Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Hawk has Reached Rock Bottom.. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/37844-hawk-has-reached-rock-bottom.html)

Syncrosonix 05-15-2009 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo (Post 450218)
I do judge myself by how many friends I have on CAD. 9 to be exact which just reaffirms the fact that I absolutely suck as a human being.

how u has moar frens den meh!?

golfhobo 05-15-2009 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo (Post 450218)
I do judge myself by how many friends I have on CAD. 9 to be exact which just reaffirms the fact that I absolutely suck as a human being.

Make that a big TEN there, Jumbo! Well.... if you'll HAVE me!?

I'm a little SLOW on this "friend" thingy! I thought accepting friends on MY profile automatically added me to theirs..... WRONG! Now, I gotta get around to "befriending" all those who've done the same to me.... someday! Probably right after I clear my PM's! ;)

Syncrosonix 05-15-2009 04:36 AM

move along. there's nothing to see here.

Syncrosonix 05-15-2009 04:38 AM

whodini: friends

*Friends
How many of us have them?
Friends
Ones we can depend on
Friends
Friends
Before we go any further, lets be
Friends*

Is a word we use everyday
Most the time we use it in the wrong way
Now you can look the word up, again and again
But the dictionary doesnt know the meaning of friends

And if you ask me, you know, I couldnt be much help
Because A friend is somebody you judge for yourself
Some are ok, and they treat you real cool
But some mistake kindness for bein a fool

We like to be with some, because they're funny
Others come around when they need some money
Some you grew up with, around the way
And you're still real close too this very day

Homeboys through the Summer, Winter, Spring and Fall
And then there's some we wish we never knew at all
And this list goes on, again and again
But these are the people that we call friends

When we first went out together, we barely knew each other
We had no intentions, on becoming lovers
But in no time at all, you became my girl
Me and you, one on one, against the world
Talkin on the telephone for hours at a time
Or else I was at your house, or you was at mine
Then came the arguements and all kinds of problems
Besides making love, we had nothing in common
It couldnt last long because it started out strong
But I guess we went about the whole thing wrong
Cause out of nowhere it just came to an end
Because we became lovers before we were friends

*Friends
Friends
Ones we can depend on
Friends
Friends
Before we go any further, let's be
Friends*

You say you and your girlfriend were so tight
You took her out with you and your guy one night
She even had a set of keys to your home
And you shared mostly everything you owned

But as she shook your hand, she stole your man
And it was done so swift, it had to be a plan
Couldn't trust her with cheese, let alone your keys
With friends like that you dont need enemies

You wonder how long it was all going on
And your still not sure if your man is gone
You say, well if she took him he was never mine
But deep inside you know thats just another lie

And now you're kinda cold to the people you meet
Cause of something that was done to you by some creep
But nevertheless, I'll say it again
That these are the people that we call friends

*Friends
Friends
Friends*

*Friends
Friends
One's we can depend on
Friends
Friends
Friends*

*Friends
Friends
One's we can depend on
Friends
Friends
Friends*

Hawkjr 05-15-2009 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin0915 (Post 450078)
actually, for your information, i'm home (normally) for 2 days every 14 days. yeah, i'm happy with that. taking home $600 for driving 2000 miles, yeah i'm happy with that. can i do better somewhere else? well duh....but i have not yet repaid my student loan thru swift yet. few more months, and i might be off to better places.

see for you, who has a problem going into a drug store and buying jimmy hats, you have kids to take care of, alimony maybe? bills your wifes and girlfriends rack up that you want to be their 'sugga daddy' for, so you sacrafice 95% of your paycheck to take care of those things, dont get all upset because someone dont have the same 'problems' as you, and can have pretty much free reign with their income as they want because they have 75% less bills than you do.

You HAVE to run 2500 miles to make ends meet. you HAVE to drive for someone making .45cpm+ or you end up broke. Me? i can work half of that, be happy, and take care of my bills.

Kev.. .was you referring to me in this post sir??

Kevin0915 05-15-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkjr (Post 450228)
Kev.. .was you referring to me in this post sir??

i'm referring to anybody who thinks they are better than the next just because he has more bills than another guy (like it was a status thing), has more kids to take care of (either living at home, or with his ex-wife), etc...basicly has an excuse for where his mamoth paycheck goes and only gets to see $40 a week in spending money. i'm getting shatner'd on because i think $500-600 is a good paycheck. And to me, it is.....why do you or anybody else have a problem with what i find satasfactory?? Are YOU living off my paycheck?? (and i'm saying that to everybody) I'm willing to bet i have the least amount of bills to worry about, so most of my paycheck ,is uh......MINE. If you've got a problem with having too many 'needs'.....here is a solution.......DROP SOME OF YOUR NEEDS. Live is a 'zero sum' game.

again, if your life doesnt depend on what i bring home, then stfu about what i'm making. keep NEEDing 3000 miles to make ends meet, then being misrable because of the added stress of having to support a wife, an ex wife, 30 kids and take care of your trailer home.

LightsChromeHorsepower 05-15-2009 01:32 PM

It's generally accepted that within a given profession, those with greater skills, expertise, education and/or experience , will earn a higher wage than someone with less or fewer of the same.

That's why someone who does hazmat or O/D and/or runs two lanes in the mountains gets paid more than someone who pulls a box down the interstate.

That's why your paycheck is a reflection of your lack of skills and experience as a truck driver. If you were any good you would have a better job.

It's just like your poor spelling is a reflection of your lack of intellect and/or education.

And like the tone and timbre of your posts reflect your lack of interpersonal skills.

Kevin0915 05-15-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightsChromeHorsepower (Post 450247)
It's generally accepted that within a given profession, those with greater skills, expertise, education and/or experience , will earn a higher wage than someone with less or fewer of the same.

That's why someone who does hazmat or O/D and/or runs two lanes in the mountains gets paid more than someone who pulls a box down the interstate.

That's why your paycheck is a reflection of your lack of skills and experience as a truck driver. If you were any good you would have a better job.

It's just like your poor spelling is a reflection of your lack of intellect and/or education.

And like the tone and timbre of your posts reflect your lack of interpersonal skills.

i will agree that in any profession, someone with better skills and/or experience should earn a bigger paycheck. however, it is incorrect to directly link 'skill' and 'experience' as a direct factor in regards to 'size of paycheck'. Kobe Bryant in his rookie year didnt make nearly the tens of millions a year he makes now, but did he lack 'skill'?

'if you were any good'? First off, you dont know me. You dont know what was available to me when making the choice to start driving. I'm where i'm at, not because i cant go anywhere, fool. it is because i have tuition to pay for before i can move on....not to mention i'm comfortable right now with where i'm at. I dont have to bounce from job to job to job looking for more money just to make ends meet, or because i want/need more spendable cash. I dont want to be one of these drivers who jumps from driving job to driving job because s/he dont get their way like a little cry baby. How bad does that look....5 driving jobs in a 12-18 months, rather than 1-2 jobs in the same time period??

I graduated high school....yet you're still stuck having to come up with penis jokes. pathetic. whats more pathetic, is you grasping at straws, picking things out of the air in a desperate attempt to make me look clueless. like i'm the only driver here who misspells words. least i can put together a proper paragraph with proper punctuation.

Hawkjr 05-15-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin0915 (Post 450254)
Kobe Bryant in his rookie year didnt make nearly the tens of millions a year he makes now, but did he lack 'skill'?

lol.... this is too funny!! Even tho you don't hardly know anything about Trucking either.. please stick to using things you actually know as an example...

Snowman7 05-15-2009 03:49 PM

Man Rev's mailbox must be bustin at the seams!:rofl: