-something-else-i-just-found-interesting.html)

matcat 06-07-2009 06:56 PM

One of the reasons the system is failing is because the people don't get involved as they should be. You are giving more power to the vote of those that do, which is a much smaller group whom a lot have agendas behind their votes.

LightsChromeHorsepower 06-07-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkjr (Post 452638)
Was that even necessary?? I bet you won't say that at a Truck Stop around a Group full of Brothers...

lol!!!!

Windwalker 06-07-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin0915 (Post 452650)
i dont 'follow' anybody, Gus. i actually do something most americans don't. I'll gather as much info about a topic, then formulate my own opinion.

See, i have two reasons i dont vote. 1st...its meaningless. the crap that gets shuffled around dont mean a thing. 2nd, i believe if you vote, you have no right to complain. I know people will turn that around and say, "..well if you DONT vote you have no right to complain...", but where is the logic in that. If you vote...and you elect selfish ignorant leaders and they get into office and screw everything up, then you are responsible for what they have done, YOU voted them in, YOU have no right to complain. I on the other hand, who did not vote, who didnt even leave the house on election day, have every right to complain as loud as i want about the problem you created. But i have solved this little problem, i do basicly the same thing as those who vote, but whem i'm finished masturbating, i'll have a little something to show for it. ;-)

Not only a "whiner", but a "PROFESSIONAL WHINER". No matter who wins the election, he can honestly say he didn't vote for that candidate.

But, you know, Kevin, you don't do a thing about your financial situation by sitting at the dock. You have to put the truck in gear and make some miles in order to get paid. Well, in order to be able to stake a decent claim in your own future, you have to fight for what's yours. By not voting, you're not doing a damned thing. Just sit on your but and let everybody else do your work for you... Then complain you don't have the bennies you want.

Guess if you were a farmer, you'd sit by while someone else plants your field, then complain about having oats instead of corn. Or pop corn instead of sweat corn.

Sorry, Bud, but if you don't have the where-with-all to get off your dead butt and make your opinion known, you have no right to complain later. May as well just hunker down and wait for them to come along and know your head off.

Windwalker 06-07-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matcat (Post 452663)
One of the reasons the system is failing is because the people don't get involved as they should be. You are giving more power to the vote of those that do, which is a much smaller group whom a lot have agendas behind their votes.

As I've stated in the past (before the last election), we've had a President of the United States elected with as little as 17% of the voting public going to the poles. It's the one time you get to tell the candidate what you think. Bush, the Elder, got the message with his "READ MY LIPS TAXES". A week before the election, he tried to appologize... Too late.

But, you do also have another option. You do not have to vote for the candidates listed on the ballot. A protest vote? Write your own name in for President. It tells them you don't want either one. But it's a message. No vote... Ever hear that "no news is good news"?

Hawkjr 06-07-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin0915 (Post 452649)
i have, and will continue to do so, especially when 'brothas' who speak up, seem to always say the same thing, and it always sounds so rehersed. Wonder where they plagiarized that from, cause you know it isnt their own thoughts. BET maybe??

Funny how you ask one exactly what Obama's talking points are, and what he stands for, most couldnt tell ya. They only voted for him based on skin color. And the proof is in the pudding, cause 90% colored voted for him, and only 50% crackas did.

but seriously, it dont matter. politicians are only put in office to give us all the illusion that we are really in charge.

WOW.. i'm speechless..

this is seriously sad and pathetic on you Kevin.. First of all has it ever come to you that maybe just about every Black person and hell even Minorities knew what Obama was trying to do and change.. Trust me it wasn't only about skin color, if that was the case Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would of been the First Black Presidents so one thing right their that your absolutely wrong and ignorant about...

50% White is a large number Kevin, when you say "Only", the Only your talking about is half son..

Again i don't want to make a clear cut personal attack on you this post was a clearly ignorant and stupid.. their is alot of African Americans who are bright and knows politics real well, Most elder African Americans don't even Watch BET, do you know what comes on BET Kev?? its only an 1 hour a day of Political Talk if any, and even When Obama was campaigning their was a little bit more coverage but not much more..

Again, i will guarantee you would not a call him Osama, which is not only offensive to the black community but to the muslim community as well, at a truck stop with a group of brother's around.. and i don't mean one black guy out in Wyoming, i'm talking about cities such as Chicago and Atlanta..

One more thing, are you by chance a racist?? this is the 4th somewhat racist remark this year??

Rev.Vassago 06-07-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin0915 (Post 452661)
so what, you got a problem with that?

Yes I do. A whiner is nothing more than an armchair quarterback, or a back seat driver. They are all talk, but when it comes to getting their hands dirty, they are nowhere to be found. Your view on politics is not unlike your view on trucking. It's always someone else's fault.

Jumbo 06-07-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkjr (Post 452674)
WOW.. i'm speechless..

this is seriously sad and pathetic on you Kevin.. First of all has it ever come to you that maybe just about every Black person and hell even Minorities knew what Obama was trying to do and change.. Trust me it wasn't only about skin color, if that was the case Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would of been the First Black Presidents so one thing right their that your absolutely wrong and ignorant about...

50% White is a large number Kevin, when you say "Only", the Only your talking about is half son..

Again i don't want to make a clear cut personal attack on you this post was a clearly ignorant and stupid.. their is alot of African Americans who are bright and knows politics real well, Most elder African Americans don't even Watch BET, do you know what comes on BET Kev?? its only an 1 hour a day of Political Talk if any, and even When Obama was campaigning their was a little bit more coverage but not much more..

Again, i will guarantee you would not a call him Osama, which is not only offensive to the black community but to the muslim community as well, at a truck stop with a group of brother's around.. and i don't mean one black guy out in Wyoming, i'm talking about cities such as Chicago and Atlanta..

One more thing, are you by chance a racist?? this is the 4th somewhat racist remark this year??

Wyoming just called. They said to tell you there are NO black people there. They suggested you try Montana or Utah.

Mackman 06-07-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

One more thing, are you by chance a racist??

I think he is. I think he even said so in another one of his posts. Let me do some digging i might find it.

*Edit - I cant find nothing so it might not have been him. But i do remember i poster saying is was racist and didn't care what people thought. But i did find alot of posts by Kevin saying he is far from racist*

Bigmon 06-07-2009 10:47 PM

With a Black President, why would there be a bunch of brothers around a truck stop?

Rev.Vassago 06-07-2009 10:56 PM

:thumbsdown: this thread is derailing off the tracks.

Hawkjr 06-07-2009 11:51 PM

Sorry Rev, had to put somebody in their place.. now back to your regular schedule programming of the Kev about to screwed over on a Swift Lease while driving a plain blue T2000 with no Owner Ops specs..

matcat 06-08-2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkjr (Post 452696)
Sorry Rev, had to put somebody in their place.. now back to your regular schedule programming of the Kev about to screwed over on a Swift Lease while driving a plain blue T2000 with no Owner Ops specs..

All I can say is... ROFL

LightsChromeHorsepower 06-08-2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 452689)

So what?
It's a good conversation- no truly ad-hominem attacks
Why not let it roll?

Jumbo 06-08-2009 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 452689)

Union Pacific couldnt put this thread back on the tracks.

Jumbo 06-08-2009 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightsChromeHorsepower (Post 452699)
So what?
It's a good conversation- no truly ad-hominem attacks
Why not let it roll?

I agree with him. Let's Casey Jones this puppy. Dr. Peppers for everyone.

Kevin0915 06-08-2009 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 452679)
Yes I do. A whiner is nothing more than an armchair quarterback, or a back seat driver. They are all talk, but when it comes to getting their hands dirty, they are nowhere to be found. Your view on politics is not unlike your view on trucking. It's always someone else's fault.

if i thought voting actually made a difference, and joe blow could run for office if s/he found enough 'votes' for change, then i'd run myself.

and hawk....Everyone wanted change, you bet. Look what Bushie did to this country....going to war for 7 out of 8 of his years in office, doing what he did with most of his oil companies when daddy bought them all for him when he was 12......run them into the ground, leaving behind nothing but empty holes. Well now we have empty holes....its called Baghdad.

kinda like a new family moving into a halfway diecent neighborhood, then after a year, their yard turns into a big eye-sore, and gets worse every passing month, not to mention their house falls into disrepair. Eventually everybody in said neighborhood would ban together to 'vote' them out of it, wouldnt they???

To be honest...i actually was glad to see obama get into office. Thats what everybody wanted....so lets see some change. I didnt ever expect to see the economy turn around within the first 100 days. but we had better see some change and improvement by mid-term, or start looking for another president. he was 'elected' because the country wants change.....if we dont see it................what we will hear are all the pro-obama people coming up with excuses. and you all know it.

matcat 06-08-2009 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin0915 (Post 452713)
if i thought voting actually made a difference, and joe blow could run for office if s/he found enough 'votes' for change, then i'd run myself.

and hawk....Everyone wanted change, you bet. Look what Bushie did to this country....going to war for 7 out of 8 of his years in office, doing what he did with most of his oil companies when daddy bought them all for him when he was 12......run them into the ground, leaving behind nothing but empty holes. Well now we have empty holes....its called Baghdad.

kinda like a new family moving into a halfway diecent neighborhood, then after a year, their yard turns into a big eye-sore, and gets worse every passing month, not to mention their house falls into disrepair. Eventually everybody in said neighborhood would ban together to 'vote' them out of it, wouldnt they???

To be honest...i actually was glad to see obama get into office. Thats what everybody wanted....so lets see some change. I didnt ever expect to see the economy turn around within the first 100 days. but we had better see some change and improvement by mid-term, or start looking for another president. he was 'elected' because the country wants change.....if we dont see it................what we will hear are all the pro-obama people coming up with excuses. and you all know it.

Yeah you will see the change, it will keep getting worse... and worse... and worse.

Sorry but most of these circumstances have nothing to do with the president anyway that you speak of.

Windwalker 06-09-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matcat (Post 452714)
Yeah you will see the change, it will keep getting worse... and worse... and worse.

Sorry but most of these circumstances have nothing to do with the president anyway that you speak of.

You're right, and you're dead wrong...

I'm afraid you're right about the worse... and worse... and worse...
No one seems to have gotten a handle on what the cause of the problem in the economy, so while they'll keep on putting band-aids on the branches and leaves, it's a long way from the roots. And, in order to cure the problems, they'll have to get to the roots.

You're wrong that they have nothing to do with the President. There are a few things in which the President does have a degree of latitude and can either push programs through Congress, or use Executive Order. Unfortunately, you are not likely to see any of them put into use because at that level, they don't know what to look for at the lower levels. What indicators to use. So, they're stumbling.

Another thing, after the GREAT DEPRESSION, and the stock market crash, there were programs put into effect that were supposed to prevent another depression, and crash. Now, here we are, spiraling down, with no end in sight, and those programs have not prevented it. Now, where do you go from there?

golfhobo 06-10-2009 03:52 AM

Quote:

Trust me it wasn't only about skin color, if that was the case Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would of been the First Black Presidents

Actually.... not true. Blacks only make up about 13% of the population... of course other minorities do add to the tally. But WITHOUT the 50% of White voters that voted for him, (many but not all of them YOUNG) Obama would not have been elected. And there is no way in HADES that that many Whites would have (or ever did) vote for Sharpton or Jackson.

Hey Hawk! Are you telling me that you're Buh, Buh... Bullack??? (My cousin Vinny reference!) :rofl::rofl:

Seriously.... I didn't know! And unlike SOME here.... I never CARED!

On a side note.... I never KNEW there were so many Black Republicans until they all came out of the woodwork to OPPOSE Obama! I doubt THEY would have voted for Sharpton or Jackson, either.

Hawkjr 06-10-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 452866)
Actually.... not true. Blacks only make up about 13% of the population... of course other minorities do add to the tally. But WITHOUT the 50% of White voters that voted for him, (many but not all of them YOUNG) Obama would not have been elected. And there is no way in HADES that that many Whites would have (or ever did) vote for Sharpton or Jackson.

Hey Hawk! Are you telling me that you're Buh, Buh... Bullack??? (My cousin Vinny reference!) :rofl::rofl:

On a side note.... I never KNEW there were so many Black Republicans until they all came out of the woodwork to OPPOSE Obama! I doubt THEY would have voted for Sharpton or Jackson, either.

Wow!! i don't even know how to respond to this.. you seriously must of been confused by my post lets break this down for you Golfhobo..

Quote:

But WITHOUT the 50% of White voters that voted for him, (many but not all of them YOUNG) Obama would not have been elected.
where in my OP did i say he wouldn't of won without that vote?? I told Kevin that 50% was an LARGE NUMBER of a group of people.. please tell me where in my post did i say different

Quote:

And there is no way in HADES that that many Whites would have (or ever did) vote for Sharpton or Jackson.
Quite of few People voted for Jackson from my research in primaries and so on, not saying which color or so they were but come on Hobo, even tho i wasn't even thought of let alone born during his first campaign you know damn well those were different times back then compared to now
Sharpton is a damn clown, i don't think he garner many votes period as i remembered his campaign..

Quote:

Yes i'm an African American, why are you even bring this into disscusion?? you say you don't care but you brought it up, cause i went to bat for him by saying Kevin would calling him Osama in front of a group of black men?? Now i'm telling CAD, "Hey, look at me, I'm Hawk Black Man" Sorry Hobo your late, most posters know that i'm Black..

Quote:

On a side note.... I never KNEW there were so many Black Republicans until they all came out of the woodwork to OPPOSE Obama
Just like i told Kevin, this election just wasn't about Skin Color.. Based on what your saying Hobo, claming what i'm saying, those Black Republicans whose about to get there Taxes raised voted for Obama just because he was Black..

Seriously, i hope you was on Line 5 with your laptop and some cold ones in front of you.. if so i'll give you a pass

Rev.Vassago 06-10-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Sorry Hobo your late, most posters know that i'm Black..
I knew. I never asked. And I don't care. So I guess I'm two up on golfhobo.:thumbsup::clap::lol2::moon:

LightsChromeHorsepower 06-10-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windwalker (Post 452844)

Another thing, after the GREAT DEPRESSION, and the stock market crash, there were programs put into effect that were supposed to prevent another depression, and crash. Now, here we are, spiraling down, with no end in sight, and those programs have not prevented it. Now, where do you go from there?

Some of the primary causes of our present situation involve the removal of those controls and the success of the financial industry in developing products and/or practices that sidestep or evade the intent of various of FDR's policies.

This may not make sens I'm just off a brutal double shift. I'll leave it to Hawk to deal with Hobo and the brothers at the truck stop comment.

Kevin0915 06-11-2009 01:50 AM

This past election was totally about skin color. when CNN and every other news outlet interviews an african american, most dont have a clue what Obama stood for, not to mention after the election they were always saying how 'its their turn' to get things handed to them.....when how many are on welfare, food stamps, etc.??

LightsChromeHorsepower 06-11-2009 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin0915 (Post 452934)
This past election was totally about skin color. when CNN and every other news outlet interviews an african american, most dont have a clue what Obama stood for, not to mention after the election they were always saying how 'its their turn' to get things handed to them.....when how many are on welfare, food stamps, etc.??

You have got to be kidding...................

Windwalker 06-11-2009 02:02 AM

Quote:

Not sure where you're from... But...

could you please tell us all just how soon you're going back there???

I did not support Obama in the last election, and it was not because of skin color. I've heard this same view with respect to Native Americans, Puerto Ricans, and Mexicans. Depends just who you choose for a target, I guess. I would suspect that there may have been a number of African Americans that did vote for him because of skin color, but I would also suspect that nearly an even number of whites did not vote for him for the same reason.

Just how red is your neck, anyhow?

Hawkjr 06-11-2009 03:08 AM

Quote:

Speechless... i rather not comment on this quote..

Jumbo 06-11-2009 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkjr (Post 452940)
Speechless... i rather not comment on this quote..

Now that is showing signs of restraint and being mature.

golfhobo 06-11-2009 04:09 AM

Hawkjr said:

Quote:

Wow!! i don't even know how to respond to this.. you seriously must of been confused by my post lets break this down for you Golfhobo..
Maybe I was. Or maybe you were by mne. Let's see if we can figure it out.

Quote:

where in my OP did i say he wouldn't of won without that vote?? [ I assume you mean WOULD HAVE won without that vote.] I told Kevin that 50% was an LARGE NUMBER of a group of people.. [I absolutely agree.] please tell me where in my post did i say different
You DIDN'T say "that" in your post.... what you said was THIS:

Quote:

First of all has it ever come to you that maybe just about every Black person and hell even Minorities knew what Obama was trying to do and change.. Trust me it wasn't only about skin color, if that was the case Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would of been the First Black Presidents
If I understand you correctly.... you are saying that all blacks, and most minorities, knew that Obama was trying to give them a fair chance at the dream... to even the playing field if you prefer. I have said the same things many times myself.

However... you go ON to say that, IF they were ONLY voting for him (or any president) JUST because they were BLACK, Sharpton or Jackson would have won long ago. This is STATISTICALLY impossible.... and THAT was the crux of my post. If every minority in the country voted for one man for president, without many others of the white "color" joining in.... they would STILL not have enough votes to elect "their" man.

Quote:

Quite a few People voted for Jackson from my research in primaries and so on, not saying which color or so they were but come on Hobo, even tho i wasn't even thought of let alone born during his first campaign you know damn well those were different times back then compared to now.
Well, I don't NEED to do research. I was around for those elections and IIRC they both either dropped out or didn't get much more if any votes than Nader or any other "dark horse" (no pun intended!)

I DO agree that those were different times. I was pleasantly surprised to see that MY generation, with the help of the younger one, has risen above the prejudices that would never have allowed an Obama to win in past years. But.... it is ALSO about the MAN! Obama is completely different that either Jackson OR Sharpton.

Quote:

Sharpton is a damn clown, i don't think he garner many votes period as i remembered his campaign..
You remember correctly. But, he is not JUST a clown. He is an angry Black man. Sorry... but, it's true. Jackson was also a bit too angy and "dedicated" to the MINORITY cause over the American cause.... not to mention overly dramatic.

I totally agree with you that Obama was the "right" man of color (or minority) at the RIGHT time. He won because he DID get that 50% of the "Cracka" vote that Kevin so eloquently denigrated. It is statistically impossible that any minority could EVER win with ONLY the minority vote... even ALL of them.... and that was my point of correction. Sharpton nor Jackson could EVER have won if it did come down to a criteria of skin color.

Quote:

Yes i'm an African American, why are you even bring this into disscusion?? you say you don't care but you brought it up, cause i went to bat for him by saying Kevin would calling him Osama in front of a group of black men?? Now i'm telling CAD, "Hey, look at me, I'm Hawk Black Man" Sorry Hobo your late, most posters know that i'm Black..
Well.... "I" didn't! And it DOESN'T matter (which is what I said.) Maybe you weren't around back when I made it very clear that there is not a prejudiced bone in my body. It has even infected my brain and my "worldview." When I read posts on here, I am color blind.

I brought it up in a HUMOROUS way, which I thought you would FIND so! Vinny (in the movie) while staring right AT the guy, made that line that I find hilarious. It shows that HE was "color blind" as well. He was making FUN of the prejudices of people.... as I was. I meant no harm, and apologize if you took it that way.

Quote:

Just like i told Kevin, this election just wasn't about Skin Color.. Based on what your saying Hobo, claming what i'm saying, those Black Republicans whose about to get there Taxes raised voted for Obama just because he was Black..
Actually, I'm saying no such thing. Apparently, there were MANY blacks who voted against him! So, you're right.... it WASN'T about skin color! I was just surprised that there were so many "conservative" African Americans.

Quote:

Seriously, i hope you was on Line 5 with your laptop and some cold ones in front of you.. if so i'll give you a pass.
Not to the extent you believe. I said what I meant, and meant what I said. I'm ON YOUR SIDE. Maybe, I totally misunderstood your point. But, I don't think I DID... and I was just "debating" it.

Besides.... aren't YOU the guy who once embarrassed me by claiming, "I LOVE this Hobo guy!" :eek2: I got news for ya.... I don't DATE Black men! :lol2::rofl::clap:

THAT WAS A JOKE!!! :moon::lol:;)

golfhobo 06-11-2009 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 452890)
I knew. I never asked. And I don't care. So I guess I'm two up on golfhobo.:thumbsup::clap::lol2::moon:

In your DREAMS.... Honky!! :lol2::moon::rofl:

golfhobo 06-11-2009 04:40 AM

Quote:

You really ARE a fool, aren't you? AGAIN.... it is a statistical impossibility for Obama to have been elected SOLELY by the Black (or even the minority) population!

Most of the American population didn't know what EITHER candidate stood for. Most people just vote for their party. Evidenced by the fact that there WERE many Blacks who voted Conservative.

BTW.... there are MANY, many whites and other minorities that are on welfare! I know it SEEMS at times, and probably IS a fact, that a large number of the Black population is on welfare.... but AGAIN there are the statistics! At only 13% of the population, and with MANY of them working, educated, middle class or HIGHER.... they can't ALL be on welfare, and not ALL people on welfare can be BLACKS! There are MILLIONS of elderly (and younger) WHITE people on welfare, food stamps, etc.

The Republican party has lost their vision, hitched their wagon to the MORAL majority, and abrogated their "contract with America." To an extent even "I" didn't see coming.... they have aligned themselves with those who would take and maintain power through class warfare, suckled at the teat of the politics of FEAR, and bankrupted the country while showing that their "souls" are as bankrupt as those they claim to be better than.

This election was about ONE thing.... CHANGE. Whether for ill or good, America spoke out and said we want to set our sails on a different wind. Eight years of Bush was ENOUGH! NO Republican would have had a chance in this election!

golfhobo 06-11-2009 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo (Post 452942)
Now that is showing signs of restraint and being mature.

So.... you're saying that because I DID take on this statement that I am neither mature NOR constrained?

I'm HURT! :hellno:

Hawkjr 06-11-2009 09:00 AM

sorry hobo, I'm lazy and actually waiting for a Pepsi driver to pull out so i can dock at this door so i rather not get into the nit and gritty of responding to your post but yes we did misunderstand each other and i respect your views hopefully just like you respect mines..

and i couldn't take if your joke was a joke or not.. it could of been took in the form as "so what your black who cares dude" but now that i understand we're all good..

and also sorry but my man crush moved from you to jumbo about a month ago.. i hope you can move on :lol: :lol:

bigrigjoe66 06-11-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

African Americans
This is one of the problems with our country. I know this will be taken as racist and I am from south Ga. but until we are Americans and not all these stupid politically correct sub sets then we are not moving forward. IMO. I heard a BLACK comedian say something funny, he said when a white guy uses a word with 3 syllables (African Americans ) rather than a word with 1 (black) to describe someone than he is probally trying to hard to cover up the fact that he is a racist. I am white, you are black, who the heck came up with that stupid ass african american crap anyway? We need to get away from this politically correct b/s.

Syncrosonix 06-11-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigrigjoe66 (Post 452960)
We need to get away from this politically correct b/s.

i agree.

SickRick 06-12-2009 01:45 AM

Quote:

You must have taken a CLASS on how to piss off as broad a sampling of folks as possible.

EVEN I can't piss folks off as bad as you - and it seems you're not even breaking a SWEAT.

To add a comment here though - Obama NEVER made his campaign a "black thing", regardless of how the media tried to spin it. Obama is actually WHITER than most white folks I know. Raised by middle-class white grandparents, afforded the "better things in life", by NOT having been raised in an african-american household. Obama is NOT a "black success story" - he's an AMERICAN SUCCESS STORY - that is, if he's even AMERICAN - since he (successfully) resisted ALL ATTEMPTS to get him to produce a REAL US BIRTH CERTIFICATE (another story entirely). So THE MEDIA made it a "black thing", and Obama just went along for the ride - he actually "played off of" his WHITE UPBRINGING, more than his (supposed) blackness. It IS however, a STATISTICAL REALITY that MORE AFRICAN AMERICANS turned out to vote in this past election, than at ANY TIME IN HISTORY since black people were ALLOWED TO VOTE in this country.

My ONLY PROBLEM with Obama - is his LACK OF EXPERIENCE at any level of AUTHORITY in state or federal government - and the choice of (expert) people he surrounds himself with - EXPERTS who are in no small way DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for the very situation we find ourselves in today.

Since Obama is 1/2 white and 1/2 black - when anyone talks about him helping "his people", they're talking about ALL AMERICANS (assuming of course that he is actually american).

Rick

Jumbo 06-12-2009 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 452951)
So.... you're saying that because I DID take on this statement that I am neither mature NOR constrained?

I'm HURT! :hellno:

It would have been easy for young Hawk to take Kevins bait and pull his gat from the waistband of his droopy drawers and shoot off a comment that may have gotten him in trouble. HE showed maturity. We already know that you, just like the rest of us, are not mature.

golfhobo 06-12-2009 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo (Post 453041)
It would have been easy for young Hawk to take Kevins bait and pull his gat from the waistband of his droopy drawers and shoot off a comment that may have gotten him in trouble. HE showed maturity. We already know that you, just like the rest of us, are not mature.

Okay! Just wanted to be sure. BTW.... tell Hawk I want my IPOD and my dishes back! :lol2:

Hawkjr 06-12-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickRick (Post 453020)
You must have taken a CLASS on how to piss off as broad a sampling of folks as possible.

EVEN I can't piss folks off as bad as you - and it seems you're not even breaking a SWEAT.

To add a comment here though - Obama NEVER made his campaign a "black thing", regardless of how the media tried to spin it. Obama is actually WHITER than most white folks I know. Raised by middle-class white grandparents, afforded the "better things in life", by NOT having been raised in an african-american household. Obama is NOT a "black success story" - he's an AMERICAN SUCCESS STORY - that is, if he's even AMERICAN - since he (successfully) resisted ALL ATTEMPTS to get him to produce a REAL US BIRTH CERTIFICATE (another story entirely). So THE MEDIA made it a "black thing", and Obama just went along for the ride - he actually "played off of" his WHITE UPBRINGING, more than his (supposed) blackness. It IS however, a STATISTICAL REALITY that MORE AFRICAN AMERICANS turned out to vote in this past election, than at ANY TIME IN HISTORY since black people were ALLOWED TO VOTE in this country.

My ONLY PROBLEM with Obama - is his LACK OF EXPERIENCE at any level of AUTHORITY in state or federal government - and the choice of (expert) people he surrounds himself with - EXPERTS who are in no small way DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for the very situation we find ourselves in today.

Since Obama is 1/2 white and 1/2 black - when anyone talks about him helping "his people", they're talking about ALL AMERICANS (assuming of course that he is actually american).

Rick

Excellent Post Rick, i didn't even see that way but Excellent Post!!

Hawkjr 06-12-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 453044)
Okay! Just wanted to be sure. BTW.... tell Hawk I want my IPOD and my dishes back! :lol2:

Damnit Hobo, those were Gifts!! You can have all those Nude Mag's you got from Truck Stops back tho :lol:

Kevin0915 06-12-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickRick (Post 453020)

you should see me playing on a poker table. someone say the wrong thing to me, and ill piss them off so bad they end up getting so upset, they lose their azz....its kinda funny.

Quote:

To add a comment here though - Obama NEVER made his campaign a "black thing", regardless of how the media tried to spin it. Obama is actually WHITER than most white folks I know.
yeah, he is whiter than most white folks. thing i like about him is that you can actually understand him, not to mention he can put together complete sentences....he actually SOUNDS smart.