Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   What type of drivers make the most CPM or hourly (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/35312-what-type-drivers-make-most-cpm-hourly.html)

kwantz 09-02-2008 03:32 AM

What type of drivers make the most CPM or hourly

ok here goes a completly newbie question......

out of all the different types of cargo or types ,hazardous materials, different certificates etc.... what type of drivers make the most $
and how do you get to achieve that type of money$

repete 09-02-2008 05:43 AM

GOOD ONE'S make the most:lol:
for someone with limted exp. you can get your Haz Mat and pull a tank or go food grade and pull a tank others on here can guide you on that just do a search. Van is the easist to get into but also pays less (usaully) some flats will pay more but there seems to be a lot of if's there.

GMAN 09-02-2008 09:59 AM

Any time you get into specialized freight, rates tend to be a little higher. Hazmat doesn't usually pay any more than non-hazardous freight unless you get into something such as munitions or radioactive cargo. Vans are usually on the lower end of the pay grade, but not always. Flats tend to pay more than vans. Most people start pulling vans and then get into more specialized freight once they gain some experience. Tankers will likely pay more than vans. Some companies offer additional pay for helping unload sometimes. Additional pay can also be made with multiple stops, tarp pay, etc., Find something you enjoy and go for it. I would not go with something only for the pay. You need to enjoy what you do.

Jumbo 09-02-2008 02:54 PM

Hold please. A local driver will with you shortly to answer your questions.

belpre122 09-02-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo
Hold please. A local driver will with you shortly to answer your questions.

"Yes, hello? Local driver here. May I help you?"

Depends entirely on how much you value your own time.

On average, I work 50 hours per week. That is from the time I card in, until I card out. No fancy logging, no freebies, no overnights. Excellent benefits, paid vacation, personal, sick time. Safety bonuses. (that are actually paid)
New equipment.

I am relatively new to this game. For 2007, my third year of driving, I made a couple of hundred shy of $60,000.

"I will now transfer you back to an OTR driver. One will be on the line shortly."

kwantz 09-02-2008 05:03 PM

belpre122

I was wondering what type of Company do you work for? what do you haul?

belpre122 09-02-2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwantz
belpre122

I was wondering what type of Company do you work for? what do you haul?

I work for a petroleum company. I haul mainly gasoline and diesel fuel.

zipy46 09-02-2008 10:08 PM

Those trucks that move special govt stuff around at night make the most.

Bumper 09-02-2008 10:10 PM

The all black semis with the matching helicopters flying over head...oh yeah, Men In Black is real....

wimpy 09-02-2008 10:49 PM

Experienced ones.