Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   said I was done OTR. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/35706-said-i-done-otr.html)

BIG JEEP on 44's 09-28-2008 01:24 AM

said I was done OTR.

I lied I am approved for hire decided to try Con-way/CFI...I'm told that after I get my haz-mat I'll be able to run dedicted from henderson,co term-grand juction,co-and back to henco term...which i don't mind costant mountain driving ,so that would be a good fit...

Creek Jackson 09-28-2008 03:00 AM

Re: said I was done OTR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
I lied I am approved for hire decided to try Con-way/CFI...I'm told that after I get my haz-mat I'll be able to run dedicted from henderson,co term-grand juction,co-and back to henco term...which i don't mind costant mountain driving ,so that would be a good fit...

Hey, I hope it works out for you. BOL :)

Jumbo 09-28-2008 04:36 AM

Welcome back to the dark side.

Orangetxguy 09-28-2008 07:37 AM

Quote:

Luckily..there's just not that many mountains along that route...some hills yes...but nothing outrageous.

BIG JEEP on 44's 09-28-2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:

Luckily..there's just not that many mountains along that route...some hills yes...but nothing outrageous.

no it's well maintained on the pass going over eisenhower on 70 and that's about the steepest it gets on the trip .

GMAN 09-28-2008 01:27 PM

Welcome back. Good luck.

marylandkw 09-28-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

no it's well maintained on the pass going over eisenhower on 70 and that's about the steepest it gets on the trip .

Only hazmat has to go over Loveland pass. 300" of snow October thru June, something like 32 switchbacks and no guardrails. Chain law in effect every other day. Cake walk really :lol:

Sounds like a good deal Bigjeep.

Coolio 09-28-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Still tryin' to get a piece of that OTR pie?
Couple posts back, you was talkin bout runnin local.
Go to nite school man, get yourself edumacated.
Trucking is long hours, low pay, no respect.
The DOT# on the door might be different, but the game is the same.
Not a damn thing's changed
Hurry up and wait
Wait and hurry up
Hot load..run run run grab a back door and let's go
Sorry driver, no load, freight's slow
But I told you I wanted to be home this weekend!
Shower #1110 is now ready.
Sorry driver, no overnite parking
Weekend dispatch warriors

Those wheels don't turn, you don't eat

ohiomohawk 09-28-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolio
Quote:

Still tryin' to get a piece of that OTR pie?
Couple posts back, you was talkin bout runnin local.
Go to nite school man, get yourself edumacated.
Trucking is long hours, low pay, no respect.
The DOT# on the door might be different, but the game is the same.
Not a damn thing's changed
Hurry up and wait
Wait and hurry up
Hot load..run run run grab a back door and let's go
Sorry driver, no load, freight's slow
But I told you I wanted to be home this weekend!
Shower #1110 is now ready.
Sorry driver, no overnite parking
Weekend dispatch warriors

Those wheels don't turn, you don't eat

Well now lets look at the bright side of OTR for a minute....wait...nevermind.

Fredog 09-28-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

you change jobs more often than I change my underwear :oops:

hope this one works out for you.