Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   team driving (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/35052-team-driving.html)

zayder06 08-16-2008 09:17 PM

team driving

Drove solo for a few years then went local.Now Im thinking about going back out due to lay-offs.Can driving team improve my odds on improved miles dispatched?The company I use to work for seem to always get the team drivers out longer and faster

Evinrude 08-16-2008 09:35 PM

Most companies want team only drivers . But when they cant find them solo's will do.

Myself I would rather go to jail than team.

zayder06 08-16-2008 09:45 PM

do the teams get preferance over solo when it comes to dispatching loads,miles..etc

Flashmann 08-16-2008 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evinrude
Most companies want team only drivers . But when they cant find them solo's will do.

Myself I would rather go to jail than team.

Me too........5 weeks with a trainer,when I started out cured me of ever wanting team again.....

flood 08-16-2008 11:49 PM

the reason teams get better runs is that a solo can't do 1000-1300 miles a day but we can,

Evinrude 08-16-2008 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flood
the reason teams get better runs is that a solo can't do 1000-1300 miles a day but we can,

you can have them.

Drew10 08-17-2008 12:10 AM

I agree with Evinrude....Id rather be in jail that run team.

IMO....teams do not get better runs that solo...they get runs better suited for a team truck vice solo truck.

Also....IMO...I doubt you will make more money than a solo. Considering that either the miles or the CPM area split between the drivers. I also heard in some companies the CPM may not be an even split, depending on driver experience.

Templedawg 08-17-2008 12:45 AM

You can make some really good $$$ running team, if you are with the right company. The run I was on last bid paid $83k to EACH driver with weekends off. Our best run is almost $92k a year to EACH driver, with weekends off. Obviously the #1 man on seniority took it, but the money can be made.

belpre122 08-17-2008 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Templedawg
You can make some really good $$$ running team, if you are with the right company. The run I was on last bid paid $83k to EACH driver with weekends off. Our best run is almost $92k a year to EACH driver, with weekends off. Obviously the #1 man on seniority took it, but the money can be made.

That sounds like some pretty decent scratch Templedawg. I'm not sure who you work for, but I am absolutely sure that you aren't teaming for CRST for that type of money. :lol:

zayder06 08-17-2008 01:34 AM

thanks for the responses gentlemen.has anyone ever heard of Union team driving??