Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   frustrated and confused (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/36025-frustrated-confused.html)

Blind Driver 11-01-2008 03:03 AM

$55k+ my first year.

You experience will vary.

wepwawet 11-02-2008 05:36 PM

1. is it true that the first couple years i will only make about 25-30k no matter what the recruiters say?

I made 45k my first yr. It all depends on how hard your willing to work, without changing your focus on safety. Meaning if your to tired even if you finished your 10hr break bite the bullet and tell them you need a cpl more hrs.

2. Schneider is only hiring experienced drivers?
I have heard nothing but good things about their training. Altho I heard they closed their skid pads dont know if thats a fact.

3. who has the best school for driving?

I went to Swift school in Millington, TN I thought they were great. But it all depends on you. If you ask they will work with you till you understand the answer. But if you keep quite in the back and nvr ask they will just push you thru.

BigDiesel 11-02-2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobry4u (Post 420847)
I personally, think Swift is as good as any mega company to work for starting out.

:rofl::lol2::rofl::lol2:

dobry4u 11-02-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel (Post 421298)
:rofl::lol2::rofl::lol2:

I did say personally :zzz:

Syncrosonix 11-02-2008 07:43 PM

bigdiesel bought me coffee. true story.

dobry4u 11-02-2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syncrosonix (Post 421300)

:bow: No way!!! :bigthumbsup:

BigDiesel 11-02-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syncrosonix (Post 421300)

:hellno:

wsyrob 11-02-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gula197 (Post 420728)
ok guys i started to go forward with being a trucker but i been hearing mixed opinions here are some questions for the experienced guys...
1. is it true that the first couple years i will only make about 25-30k no matter what the recruiters say?

2. Schneider is only hiring experienced drivers?

3. who has the best school for driving?

i talked to a Schneider recruiter a while back and she told me i will make about 50k because i will start in a tanker because i live close to the tanker station in baton rouge,Louisiana
Edit/Delete Message

I started with Superior Carriers right out of school and am on track to make around 50K my rookie year. If you really want to pull a tank you live in a good place to do so. If I were in your shoes I would call every Chemical Tanker company in the area and ask to talk to someone about getting into the industry. Ask them if they accept entry level drivers out of school and which school they suggest you attend. I know Tidewater Transport and Superior Carriers will hire entry level guys. Schnieder is Ok but you can make more money with some of the other guys. Its about selling yourself. These second tier companies are not interested in average truck drivers.

Syncrosonix 11-02-2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobry4u (Post 421301)
:bow: No way!!! :bigthumbsup:

totally. he also got rick roll'd by the one and only.... :clap: :rofl: :smokin: