Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   This board has died (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/36233-board-has-died.html)

TimberWolf 11-24-2008 11:57 AM

Well just to throw my two cents in on Golfhobo and Little/Big Diesel......

There is no competition between the level of articulation that Little Diesel has compared Golfhobo. Anyone who has a 12 th grade education can clearly see Golfhobo is so far advanced in his ability to speak and convey the English language. While Little diesel resorts to mundane insults that are so very unoriginal.
I am one who enjoys the postings of Golfhobo as they are spoken with a level of intelligence that is rarely seen in today's world... I quess some people have a difficult time with that....

BlePre122 just to keep you informed I frickin love pulling fuel the best move I ever made, The job is awesome and the pay is better then what I was making at UPS Frieght. Found out two weeks ago that if I had stayed at UPS Freight I would be next in line for the layoff line. Funny, when i left I was getting 40 hours a week, now the guy who was hired right before me is only getting 30 to 35 hours a week. I made the right choice and thank you to you guys who gave sound advice at the time I asked for it....

Timberwolf

BlooMoose 11-24-2008 01:55 PM

It's my fault...probably. After all, how do you think I got the name "Jinx"???

It does defy logic, though...usually, after all is said and done...more is said...than done. I can't imagine that anything is getting done. I get nothing done...and I blame CAD for that!!

golfhobo 11-24-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts Fan (Post 425218)
Dude, when's the last time you got laid? I know it's hard when you're middle aged and live with your mom, but you could probably pay for it somewhere, right? :puke:

What year was Reagan elected? :tears:

BigDiesel 11-24-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimberWolf (Post 425240)
Well just to throw my two cents in on Golfhobo and Little/Big Diesel......

There is no competition between the level of articulation that Little Diesel has compared Golfhobo. Anyone who has a 12 th grade education can clearly see Golfhobo is so far advanced in his ability to speak and convey the English language. While Little diesel resorts to mundane insults that are so very unoriginal.
I am one who enjoys the postings of Golfhobo as they are spoken with a level of intelligence that is rarely seen in today's world... I quess some people have a difficult time with that....

Timberwolf

I realize you that feel the need to defend your BFF/Partner, and I admire the passion of your feelings.......

golfhobo 11-24-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel (Post 425343)
I realize you that feel the need to defend your BFF/Partner, and I admire the passion of your feelings.......

I bet you admire more than just THAT. Your own "passions" are betrayed by your constant obsession with the alternative lifestyle.

But, that's okay. We have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy here at CAD. Too bad you can't help "hinting" about yourself. :hellno:

Does your parole officer KNOW that you are cruising Trucker boards?

BigDiesel 11-24-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 425370)
I bet you admire more than just THAT. Your own "passions" are betrayed by your constant obsession with the alternative lifestyle.

But, that's okay. We have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy here at CAD. Too bad you can't help "hinting" about yourself. :hellno:

Does your parole officer KNOW that you are cruising Trucker boards?

It has been proven that those that get so upset about others questioning their " alternative" lifestyle such as yours..... Need to know that it is " ok " to step out of the closet..... Don't let the stress of "hiding" harm your health....:thumbsup:

golfhobo 11-24-2008 08:06 PM

Rev.Vassago said:

Quote:

I'll donate two dollars.
Thanks. I wasn't sure I could still find one for a dollar!

Quote:

You honestly thought I was serious????:hellno:
Yeah, sorry to say... I DID. It wouldn't have been the first time you accused me of something like that.

Quote:

I remember when ironeagle first came back after being banned, and he had my name in his sig line, and how obsessed it made him look.
Better? I was gonna change it anyway. I just thought it was funny for awhile. Now, if Bel can just get help for HIS obsession. :roll:

golfhobo 11-24-2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel (Post 425372)
It has been proven that those that get so upset about others questioning their " alternative" lifestyle such as yours..... Need to know that it is " ok " to step out of the closet..... Don't let the stress of "hiding" harm your health....:thumbsup:

Okay, I'll come out of the closet. I really AM a Monk! Not by choice.... I've just been too poor to pay for it lately! :rofl:

Your turn.

BigDiesel 11-24-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 425374)
Okay, I'll come out of the closet. I really AM a Monk! Not by choice.... I've just been too poor to pay for it lately! :rofl:

Your turn.

hmmmmmmmm........ a monk ??? a group of men who are not interested in women that live communaly(sp)...... what ever floats your boat...:thumbsup:

golfhobo 11-24-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel (Post 425375)
hmmmmmmmm........ a monk ??? a group of men who are not interested in women that live communaly(sp)...... what ever floats your boat...:thumbsup:

There is no evidence that Monks don't like women. They just have a higher purpose. BTW.... the Marines live communally.

Oh.... you DO know that the guy in your avatar is gay, don't you? One of your Portland friends? Oh, dang.... it could be YOU! Sorry.

BigDiesel 11-24-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhoblow (Post 425379)

Oh.... you DO know that the guy in your avatar is gay, don't you? One of your Portland friends? Oh, dang.... it could be YOU! Sorry.

You would know...... :thumbsup:

golfhobo 11-24-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel (Post 425382)
You would know...... :thumbsup:

That's right. When you're as good looking as I am, you have to develop a highly sensitive "gaydar." I can spot them a mile away.... and keep them there! It is also known that they tend to follow us around on websites "hinting" about their passions.

BigDiesel 11-24-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 425384)
That's right. When you're as good looking as I am, you have to develop a highly sensitive "gaydar." I can spot them a mile away.... and keep them there! It is also known that they tend to follow us around on websites "hinting" about their passions.

Don't you have a job or did you get fired again for cruising the pickleparks ????

and before you post...... we only booked a couple of local runs for today and tomorrow.... the trucks will be in the yard from wednesday til monday am..............

golfhobo 11-24-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel (Post 425385)
Don't you have a job or did you get fired again for cruising the pickleparks ????

and before you post...... we only booked a couple of local runs for today and tomorrow.... the trucks will be in the yard from wednesday til monday am..............

All you could find, eh? :rofl:

You gonna take half the week off and hope to win the lottery like Fredog? :eek1:

Yeah, BD. I got a job (again.) It HAS been a rough year for me, but it is ending on a good note.

As you know, my company went under around July 1st. Then I went to work for a cheap azz crook of an O/O for awhile making percentage of load. What a crock!

Now I'm a linehaul butthead driver of wiggle wagons for a well known company. Guaranteed miles. Sundays and Mondays off (football special!) Direct deposit... the same amount EVERY week. Easiest job I EVER had! I go to sleep in NC and wake up in KY every morning. All I gotta do is drive my ass back home! :lol:

Salary raise of 1/3rd of what I was making for my first 3 years. Should be able to pay for my own hookers now! ;)

And, yeah... I DO get to come home most nights if I want to, but only for a few hours. Just long enough to post on CAD and make it look like I'm unemployed!

Drive about 8.5 hrs/day, work 10. Log it legal. (well.... sort of.)

Not bad for a rookie. But, I paid my dues OTR/team for 3 years. You don't get ahead in this business by wanting it ALL the first year! Of course.... you know that. That was for the noobies here.

I'm sure someday I'll get tired of seeing the same stretch of road everyday. But, for now... it's all about the money. By the end of next year, I should be completely out of debt. After that? Perhaps the mountains and prairies of the West will lure me back to OTR. A man can sit for hours and whittle if his bills are paid.

Biggest problem I have right now is, I miss the truckstop food! :lol: Maybe, I'll have to marry a cook again! NOT! :hellno:

Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend! I get the day after off (which works for golfing,) and have to work Saturday. Same schedule for Christmas and New Year's. I can live with it. I'm getting paid. Other holidays that fall on a Friday or Monday will give me a 3 day weekend. Sweet!

BigDiesel 11-24-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 425397)
All you could find, eh? :rofl:

You gonna take half the week off and hope to win the lottery like Fredog? :eek1:

Yeah, BD. I got a job (again.) It HAS been a rough year for me, but it is ending on a good note.

As you know, my company went under around July 1st. Then I went to work for a cheap azz crook of an O/O for awhile making percentage of load. What a crock!

Now I'm a linehaul butthead driver of wiggle wagons for a well known company. Guaranteed miles. Sundays and Mondays off (football special!) Direct deposit... the same amount EVERY week. Easiest job I EVER had! I go to sleep in NC and wake up in KY every morning. All I gotta do is drive my ass back home! :lol:

Salary raise of 1/3rd of what I was making for my first 3 years. Should be able to pay for my own hookers now! ;)

And, yeah... I DO get to come home most nights if I want to, but only for a few hours. Just long enough to post on CAD and make it look like I'm unemployed!

Drive about 8.5 hrs/day, work 10. Log it legal. (well.... sort of.)

Not bad for a rookie. But, I paid my dues OTR/team for 3 years. You don't get ahead in this business by wanting it ALL the first year! Of course.... you know that. That was for the noobies here.

I'm sure someday I'll get tired of seeing the same stretch of road everyday. But, for now... it's all about the money. By the end of next year, I should be completely out of debt. After that? Perhaps the mountains and prairies of the West will lure me back to OTR. A man can sit for hours and whittle if his bills are paid.

Biggest problem I have right now is, I miss the truckstop food! :lol: Maybe, I'll have to marry a cook again! NOT! :hellno:

Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend! I get the day after off (which works for golfing,) and have to work Saturday. Same schedule for Christmas and New Year's. I can live with it. I'm getting paid. Other holidays that fall on a Friday or Monday will give me a 3 day weekend. Sweet!

Sounds like a good gig.... :thumbsup:

You are not missing much in the OTR world right now..... We are fortunate to have the contracts we have right now.... can't imagine just working off the boards......

Why anyone misses truckstop food is beyond me.....

golfhobo 11-24-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel (Post 425400)
Sounds like a good gig.... :thumbsup:

You are not missing much in the OTR world right now..... We are fortunate to have the contracts we have right now.... can't imagine just working off the boards......

Why anyone misses truckstop food is beyond me.....

Yes, I realize I have gotten lucky. Jobs are hard to find these days, and there are alot of drivers out of work with more experience than me.

My last year at the old company, things were getting slower and slower. Of course, we had lost a major contract, and were dependent on the boards and brokers. This is NOT a good situation to be in. Even Gman is talking about numbers that would have disgusted him a year ago!

The O/O I worked for briefly got most of his loads from C.H. Robinson. But, he only had a few trucks. Who is going to get the loads when they slow down? The guy with a few trucks... or the one with 30? I learned a valuable lesson there!

As for T/S food. It is not all that bad. I don't like to cook. When I was on the road for 5-6 days at a time, I needed to eat well. I can't live off of Wendy's or hotdogs. I like a good salad and a steak at least every other night. The salads kept me regular (which driving inhibits) and the steaks gave me protein to convert to energy. I refuse to get FAT like many truckers are! I've been out there for 3 years now, and I haven't gained a single pound! I didn't usually eat the buffet, but if I did, I RARELY get seconds.... so, I wasn't really getting my money's worth. Didn't matter. I pay for what I need. I NEEDED a balanced diet.

I've ridden with guys who lived off of baloney or ham sandwiches, with cheese and no lettuce, every day. I saw one quit to take a food service monkey job because he NEEDED to lose some weight. Sorry. I don't want to work that hard.

No, truckstop food is not as good as mom's... or even my ex-wife's. But, I'll take a sit down dinner at Petro or T/A anyday before I will live off of hamburgers. I alternate with a subway footlong every other day. I eat a Wendy's or Burger King about once a week because I LIKE them! If I had spent the last 3 years as a SOLO, things might have been different. But, driving team does not leave alot of room for cooking in the truck, nor the time.

I ate in the cafeteria while in High School and college. I ate at the mess hall while in the military. A truckstop buffet is not much different. Some of the food is not so tasty which is why I usually order a steak. But, we make sacrifices in life. I have chosen to sacrifice taste for nutrition.

What about you, BigD? Do you get to come home every night to your wife's excellent cooking? That would explain the BIG part. I gained 20 pounds the YEAR I was married! But, I have no cook at home anymore, so I eat BETTER on the road than I do at home.

belpre122 11-24-2008 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 425404)
The O/O I worked for briefly got most of his loads from C.H. Robinson. But, he only had a few trucks. Who is going to get the loads when they slow down? The guy with a few trucks... or the one with 30? I learned a valuable lesson there!

Hey Hobo. I've always wondered about the particulars that went down regarding working for that O/O. I knew that you were really into it going in, and then it all fell apart rather quickly. What all happened? There may be a few good lessons for folks contemplating working for an O/O?

Are you taking advantage of your increased Line 5 opportunities?:p

golfhobo 11-24-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belpre122 (Post 425405)
Hey Hobo. I've always wondered about the particulars that went down regarding working for that O/O. I knew that you were really into it going in, and then it all fell apart rather quickly. What all happened? There may be a few good lessons for folks contemplating working for an O/O?

Are you taking advantage of your increased Line 5 opportunities?:p

I'll tell you ALL about it if you'll kill at least one or two of those siglines! I had a puppy once, and I used to rub his nose in his own pee to teach him a lesson. He grew up and became my best friend.

Rev.Vassago 11-24-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 425407)
I'll tell you ALL about it if you'll kill at least one or two of those siglines! I had a puppy once, and I used to rub his nose in his own pee to teach him a lesson. He grew up and became my best friend.

You gotta admit though.....it was a fun lesson.:clap:

Kevin0915 11-24-2008 11:58 PM

Actually what it boils down to, are new drivers who come on here actually looking for GOOD advice, but then you end up with members who just like to give newbies a hard time, or give them scarcasm rather than give them usefull information. That is what kills boards like this. The 'super truckers' who think they are so good, they are above everyone else, and have no room for others opinions about anything.

They would rather see a thread started by a newbie asking a question, then make off-color remarks about their skill level or the company they work for rather than put forward a meaningfull constructive response. That is a shame.

Rev.Vassago 11-25-2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin0915 (Post 425411)
Actually what it boils down to, are new drivers who come on here actually looking for GOOD advice, but then you end up with members who just like to give newbies a hard time, or give them scarcasm rather than give them usefull information. That is what kills boards like this. The 'super truckers' who think they are so good, they are above everyone else, and have no room for others opinions about anything.

I took the liberty of going back and looking at your posts, and it seems as if you were giving it as good as you were taking it. In fact, there were several people here who offered you very good advice, and you spat in their faces for it because it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Everyone doesn't candy coat things, and like you, they have opinions. Just because their opinions differ from yours doesn't mean their advice is any less good. But you know, you get back what you give tenfold.

So rather than complaining about others, why not try toning back your own attitude, and see if others follow suit? At the very least, it will put the spotlight on them, so they can be dealt with accordingly.

:)

belpre122 11-25-2008 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 425407)

Not a problem GH! Just go back to the Alcohol and OTR thread.........state that you were wrong in no uncertain terms.......and give appropriate props to the poster(s) that were trying to give the correct info.

And the signatures go away.............

Rev.Vassago 11-25-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belpre122 (Post 425419)
Not a problem GH! Just go back to the Alcohol and OTR thread.........state that you were wrong in no uncertain terms.......and give appropriate props to the poster(s) that were trying to give the correct info.

I know he "kinda sorta" retracted his position, but never fully admitted to being wrong. I'm not sure if he even thinks he was...

Kevin0915 11-25-2008 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 425416)
I took the liberty of going back and looking at your posts, and it seems as if you were giving it as good as you were taking it. In fact, there were several people here who offered you very good advice, and you spat in their faces for it because it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Actually if you went back and looked at my posts AND the posts i was responding to, or who responded to mine, you will see that it wasnt till i was 'given' before i started to 'give'. Everyone has their own opinion, but when someone starts talking to me like they KNOW me, or how well (or poor by their standards) i can drive a truck, or start slamming me because of the road i chose to get my CDL, then guess what, i could care less what your opinion is.

You dont take your car into an auto mechanic and before you ask him to even look at it, start complaining how bad you HATE auto mechanics because they are all rip-off artists, do ya?

Kevin0915 11-25-2008 12:28 AM

oh, and if you went back and started looking at all the posts that basicly were 'oh you drive for swift, you must suck, or you have no skill..." you'd still be reading....

Rev.Vassago 11-25-2008 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin0915 (Post 425426)
Actually if you went back and looked at my posts AND the posts i was responding to, or who responded to mine, you will see that it wasnt till i was 'given' before i started to 'give'.

So that makes it okay then? Is this the "They started it!" argument?:thumbsdown:

belpre122 11-25-2008 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin0915 (Post 425411)

They would rather see a thread started by a newbie asking a question, then make off-color remarks about their skill level or the company they work for rather than put forward a meaningfull constructive response. That is a shame.

You sure seem to keep finding your way back Kev. New drivers get good advice if that is what they are looking for. If they want to tangle a bit, that is available also.

Kills a board? That's a mighty statement from a poster that's been around for a couple of months. This is the most viewed trucking board on the internet. Something must be right.

You seem to enjoy being in the midst of combat Kev. There's no problem with that at all. Hell, a Kevin0915 is the type that will usually encourage debate. Quit fighting it Kev! You love it, or you wouldn't keep coming back.

BTW.........welcome to CAD. Always good to have some new blood with an opinion!;)

Kevin0915 11-25-2008 12:35 AM

No, it is the "dont blame me for my 'tude, when everyone else started giving it before me" argument. like i said, i didnt give till i got. and the history speaks for itself. Dont like me? i could give a flyin F--k less. But dont give me 'tude (not you specificaly) then 'offer' your opinion and expect me to even consider it. act professional, and i'll treat you professionally. That goes with anybody on here, shippers, cosignees, the company....anything. I was at a Wal-Mart dropping a load the other day, and the guy in charge was soooo having a bad day. He was very short with me, not 'rude' but close. Before i left, i went to the vending machine, bought him a coke, and went back and said "here, you seem to need to take a break. Hope this cheers you up a little."

Rev.Vassago 11-25-2008 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin0915 (Post 425434)
No, it is the "dont blame me for my 'tude, when everyone else started giving it before me" argument. like i said, i didnt give till i got. and the history speaks for itself. Dont like me? i could give a flyin F--k less. But dont give me 'tude (not you specificaly) then 'offer' your opinion and expect me to even consider it. act professional, and i'll treat you professionally. That goes with anybody on here, shippers, cosignees, the company....anything. I was at a Wal-Mart dropping a load the other day, and the guy in charge was soooo having a bad day. He was very short with me, not 'rude' but close. Before i left, i went to the vending machine, bought him a coke, and went back and said "here, you seem to need to take a break. Hope this cheers you up a little."

So someone is rude to you, and you're rude back to them, and you somehow expect that they will suddenly change their tune? Seriously - if you want to see change, why not start with yourself?

If you have an issue with someone, your best bet is to take it up with the modulators. You'll see a little red triangle on everyone's posts. If someone is going over the line, click the thing - that's what it's there for.

Kevin0915 11-25-2008 12:44 AM

Someone is rude to me, then i will be rude back. Remember that little gay 'golden rule', do unto others..blah blah blah. Rude to me, i'll be rude to you. I dont expect anybody to change their tune because of it, but i dont expect them to blame ME for them being rude to begin with.

I bet you're the kind of guy who would blame the cop for giving you a ticket for speeding because it wasnt your fault he set up that speed trap. Oh, and i could care less about that little red triangle. Someone going to give me 'tude, dont get all butt-hurt when i throw it back at ya, then blame ME for being 'the bad guy'.

Rev.Vassago 11-25-2008 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin0915 (Post 425438)
Someone is rude to me, then i will be rude back. Remember that little gay 'golden rule', do unto others..blah blah blah. Rude to me, i'll be rude to you. I dont expect anybody to change their tune because of it, but i dont expect them to blame ME for them being rude to begin with.

I bet you're the kind of guy who would blame the cop for giving you a ticket for speeding because it wasnt your fault he set up that speed trap. Oh, and i could care less about that little red triangle. Someone going to give me 'tude, dont get all butt-hurt when i throw it back at ya, then blame ME for being 'the bad guy'.

Then quit whining like a little girl about it.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin0915 11-25-2008 12:51 AM

then how about you quit giving me shit about it then? i make a statement, and you gotta keep it going for the last 15 minutes. dont like me, i dont care. getting all upset will just make your blood pressure keep going up. I wont lose sleep because you aren't my friend.

golfhobo 11-25-2008 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 425424)
I know he "kinda sorta" retracted his position, but never fully admitted to being wrong. I'm not sure if he even thinks he was...

Well, you're CLOSE Rev. But, as usual.... not exactly. Um.... have I seen YOUR retraction yet on the .04 in a POV rule? Or the 14 hour violation after 8 hours in the sleeper if you take 10 off rule? No. I've seen lots of dodges and misdirections. Maybe, you should practice what you preach...REV.

belpre122 11-25-2008 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 425442)
Well, you're CLOSE Rev. But, as usual.... not exactly. Um.... have I seen YOUR retraction yet on the .04 in a POV rule? Or the 14 hour violation after 8 hours in the sleeper if you take 10 off rule? No. I've seen lots of dodges and misdirections. Maybe, you should practice what you preach...REV.

Let's forget the Rev for a moment GH. We don't want to get off track.............Do we? This is between us.

Are you willing to do the right thing? Or not? It really is that simple.
That way the new drivers that you so often refer to, will not view that thread and possibly go away with erroneous information that you so enthusiastically touted. Ball is in your court Hobo.

I won't even ask for a Yes or No. I'll just give you until midnight and will check the thread for your corrections. Or not. Simple as that.

Kevin0915 11-25-2008 01:02 AM

Good one golf...

let me try another one on for size, Rev......try to follow along.....

The title for this section of the board is "New Truck Drivers Get Help Here". keywords here are NEW and HELP. Why do people on here feel it is their duty to look down on new drivers, or bash someone who is asking for help, then scratch their head why the newbie is throwing it back at them, then bitch about it.

This is a board for HELP and QUESTIONS. Got an opinion? Great....lets hear it. What newbies asking for help DONT want to hear is how STUPID they are or how BAD they must be.

I really like the member who tells everyone they dont like "YOU ARE GOING TO FAIL." I'm sure he has a mantle full of "Father of the Year" awards.

My question is simply this....if someone is on here for HELP, why tear them down with stupid remarks, and anything that isnt constructive?? If you dont have anything meaningfull to lend to the conversation, then just stick a sock in it.

Rev.Vassago 11-25-2008 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belpre122 (Post 425445)
Let's forget the Rev for a moment GH. We don't want to get off track.............Do we? This is between us.

Are you willing to do the right thing? Or not? It really is that simple.
That way the new drivers that you so often refer to, will not view that thread and possibly go away with erroneous information that you so enthusiastically touted. Ball is in your court Hobo.

I won't even ask for a Yes or No. I'll just give you until midnight and will check the thread for your corrections. Or not. Simple as that.

:popcorn::lol2:

golfhobo 11-25-2008 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belpre122 (Post 425419)

Well, Bel.... I can't agree to "no uncertain terms." I DID offer to go back and modify my posts in that thread once, but the Rev quashed that idea with his usual condescension.

I have told others that it was a mistake for me to listen to him and NOT go back and revisit that thread and my "position." Believe it or not, it HAS been weighing on my mind for months now.

I'll make you a deal. I don't think I have time tonight to deal with it, (you KNOW how windy I can be,) but I WILL this coming weekend. Cut me some slack this week and see what happens. If you don't like the results by next Monday night when I have to return to work, you can add the sigs back.

I understand your position on the matter. I understand your RIGHT to make fun of me if that's what trips your trigger. I don't think it speaks well for your character, but that's a different story. YOU applied for friendship status on my profile page. I consider you a friend. I don't beg for anything, but I AM asking you, as a friend. Lift your "sanctions" for a week, and I'll make time to do what I should have done long ago.

That's what is known as a "treaty." We both have to give a little.

golfhobo 11-25-2008 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 425409)
You gotta admit though.....it was a fun lesson.:clap:

Not for my puppy!

And when I realized how I had mistreated him, I learned a lesson.... and grew up a little. Believe it or not (coming from me,) there are things more important than being RIGHT.

belpre122 11-25-2008 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 425453)
Well, Bel.... I can't agree to "no uncertain terms." I DID offer to go back and modify my posts in that thread once, but the Rev quashed that idea with his usual condescension.

I have told others that it was a mistake for me to listen to him and NOT go back and revisit that thread and my "position." Believe it or not, it HAS been weighing on my mind for months now.

I'll make you a deal. I don't think I have time tonight to deal with it, (you KNOW how windy I can be,) but I WILL this coming weekend. Cut me some slack this week and see what happens. If you don't like the results by next Monday night when I have to return to work, you can add the sigs back.

I understand your position on the matter. I understand your RIGHT to make fun of me if that's what trips your trigger. I don't think it speaks well for your character, but that's a different story. YOU applied for friendship status on my profile page. I consider you a friend. I don't beg for anything, but I AM asking you, as a friend. Lift your "sanctions" for a week, and I'll make time to do what I should have done long ago.

That's what is known as a "treaty." We both have to give a little.

Done Hobo! I may be a bit forward, but I am always certainly negotiable and understanding.

No, I am not making fun of you GH. You did that to yourself in this case.
I only request that you don't "revisit" the subject. That has been done ad infinitum. Just make it right. No spin. That's all I ask.

Be careful out there this week!

Rev.Vassago 11-25-2008 01:32 AM

I'm suddenly very much looking forward to next weekend....:popcorn: